West Ham build up

SO16_Saint

That's a shock!!!! Read the "Rodriguez" thread and you will see varying reports between "He's fine" and "He's in Germany having possible groin/hernia operation - out for a couple of weeks". About time someone came up with the truth. Why can't the medical team make an announcement to stop the speculation?

As a general rule, even if you're retired with nothing to do but stay on here all the time and push F5, why do you 'need' to speculate? It's a pointless, stupid and valuless habit.

So what if he is or isn't injured? I think most of us would like to see him well and fit and playing well because he comes across as a genuinely nice bloke and when on song a damn good footballer who's great to watch and helps us win games which we all like. Fortunately the club and a great many other people avoid the need to have to have something to gossip idly about and just get on with things and in many ways none of this is really anyone's business. See the Van Arnholt episode at Sunderland, for example. You (i.e. not just you, but the public in general) are really just owed a team that is put out - all this other stuff is just guff.

If anyone is looking for a spare i have a mate who is no longer able to make. message me if interested.

You're not a Full Member so people can't (I don't think) - I believe SouthCitySi is looking for one and I'm happy to get him to the top of the queue. :)

Defender Mausaku out for the Hammers. Played 5 Prem games this season apparently. Will they be light at the back?

They have a couple of options. They could go with Byram at left back and Antonio at right back. Or what they seem to think is more likely, is to have Nordtveit (midfielder) at right back and Byram at left back - but whatever they put out, the players at full back will be out of their natural position.

As a general rule, even if you're retired with nothing to do but stay on here all the time and push F5, why do you 'need' to speculate? It's a pointless, stupid and valuless habit.

So what if he is or isn't injured? I think most of us would like to see him well and fit and playing well because he comes across as a genuinely nice bloke and when on song a damn good footballer who's great to watch and helps us win games which we all like. Fortunately the club and a great many other people avoid the need to have to have something to gossip idly about and just get on with things and in many ways none of this is really anyone's business. See the Van Arnholt episode at Sunderland, for example. You (i.e. not just you, but the public in general) are really just owed a team that is put out - all this other stuff is just guff.

Gather you're not addressing this to me as I'm not the one speculating. I said that because so many others are.

Isn't there an internal investigation going on about how they signed that player that bad? Seems like a benefit to them.

Just saw that he is out. Instant thought was that it is a shame for us because he's looked poor so far. A couple of spectacular errors against WBA stand out. Was hoping he'd assist Austin in a similar fashion!

Bilics take on things in his own newspaper column(?)

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/slaven-bilic-west-ham-players-must-fight-to-turn-season-around-and-i-hope-history-repeats-itself-a3352171.html

I assess the morale, both of the group and the individual, and what I have seen this week, in the aftermath of that 4-2 defeat by West Brom, is a very positive squad of players that are hurting and want desperately to right the wrongs of the last couple of games.

expect a backlash from west ham then

Last season we played them on December 28. We had gone eight games without a win but we beat them 2-1 at home on that day and things began to get better.

they were gash in that game to :x

Puel.......

Winning is important, Good for the young players more

Gives players more possibilities to show their qualities

it was 3 wins at home, now we see if we can keep this up away from home as we have a number of away games

I see good work in the training sessions

we are strong in defence

we have good options in attack

we play good football

it is important that the whole squad are involved, we have many games and many challenges

we must keep good energy to keep good results

we must continue and we have 3 games away and the players must show their abilities

we have many games and it gives every player a chance to show their qualities

It is important for the players to show confidence

we know it is important to finish games off, to score more goals otherwise the last mins are difficult

we work in training on defending free kicks

Free kicks are a good opportunity for them with payet

we must concentrate and defend well, that is very important

Fraser or Alex have not had to make many saves recently and that is because we are strong in defence

Payet is a very good player, we have good players too and they will have to play well to defend against us

they are a good team, every team is a good team in this league and we must concentrate

no new injuries, Jrod is out for the moment with a groin injury, he will be back after the international break

Boufel is doing well, perhaps after the international break

Don't know about Ben Arfa in January (laughs). Not happy for him, he is a good player and a good man and hopes he can find a solution and get back in his team

Before every game, we consider the players, the opposition, we will change the team to keep the energy high

the next 3 games are interesting, a big challenge and I want the players to show they can stay strong and good results

long travel and then to play away again

we first concentrate on west ham, they really want the points and we know what that is like

it is important to win away and get the first one for us

despite their position, we have to be ready and concentrate

they are getting used to their new stadium and they will be intense against us

it will be a big challenge

we can see they have injuries, we look where we can exploit

it is important to worry about our game first

we play with organisation and energy

if we do that, we have the possibility to win

So that's another 3 or so weeks out for Jay.

Oh no! - Lets hope the other strikers don't get injured in the meantime.

Puel.......

it was 3 wins at home, now we see if we can keep this up away from home as we have a number of away games

we are strong in defence

we play good football

it is important that the whole squad are involved, we have many games and many challenges

we must continue and we have 3 games away and the players must show their abilities

we know it is important to finish games off, to score more goals otherwise the last mins are difficult

Fraser or Alex have not had to make many saves recently and that is because we are strong in defence

Payet is a very good player, we have good players too and they will have to play well to defend against us

they are a good team, every team is a good team in this league and we must concentrate

no new injuries, Jrod is out for the moment with a groin injury, he will be back after the international break

Don't know about Ben Arfa in January (laughs). Not happy for him, he is a good player and a good man and hopes he can find a solution and get back in his team

Before every game, we consider the players, the opposition, we will change the team to keep the energy high

the next 3 games are interesting, a big challenge and I want the players to show they can stay strong and good results

we first concentrate on west ham, they really want the points and we know what that is like

Thanks for the write-up Bats. Literally just logged on to find out what's been said and you've nailed it in 1 post for me.

Puel.......

we are strong in defence

we play good football

Hmmm, interesting possibilities.

Boufal has ALWAYS been coming in after the international break every time the club has mentioned approximate readiness. So forget him for West Ham A, Be'er Sheva A and Leicester A.

Next match after the international break is Burnley H - which he might not be ready for or otherwise I'd expect him to start. Failing that I can't see us starting him for the first time in the San Siro the following Thursday, though it might be a nice surprise to bust him out against Man City away the weekend after if he hasn't played by then.

Puel.......

we are strong in defence

we play good football

Thanks for the summary. More user friendly than listening, though I must say CP's english is improving. CP strikes me as an intelligent man hampered somewhat by having to express himself in english but I respect the fact that he has tackled the press conferences head on in English, unlike Pochettino. You got the job for every press conference if you want it but I think you won't be needed by Christmas.

Thanks for the summary. More user friendly than listening, though I must say CP's english is improving. CP strikes me as an intelligent man hampered somewhat by having to express himself in english but I respect the fact that he has tackled the press conferences head on in English, unlike Pochettino. You got the job for every press conference if you want it but I think you won't be needed by Christmas.

:adore: :lol:

If anyone is looking for a spare i have a mate who is no longer able to make. message me if interested.

You're not a Full Member so people can't (I don't think) - I believe SouthCitySi is looking for one and I'm happy to get him to the top of the queue. :)

Well, I haven't heard anything back, so I'm ducking out of this...

I like Puel................. "Payet is dangerous on free kicks, what are you going to do about them"........................ yeah like he is going to tell you............... the reply starts and a minute later you have forgotten what the original question is.

I must get a recording of a few of his interviews onto my iPod for those nights of insomnia, as his soft quiet speaking just lulls you off into a state of peace and tranquility. When you hear his interviews its strange to see him get animated on the sidelines.

I like Puel................. "Payet is dangerous on free kicks, what are you going to do about them"........................ yeah like he is going to tell you...............

I liked the fact that he also replied to that question with: " I'll do the same that West Ham are doing to prepare for our great free kick takers like JWP and Tadic" (words to that effect)

I'll second that 'Always' ............ GENIUS

Puel.......

we are strong in defence

we play good football

:toppa: Fair play to you B'man, you put some time into that. Tbh I didn't realise there was so much content in a Puel press conference. Not boring then, just the language barrier.

Looking forward to your summary of Puel's post victory interview.

First time I really listened to a presser with Claude (indeed, were the second parts published before?). Has increased my respect for the decent common sense he talks, indeed some dry gentle humour creeping in (asking if a journo was writing an article about Charlie after his n'th question about him; also noting that the Tadic penalty question is getting a bit obsessional (but also saying that it was in future clear before each game who would take pens, and that we had a lot of good penalty takers including Davis and JWP). Some interesting comments about Shane and Redmond as well as Charlie, it's early days, all about confidence. Also said he wanted to see 12 or 15 people having scored by the end of the season, the team should be there as a unit, all attacking and all defending when necessary. True the language still restricts communication a bit, and this is not always helped by the translator losing subtleties - for instance, comparing Fraser and Lloris, CP talked about Fraser's "envergure" as his strength, meaning making himself big ("wingspan") - but the translator just came up with "stature". Similarly, (in effect) putting the game out of the opposition's reach was translated as "staying focussed". But Claude has already made enormous progress in a pretty short time.

Need a touch of realism with Boufal, even when ho does make his debut it will probably be only a cameo for 15 minutes as a late sub and he'll likely stay on the bench for two or three games gradually building up his match fitness and acclimatisation to the physicality and pace of the Premier League.

We shouldn't expect too much too soon, high expectations will only lead to disappointment. If he proves his worth it'll be the new year before his greatest impact will be felt.

Need a touch of realism with Boufal, even when ho does make his debut it will probably be only a cameo for 15 minutes as a late sub and he'll likely stay on the bench for two or three games gradually building up his match fitness and acclimatisation to the physicality and pace of the Premier League.

We shouldn't expect too much too soon, high expectations will only lead to disappointment. If he proves his worth it'll be the new year before his greatest impact will be felt.

:( was kinda hoping for a hatrick on his debut

An intersting midfield battle predicted between Clasie and Payet here:

"If Cedric Soares struggles to cut off the inside route then Jordy Clasie - scurrying across from the middle - will need to be ready to close him down. Clasie has not always found it easy in England, but he is a very strong tackler and should be able to out-muscle Payet on Sunday. Theirs is the most important head-to-head of the game, and Payet will need Manuel Lanzini's movement to drag Clasie away from the left-centre zone if Payet is to win the battle."

I doubt if Austin will be on till late in the game, if we are not on target, and Antonio's heading is a concern, otherwise I think it will be a low scoring 1-0 win to Saints. Schlong and Redmond need to convert their chances tomorrow.

I know Martina played mid week but feel he is a better match to Antonio than Cedric. Wouldn't be surprised to see him start.

Quite a surprising quote since many people have indicated he was defensively very poor on Wednesday. He is undoubtedly better than Cedric going forward but in a match up with Antonio I would personally pick Cedric every time.

Quite a surprising quote since many people have indicated he was defensively very poor on Wednesday. He is undoubtedly better than Cedric going forward but in a match up with Antonio I would personally pick Cedric every time.

Just who were these "many people"? Handful of mithering old blokes sat in the Snug down the Dog & Duck?!!!

Blimey I only came on here to say that I see Jonathan Moss is our ref tomorrow................... What joy.

must stop posting after a drink.

Edited by John Boy Saint

Just who were these "many people"? Handful of mithering old blokes sat in the Snug down the Dog & Duck?!!!

Blimey I only came on here to say that I see Jonathan Moss is our ref tomorrow................... What joy.

must stop posting after a drink.

What?

What?

You said many people said he was defensively poor on Wednesday, that couldn't have been further from the truth, he had a solid game, and unless I had a snooze whilst watching in the ground I can't recall a single moment of note for Palace that came from his "poor" defensive play.

if you look at the MOTM vote for the game on Wednesday "many people" considered him worthy of their vote: and on here that speaks volumes.