Ryan Bertrand

SO16_Saint

I don't know TBH. I was told originally that he'd be used in a £50m + player deal for VvD and it then seemed to morph into ££ + player for Bertrand when it appeared VvD wasn't going anywhere. Perhaps the club have Said Bertrand isn't now going anywhere either, I genuinely haven't a clue.

All I do know was that City fully expected to have Bertrand in as 1 of 4 full backs to be bought this window. I may find more out this weekend if I'm out with the chap from Manchester.

I'm loathe to put to much on here as the usual dins are all over it.

Personally I'd take £25m + player for Bertrand.

They rate Iheanacho at £25m so you think Bertrand is worth £50m?

I don't know TBH. I was told originally that he'd be used in a £50m + player deal for VvD and it then seemed to morph into ££ + player for Bertrand when it appeared VvD wasn't going anywhere. Perhaps the club have Said Bertrand isn't now going anywhere either, I genuinely haven't a clue.

All I do know was that City fully expected to have Bertrand in as 1 of 4 full backs to be bought this window. I may find more out this weekend if I'm out with the chap from Manchester.

I'm loathe to put to much on here as the usual dins are all over it.

Personally I'd take £25m + player for Bertrand.

I'd snap their hand off at either of them deals if i'm honest. Ultimately, both want to leave (I would be very very surprised if we still have Bertrand come the end of the window) and whilst they would be missed, they are easier to replace (especially with £50m...) than finding a forward of the quality of Iheanacho. Who, if you ask me, is top class.

I'd snap their hand off at either of them deals if i'm honest. Ultimately, both want to leave (I would be very very surprised if we still have Bertrand come the end of the window) and whilst they would be missed, they are easier to replace (especially with £50m...) than finding a forward of the quality of Iheanacho. Who, if you ask me, is top class.

Tune changed a bit then from your "he`s definitely off" stance.... ;)

I think Bertrand will go.

More so, we probably have to let him go as no way do we want to be in the position of replacing LB, CB and RB in one go next summer

just hope targett/McQueen are not seen as the 'replacement'

Tune changed a bit then from your "he`s definitely off" stance.... ;)

Nope, tune hasn't changed. Had Puel and his backroom staff (assuming these are gone as well) remained then yes, he would have definitely been off. As would a few others.

Who knows what the new manager will bring? The squad may instantly fall in love with him and never want to go. As things stand, assuming an acceptable offer is made and we don't have another Fonte situation (player wanting to go to x club and x club never making a serious offer), he will go.

Nope, tune hasn't changed. Had Puel and his backroom staff (assuming these are gone as well) remained then yes, he would have definitely been off. As would a few others.

Who knows what the new manager will bring? The squad may instantly fall in love with him and never want to go. As things stand, assuming an acceptable offer is made and we don't have another Fonte situation (player wanting to go to x club and x club never making a serious offer), he will go.

So its "might be off" then...right

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

Do City have any Home Grown players what so ever, apart from Stones and Sterling?

Angus Gunn, the England u21 keeper (and son of former Norwich keeper Bryan) will probably be their third choice keeper now Caballero's gone.

Patrick Roberts would count as a home grown player - albeit developed at Fulham. However, he's yet to play for them and probably has another year out on loan somewhere in his near future.

They've got a pretty excellent youth team, haven't they - them and Chelsea have hoovered up all the talent in recent years. So presumably there will be one or two on the fringes of the first team before long.

Slim pickings, though.

Angus Gunn, the England u21 keeper (and son of former Norwich keeper Bryan) will probably be their third choice keeper now Caballero's gone.

Patrick Roberts would count as a home grown player - albeit developed at Fulham. However, he's yet to play for them and probably has another year out on loan somewhere in his near future.

They've got a pretty excellent youth team, haven't they - them and Chelsea have hoovered up all the talent in recent years. So presumably there will be one or two on the fringes of the first team before long.

Slim pickings, though.

Both City and Chelsea seem incapable of turning great youth prospects into quality end product!

I think Bertrand will go.

More so, we probably have to let him go as no way do we want to be in the position of replacing LB, CB and RB in one go next summer

just hope targett/McQueen are not seen as the 'replacement'

I can't see anywhere for him to go to though.......

Man city IMO

Will depend on the Mendy deal, but I see no reason why they won't nail that one.

After he signs, a move to City might suddenly seem a bit "Chelsea bench" to him. (Hopefully).

I'm keeping half an eye on Liverpool left-back targets, as I don't trust those pesky scouse people.

Slim pickings, though.

Gunns back at Norwich on loan

I wonder if this is Reeds last season and he is trying to go out with a mini bang?

Seems odd that he's sold anything and everything the previous 3 summers and openly flogs us as a stepping stone club fighting it out for 8-12th spot and then suddenly slams the stable doors.

Great for us, but feels very much like we are building to a huge sale list next summer.

Edited by Heisenberg

I wonder if this is Reeds last season and he is trying to go out with a mini bang?

Seems odd that he's sold anything and everything the previous 3 summers and openly flogs us as a stepping stone club fighting it out for 8-12th spot and then suddenly slams the stable doors.

Great for us, but feels very much like we are building to a huge sale list next summer.

Poor effort - getting tired, maybe go the JRod route and go for a new username #freshstart

There's a routine in there somewhere. Don't give up.

3/10.

You fully well know why, the reasonings have been explained and posted on this very forum and you know it.

You fully well know why, the reasonings have been explained and posted on this very forum and you know it.

So we are no longer a stepping stone club?

Jan Bednarek spoke quite openly about us being a stepping stone club just a few days ago?

So we are no longer a stepping stone club?

Jan Bednarek spoke quite openly about us being a stepping stone club just a few days ago?

I fail to understand why you bother with SFC, all you do is moan 24/7, it aint normal.

I fail to understand why you bother with SFC, all you do is moan 24/7, it aint normal.

Whose moaning?

Youre moaning about me moaning but i ain't moaning.... :)

If we are no longer a stepping stone club, i just worry how that affects those players signed on the premise that we are a stepping stone club?

If we are no longer a stepping stone club, i just worry how that affects those players signed on the premise that we are a stepping stone club?

This is like when they pay a visit to Lincolnshire's last remaining blacksmith on Countryfile. Masterful.

Whose moaning?

Who's, you're and the first person pronoun is a capital "I".

It's tedious enough reading your repetitive drivel. At least do us the courtesy of using English correctly.

Whose moaning?

It's tedious enough reading your repetitive drivel. At least do us the courtesy of using English correctly.

Haven't read the article but IMHO John Cross is an absolute helmet.

Cross is one of those reporters who seems to try and curry favour with the big clubs, at the expense of journalistic integrity (lacking impartiality, or at least slanting things so far one way), so I think that I probably agree with your summation of him. Still quite a long way to go to overtake Samuels in the helmet stakes.

Haven't read the article but IMHO John Cross is an absolute helmet.

Cross is one of those reporters who seems to try and curry favour with the big clubs, at the expense of journalistic integrity (lacking impartiality, or at least slanting things so far one way), so I think that I probably agree with your summation of him. Still quite a long way to go to overtake Samuels in the helmet stakes.

Hope he is just proving his worth and with the players coming in or stepping up and with none going out it could be the start of us entering the level we're aiming for team wise not league position. If Les can pull it off and shape the future I'll be happy as and hold him in high esteem. Even though if he doe's there'll be countless vids of him knocking one out about it. He has a lot to make up after fkn it up last year but reckon he has the balls and the backing to pull it off this season.

Hope he is just proving his worth and with the players coming in or stepping up and with none going out it could be the start of us entering the level we're aiming for team wise not league position. If Les can pull it off and shape the future I'll be happy as and hold him in high esteem. Even though if he doe's there'll be countless vids of him knocking one out about it. He has a lot to make up after fkn it up last year but reckon he has the balls and the backing to pull it off this season.

Excellent work. Welcome to the pilkunnussijas. We should form an official group of grammar and punctuation moderators.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Excellent work. Welcome to the pilkunnussijas. We should form an official group of grammar and punctuation moderators.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Being linked again with City for £25m.

In the prime of his career, having not long ago signed a long term deal and being England's first choice LB with Rose out injured then the price should be higher - especially given the fees this summer.

To sell for £25m would be very poor business.

Clearly one of Bertrand, Targett and McQueen will be moving in some form though as cannot have three left backs especially when two need matches to develop...

Now this £25m is a figure others have come up with, not SFC. Its like VVD, LFC and £50m. All rather meaningless without getting our agreement. TalkSport were quoting £30m and the dipsomaniac added "it looks like he's off to City" as if it is a fait accompli.

Me too but if I was him I would jump at the chance to earn more money and play in the Champions League wouldnt you

It is just a job to Ryan after all

If people were consistent the same attitude should apply to VvD. I don't see any difference.

If people were consistent the same attitude should apply to VvD. I don't see any difference.

Neither do I

If I was a footballer I would rather play for Liverpool than Southampton

But that said the players do have contracts to play for Southampton