Saints vs Inter Milan - Build Up

Lighthouse

Not sure the club could have anticipated both JRod and Long being out at the same time . With Austin and Redmond that is four strikers. Is it not reasonable to lean on the youth thereafter?

I don't think the four incumbents of the striker role, or any addition, would be happy rotating even more than we do at the moment.

I think lots of fans saw this situation with Austin replacing long..regardless the club didn't. And now we are a striker light.

I think lots of fans saw this situation with Austin replacing long..regardless the club didn't. And now we are a striker light.

I don't think the club expected Austin to be perennial, his fitness record was largely pretty good up until last season. J Rod's latest injury was eye related, which is hardly something the club could have foreseen.

Got to play our best team for this one.

Forster

Martina Fonte VVD Bertrand

Romeu Hojberg

Boufal Tadic Redmond

Austin

If we are serious about getting out of the group we must win this one and In turn hurt Inter's chances of progressing

that's a great line up if we played a 4-2-3-1, but in our 15 or so games this year have we played this formation?

realistically....

-----------Forster-------------

Cuco--Fonte--VVD--Bertrand

------------Romeu------------

-----Davis------Højbjerg-----

-----------Tadic--------------

----Redmond------Austin----

Speaking to a mate in Italy there is increasing speculation that De Beer is about to get the sack. With Inter due to board a flight to England tomorrow This uncertainty has got to be a good thing for us.

Let's make the most of having extra blocks of the Northam stand, with the whole end stood there is the potential to create a fantastic atmosphere which will drown out any noise generated by the small Italian contingent in the corner. The 8.05 kick off allows time for an extra pint on the way to the game as well - remember no beer sold inside the ground.

Speaking to a mate in Italy there is increasing speculation that De Beer is about to get the sack. With Inter due to board a flight to England tomorrow This uncertainty has got to be a good thing for us.

Let's make the most of having extra blocks of the Northam stand, with the whole end stood there is the potential to create a fantastic atmosphere which will drown out any noise generated by the small Italian contingent in the corner. The 8.05 kick off allows time for an extra pint on the way to the game as well - remember no beer sold inside the ground.

Confirmed... he's gone

According to the bbc live....

A confused picture at Inter Milan this morning, where it is fair to say Frank de Boer’s tenure as manager is hanging by a thread.

I spoke to a couple of people at the club late last night.

One said De Boer’s departure would be announced this morning, another said the Dutchman could cling on for Thursday’s Europa League tie with Southampton, but that if he didn’t win that, he would be out.

It seems the former Ajax coach, who was only appointed in August, is not taking training this morning ahead of a conversation with Inter’s owners, the Suning Group, that could seal his fate

Definitely a bad thing - they were ****ing dire against us at the San Siro, tactically abysmal.

True, though will the new person have much time to change anything in such a short period? I guess we'll see Thursday just how much their players have been t*ssing it off so far this season.

Definitely a bad thing - they were ****ing dire against us at the San Siro, tactically abysmal.

Doesnt matter, they threw out Mancini a few weeks before the league started and now they throw out De Boer because the whole team is a mess. Well no ****... De Boer just made a stupid mistake by going there, you should never step into a club who throws out the manager right before the league starts. That club is a mess.

And Inter made the mistake of appointing De Boer, who didnt speak the language, didnt know the club and doesnt exactly suits the culture the club or players are known to but thats also on De Boer himself.

He clashed with a lot of players at Ajax, all players who had a attitude. Yeah great idea to work at a club then where its a mess inside the club and then put a no-nonsense manager like De Boer in charge of guys like Icardi, Brozovic, João Mário etc.

Dutch managers dont do good in south of Europe in the first place, mentality of Dutch managers just doesnt suit those countries. Just like a lot of Dutch managers have issues with players from South America.

When i read that De Boer signed at Inter the first thing i thought was well he's going to be home before Christmas, which wouldnt be a bad thing cause all we need now is the Dutch FA so sack Blind. I still have my fingers crossed.

Doesnt matter, they threw out Mancini a few weeks before the league started and now they throw out De Boer because the whole team is a mess. Well no ****... De Boer just made a stupid mistake by going there, you should never step into a club who throws out the manager right before the league starts. That club is a mess.

And Inter made the mistake of appointing De Boer, who didnt speak the language, didnt know the club and doesnt exactly suits the culture the club or players are known to but thats also on De Boer himself.

He clashed with a lot of players at Ajax, all players who had a attitude. Yeah great idea to work at a club then where its a mess inside the club and then put a no-nonsense manager like De Boer in charge of guys like Icardi, Brozovic, João Mário etc.

Dutch managers dont do good in south of Europe in the first place, mentality of Dutch managers just doesnt suit those countries. Just like a lot of Dutch managers have issues with players from South America.

When i read that De Boer signed at Inter the first thing i thought was well he's going to be home before Christmas, which wouldnt be a bad thing cause all we need now is the Dutch FA so sack Blind. I still have my fingers crossed.

Do you not think they'd look at a certain ex manager of ours?

Do you not think they'd look at a certain ex manager of ours?

I highly doubt it and i doubt it even more that Koeman is willing to leave Everton. The Dutch FA is currently even a bigger mess then Inter so i dont think someone in the position of Koeman is going to give that up for the national team. If they sack Blind, which they wont do anyway, its going to be a manager without a current job and everybody in Holland will be screaming for De Boer in that case.

Not sure how they were tactically abysmal. Maybe for the first 40 minutes, but after that they got it spot on tactically. Hence why we lost...!

Totally agree how anyone can say they were tactically abysmal didnt watch the same game as me...he recognised our threat came from the wings - mainly Martina being the outlet and put 3 on that side and blocked that wing off. Martina was forced to pass back, and sideways only.

No beer sold inside the ground?

Not sure how they were tactically abysmal. Maybe for the first 40 minutes, but after that they got it spot on tactically. Hence why we lost...!

Completely agree. I don't buy into the general consensus that Inter were very poor. We took the game to them and were very hard to handle. On chances created, we probably deserved a win but tactically they managed the game perfectly.

They knew we'd play on the offensive and soaked up everything we threw at them, albeit riding their luck at times. Then when their chance finally came, which they knew it would, they didn't waste it and scored. After that their experience in European competition showed as they used every trick in the book to kill the game off.

Game plan executed perfectly I'd say.

Change to;

Playing Inter on a Thursday night

You're in league 2 coz you're ****ing ****e.

This was sung by a couple in from of me in Israel....

Oh what a night...

Pompey loosing on a Tuesday night,

The scum are going on a long haul flight,

Oh what a feeling what a night.

Shame it never caught on (no surprise), looks like city have copied us and made it their own now :rolleyes:

Is Rodriguez still out injured?

His dad tweeted this on the 27th October...

Enrique Rodriguez.@KikoRod9 Oct 27

Thank you to all saints fans who are supporting Jay. He is back in training and everything is good. Up the saints, up the clarets

He can also be seen in the training videos today. It was just a clash of heads, not really an injury more keeping him out of the Chelsea game as a precaution for concussion rules.