Man Utd v Saints Match thread

Edmonton Saint

So we lose at Old Trafford and the moaners expect us to win this match - given that they have THAT team, Ibra, Rooney, Pogba, Martial, etc! Get real we're doing well, but hard to compete against this type of quality.

I reckon their left back cost more than our back 5.

We are boring. Puel... We have no end product. You have one plan...its failing again.

Redmond displaying his standard lack of ability so far.

We lack quality - we badly need a replacement for Mané, Wanyama and Pelle.

Any chance Les?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are boring. Puel... We have no end product. You have one plan...its failing again.

Any chance Les?

Harsh the bold bit. Agree we need another Dm and a striker, doubt we will see a Mane replacement annoyingly.

Any chance Les?

you gotta laugh

I suppose everyones entitled to a view

Being a very average premier league full back at his age is a great achievement. Shaw was exceptional, shouldn't be compared to that.he's fine as back up while he's learning

He'll never be good enough but will be given far longer than he should because he's come through the academy. A championship player and no more.

We've passed it nicely but we really are going to struggle to score goals playing in this way

Puel has no strikers and Long can't play in the role of attacking midfielder. Redmond has been awol. And can't play there either.

Puel is clueless.

We pass and pass and have loads of midfielders.... And no one to score and pass to. No target man. Puel needs 12 players to play his system!

Joke.

We need to invest in players for Puel fast - not Les Reids fantasy team - we need x3 players urgently - this year I'm properly worried.

I think we're doing OK. Just one lapse where Davis decided not to close Rooney down and they score. Apart from that effort we've had nothing to worry about. We've created a few chances and I'm sure we'll create a few more in the second half. I'm keeping everything crossed as this game ain't over yet.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Well I think we've played very well. Bit frustrating that Davis didn't close Rooney down more but I bet Puel will go nuts at him about it.

Only other complaint is that on two occasions we've got forward with them scrambling to get in position only for us to pass it back to the defence giving them time to organise.

Tepid stuff from both teams really.

Our defending for the goal was rubbish though. Davis lets Rooney take all the time in the world to pick out Ibrahimovic, who rises above Fonte like he wasn't even there and finishes.

Had some good chances, but we seem incapable of producing a worthwhile shot.

Neither full back is contributing enough going forward either. Targett wastes every attacking opportunity by crossing on sight and Cedric is just passing backwards and sideways.

We have 1 striker, Austin. However Purl puts him at the end of the bench. Interesting that ManU's striker is the one who scored. We need finishing not more passing around.

Wtf are you on about? Long is a striker and Redmond is being converted into one, which is going well so far.

I can not believe some of the comments above.

We have controlled the game, had some good chances - certainly less defensive than the last two years at OT.

Any educated fan would see this is very good football. A lack of a killer instinct but jeez guys this is the second game and if we carry on this way then I can only see another fine season.

Support the team !

Puel has no strikers and Long can't play in the role of attacking midfielder. Redmond has been awol. And can't play there either.

Puel is clueless.

We pass and pass and have loads of midfielders.... And no one to score and pass to. No target man. Puel needs 12 players to play his system!

Joke.

We need to invest in players for Puel fast - not Les Reids fantasy team - we need x3 players urgently - this year I'm properly worried.

You might want to check your blood pressure.