Man Utd v Saints Match thread

Edmonton Saint

a more clinical forward and we would be in front. We do look as though we could still get a fair result.

Utd have the top quality striker who made the difference. Our lack of height in the forward line may be a problem, but I will give the team a chance as they look the better side until it gets into the goalscoring positions

Right, I have a theory about Saints that seems to work....

We win a half, we lose a half.

We lost that one.... We should win this one...

If not - time for a rethink Les, time to buy some players Miss Liebherr.

Let's see what happens....

I predict 3-0 man u

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact SaintRobbie and Alpine share the same views fills me with a very odd sense of optimism for the season ahead.

Lots of utter trash posted on this thread.

Very even game, neither side really taking it to each other. We've looked threatening though, got into some dangerous positions - that role for Tadic suits him down to the ground in my opinion, and as expected, Pierre has been amazingly good. What happens to Cedric when he plays a PL game though? His ball retention is non-existent. We need a hell of a lot more from our full backs though.

I can not believe some of the comments above.

We have controlled the game, had some good chances - certainly less defensive than the last two years at OT.

Any educated fan would see this is very good football. A lack of a killer instinct but jeez guys this is the second game and if we carry on this way then I can only see another fine season.

Support the team !

Well said, but a bit too much like a Saints supporter to be on this forum

I know it is oft said but do we have the highest number of cnts who profess to be supporters?

It certainly seems that way. Embarrassing and only serves to

Remind me of my own wisdom.

I accept opinions but to blast the team as above is pathetic, we are looking fine.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37055384

Stats suggest we are doing alright.

We have controlled the game, had some good chances - certainly less defensive than the last two years at OT.

Any educated fan would see this is very good football. A lack of a killer instinct but jeez guys this is the second game and if we carry on this way then I can only see another fine season.

Support the team !

Pretty much agree with all of that. The negativity is repellant. If we lose it's best to stay away from here for a week, it's depression inducing :(

It's been a pretty good performance so far. Only real issues is lack of a top finisher up front (but I reckon most fans of any PL team would say the same) and the fact we gave Rooney a full half an hour to put a cross in.

I think Austin coming on might help the ball stick up front a bit more.

Imagine that exact same first half, but with just one second of it working out differently and Long scoring as he should have. Then how do you feel about Saints performance? Bloody great, right? So don't judge 46 mins and 59 seconds by the standards of 1 second. There was so much to admire in Saints performance. Confident passing, terrific skills, all in the face of the most intimidating build up you could imagine. This season's going to work out just fine.

The fact SaintRobbie and Alpine share the same views fills me with a very odd sense of optimism for the season ahead.

Very even game, neither side really taking it to each other. We've looked threatening though, got into some dangerous positions - that role for Tadic suits him down to the ground in my opinion, and as expected, Pierre has been amazingly good. What happens to Cedric when he plays a PL game though? His ball retention is non-existent. We need a hell of a lot more from our full backs though.

I agree. There are encouraging signs, but our full backs are vital in this formation and Targett in particular is so poor. It's difficult to see us scoring a lot of goals

Support the team !

Agreed. We look good, Zlatan scored against us but it's Zlatan...

I agree. There are encouraging signs, but our full backs are vital in this formation and Targett in particular is so poor. It's difficult to see us scoring a lot of goals

Can see why we signed Pied, and Bertrand will be massive for us and will thrive in this setup.

Support the team !

Couldn't disagree more to be honest. Hojlberg and Tadic have been different class but everyone else has been seriously second best. We are passing the ball around nicely in the middle and in defence but up front we are hoping either Long or Redmond can get onto a long pass. Our one shot on goal was that Long chance which was poor. Utd have not been spectacular at all but they are coming forward with pace and trying to get through us. Passing the ball around the half way line is not very impressive to me. Scoring goals does and right now the only player I think who could do that is Tadic. He needs to be further up the pitch.

Are you serious? He gets dummies inside and just waves his left leg at the ball as it goes past him on the outside. He fell for exactly the same move earlier in the game and Davis rescued him at a stretch.

Players are able to pass the ball past other players, that happens.

Wtf are you on about? Long is a striker and Redmond is being converted into one, which is going well so far.

I mean Long and Redmond are the same type of player. Quick, fast , and small. We need to team one of them with a box type, bigger, direct scorer. If Purl doesn't rate Austin then we need to get one. Like ManU did.

Cedric's been pretty good really - crisp passing and a willingness to get forward. They were there for the taking at times but we lack the polish to finish. How Mane would have created havoc in a game like this.