Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

So' date=' this new signing which was meant to be happening yesterday - is there a sniff of it happening today, instead?[/quote'] I reckon there is not going to be any movement now until the last few days of the transfer window, just to keep everyone on their toes.

If we get Barahino and West Brom get benteke Id argue we are getting the worse deal

Exactly, for me Benteke is better than Behrahino.

If you think we would pay 32m for a player you are supporting wrong club

lol what? Doubt he's going to be £32 million for a start, but secondly if the player is good enough why wouldn't we pay £32 million?

If the club refuse to buy a player because they have some pre-determined limit to their spending then they are making the wrong noises about ambition and progress.

lol what? Doubt he's going to be £32 million for a start, but secondly if the player is good enough why wouldn't we pay £32 million?

If the club refuse to buy a player because they have some pre-determined limit to their spending then they are making the wrong noises about ambition and progress.

Ambition does not equal spending loads of money....

The club have consistently said that the club needs to live within it's means and has to be self sufficient. That would rule out 32 million pound signings.

Completely different type of players but when you factor in cost of transfer fee and wages Berahino is by far and away the better purchase

Berahino wages- 15k per week

Benteke wages- 120k per week

http://www.whatfootballersearn.com/player/christian-benteke/ just came across this and it shows you how much elite footballers have earned while you're viewing the page :lol:

LOL if you think spending is ambition.....Spurs spent 100m from Bale money Liverpool 200m under Brenda....that worked well glad you ignored Leicester season how much did they spend to win league?

Completely different type of players but when you factor in cost of transfer fee and wages Berahino is by far and away the better purchase

Berahino wages- 15k per week

Benteke wages- 120k per week

http://www.whatfootballersearn.com/player/christian-benteke/ just came across this and it shows you how much elite footballers have earned while you're viewing the page :lol:

You're off your head if you think we'd be paying Berahino £15k a week, would be at least 4 times that.

From recollection. Played at Celtic with VVD for a bit. VVD had to carry him. Not rated in Scotland. Stuck in ManC reserves with the likes of Mangala ahead of him. No thanks.

Not really true cause defensively Denayer did good at Celtic. He just ain't no VVD, who's technically and physically on a different level but Denayer held his own there.

Would be a good backup, not good enough as a starter tho

Berahino wanting to see our his contract at wba apparently so if this is the player we are hoping to get over the line it'll be difficult.

Possibly a tactical ploy on his/and his agents part to lever a move now, or WBA see him go for free in 12 months?

Does the transfer window close tonight then?

Slow clap round of applause for you. For the slower minds and pedants in the room I'll be clearer on what I wrote: There were rumours of a transfer today or yesterday that would be impressive before our opening game of the season and it is disappointing that this wasn't the case and hasn't materialised but not a huge surprise, no biggy it wouldn't have effected much other than some feel good going in. Puel thinks Redmond has comparisons with Thierry Henry, tomorrow is our first game of the season and next up we have man Utd so we will have to have faith that Puel is right at least for the next few weeks. If any transfer does yet happen it is disappointing it couldn't be done sooner because new signings take time to gel, however that is the nature of the transfer season and why they should open transfer window as soon as season ends and shut the window before new season begins.

Edited by Mallagroth

Plenty of time left in the window to get an attacking midfielder in. If it is a marquee signing i would rather they got over the line eventually rather than miss out and be forced to bring in a second or third choice target. The team we have to start the season is a very good one. Redmond and Hojberg are great additions as well as the squad fillers McCarthy and Pied.

I think we all knew the Tadic contract was going to happen. With all the talk and ITK posts going on , it was a bit disappointing nothing materialised. However, the squad is in reasonable shape for our first few games, we really should be winning tomorrow. I have faith we still have a couple lined up, and although we won't perform as well in the league, I'm absolutely buzzing for the Europa League, and hope we take it seriously.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Club just released a PR video - foreshadowing a signing? :suspicious:

Probably in a minority but bloody loved that, amazing to see just how far we have come as a club. I still have memories of seeing us being relegated amongst a pub full of WBA fans and having a sense of dread for the club. Don't get me wrong still very keen to see one or two more quality additions but sometimes it doesn't hurt to take a second and reflect on just how brilliant our journey has been over the last seven years.

Tadic presumably is the left sided attacker we were signing.

Nope. It isn't dependant on Tadic. Though if negotiations keep dragging on, I would guess we would switch targets. Or at least I would, fortunately the club are more patient than I am!

Nope. It isn't dependant on Tadic. Though if negotiations keep dragging on, I would guess we would switch targets. Or at least I would, fortunately the club are more patient than I am!

So, there's stuff happening but it's not that close to being over there line just yet? To be that patient, I guess we really must wasn't the player.

This attacker we want, is he someone to get excited about? By which I mean does he have an existing reputation or is he someone fans may not know much about.

This attacker we want, is he someone to get excited about? By which I mean does he have an existing reputation or is he someone fans may not know much about.

A player who has gone through a 'Pelle' phase of being solid and now very good in a foreign league.. Without the nightmare phase Pelle had. Not Physically akin to Pelle you understand. And a few years younger. Player is keen, club want to keep him/or maybe are just playing hardball with our valuation. That really is as much as I can say.

A player who has gone through a 'Pelle' phase of being solid and now very good in a foreign league.. Without the nightmare phase Pelle had. Not Physically akin to Pelle you understand. And a few years younger. Player is keen, club want to keep him/or maybe are just playing hardball with our valuation. That really is as much as I can say.

no then...maybe yes.

so cryptic

Edited by Batman

Smells like Bas Dost to me.

Slow work day... So since Guan posted this a couple of nights ago, I've sorted out a list of players mentioned since his post above:

- Berahino

- Boufal

- Brandon Barker

- Bruma

- Castaignos

- Chadli

- Depay

- Felipe Anderson

- Gabbiadini

- Grealish

- Insigne

- Januzaj