If Ronald goes...

alpine_saint

How are they going to offer the latter with FFP?

I don't think he would have to rebuild at Everton every season unlike us. Also, traditionally they are a bigger club as others have said can offer more £££, and possibly higher wages/transfer pot.

I don't think he would have to rebuild at Everton every season unlike us. Also, traditionally they are a bigger club as others have said can offer more £££, and possibly higher wages/transfer pot.

Good luck trying to keep Lukaku, Barkley, Stones et al.

Wouldn't be surprised if Everton end up like Villa in a couple of seasons.

Don't think the Everton job would be the step up that Ronald would be tempted by, tbh unlike Joey Barton on Talk Sport today I personally don't even think it is a step up.

Yes I was unfortunate enough to hear Mr Barton say that we've done alright in recent seasons, but are nothing compared to the massive gravitational pull that is planet Everton. So it's a no-brainer for RK, according to Joey.

Yes Everton are a big club, but so are Newcastle - should Ron consider them too?

'Traditionally bigger club' means very little these days IMO.

It's cash and the level of football for most players out there, even the cash situation is not that favouring the 'bigger' clubs because having an extra 10,15k people through the gates is small compared to £150 million TV money everyone will get. You need like Man Utd levels of commercial money/sponsorship for the true extra revenue.

Players/managers will go from us to Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool because they can offer them high wages and likely will challenge better than us, and they will go to Arsenal, City, Spurs, and now Leicester because again higher wages + champions league.

Unless Everton can literally throw millions at players and offer him a giant contract as well, it's a step down for him.

I think arsen wenger will see out his contract and call it a day at the end of next season and then depending on our position end of next season i think Ron could go there and we end up with Benitez....!

Would not mind Benitez at all.

I think arsen wenger will see out his contract and call it a day at the end of next season and then depending on our position end of next season i think Ron could go there and we end up with Benitez....!

No thanks. Not that I think he'd ever be in the frame

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Isn't the point that if RK doesn't sign a new contract he will be gone this summer anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

No. He has a year left.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Despite the fact that he has a year left on his contract I would of thought that Les and co would not be happy letting him run down that year as that hardly constitutes a plan for the future. If he will not sign a new contract we might as well get a new guy in the summer with some commitment for the next 3 or more years who can build on what we have already acheived.

Koeman "interested" but not a single quote or sentence to back it up. Mostly about De Boer.

Typical journalist jargon too - Koeman is "in the race" like he's jostling for position with Frank.

"Hey Frank, it's a good club, get out of my way."

"No Ron, I'm racing out of a good position, you get out of the way!"

Would be highly p*ssed off if he goes there.

Koeman "interested" but not a single quote or sentence to back it up. Mostly about De Boer.

Typical journalist jargon too - Koeman is "in the race" like he's jostling for position with Frank.

"Hey Frank, it's a good club, get out of my way."

"No Ron, I'm racing out of a good position, you get out of the way!"

Would be highly p*ssed off if he goes there.

We'll this, basically.

Show me the quotes, Mr "journalist".

I don't think it will happen, it's a bit of brokers/agents talking and quite frankly it's not really a great move for Koeman - a sideways move to just another club that could potentially finish sixth, just without the two year head start he has with us. It's not going to get him any nearer to managing Barcelona than we are.

But stop asking for quotes in newspaper stories people. Quotes in many many cases are not indicators of veracity - quotes can be from no-mark sources.

True, good sources would provide info without giving usable quotes. Judge stories on their merits, it's not that difficult.

I don't think it will happen, it's a bit of brokers/agents talking and quite frankly it's not really a great move for Koeman - a sideways move to just another club that could potentially finish sixth, just without the two year head start he has with us. It's not going to get him any nearer to managing Barcelona than we are.

But stop asking for quotes in newspaper stories people. Quotes in many many cases are not indicators of veracity - quotes can be from no-mark sources.

True, good sources would provide info without giving usable quotes. Judge stories on their merits, it's not that difficult.

Would also be worth people realising that mentioning/posting said stories doesn't mean you wrote them/believe them/agree with them.

A lot of melty naivity tonight, more than normal anyway.

For all the papers to have the same story they have obviously been briefed by Everton or someone very well connected to them.

Would also be worth people realising that mentioning/posting said stories doesn't mean you wrote them/believe them/agree with them.

A lot of melty naivity tonight, more than normal anyway.

For all the papers to have the same story they have obviously been briefed by Everton or someone very well connected to them.

Being that I am specifically responding after two posters in succession mentioned about lack of quotes then I don't know what your point is.

Meanwhile the hunt for "chatter that he is interested" goes on, right?

Being that I am specifically responding after two posters in succession mentioned about lack of quotes then I don't know what your point is.

Meanwhile the hunt for "chatter that he is interested" goes on, right?

I was agreeing with you. And adding that people seem to get offended/aggressive when you post things they don't like.

See the other thread for suggestions he is interested.

I was agreeing with you. And adding that people seem to get offended/aggressive when you post things they don't like.

See the other thread for suggestions he is interested.

Mods = please delete my previous post as Charlie was agreeing with me after all. Thank you mods.

Hope Koeman stays with us.

But if he doesn't then we know De Boer is keen on coming to England. And we might also find out how 'ambitous' the up and coming Howe really is.

Would be disappointed if Koeman left for a mediocre club like Everton, but if he did go I expect we'll move on pretty quickly.

I agree. Every time someone has left, whether that be a staff member or player, we've moved on and improved. The structure we have at this club is the key to our success.

I'm starting to get excited whenever there is a major change.......It's doing my head in!!

I agree. Every time someone has left, whether that be a staff member or player, we've moved on and improved. The structure we have at this club is the key to our success.

No it's not. The board are useless, and have succeeded despite themselves.

Ask anyone around here they will tell you.

Despite the fact that he has a year left on his contract I would of thought that Les and co would not be happy letting him run down that year as that hardly constitutes a plan for the future. If he will not sign a new contract we might as well get a new guy in the summer with some commitment for the next 3 or more years who can build on what we have already acheived.

This. I don't get some people's thinking that it is a good thing if he sees out his contract. Teams always under perform if they know the manager is leaving. If he doesn't sign he has to go.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk