Puel out

Lastman73

If you think we are going to get anything other than a spanking over two legs against Liverpool then you are deluded.

Ignore him. I'm pretty sure he is a troll. You got to be nuts to think we will be in Europe next year. I think even the most staunch supporter of hull wouldn't even think that!

I'm not particularly happy with the entertainment value at the minute but still believe we should stand by Puel. A week or so back we were saying how much better he was than Koeman. Surely we are not that fickle...

I wasn't saying that and I'm not that fickle. I want to see some ****ing passion in this team, would rather Puel inspired it than needing to get someone else in to do it but is he capable of inspiring it? Jury 100% out but leaning strongly towards not guilty.

So we're out of the Europa League? Big deal.

EFL Cup semi-final to look forward to. Some people need to just cheer up.

I'd rather be a Saints fan right now then a whole host of other teams.

Perspective.

After tonight's display do you seriously believe we can get a result against Liverpool if we play like that again?

Mané will have seen this and must be rubbing his hands in delight and considering trying to beat his hat trick record.

Perspective.

Fair enough, you're on a wind up. Fair play.

Stoke have finished in the same position three seasons in a row and thus far nothing suggests they are any better this year either.

I wish we were Stoke, I wish we were Stoke etc etc.

Bournemouth are having their moment but nothing more than the Swansea/Wigan/whoever of the future.

Interesting that you mention Swansea because under Laudrup they played some very good football. They won a cup and went out of the Europa league quite late to Napoli. They had a managerial change, sold players and have been moving backwards ever since.

My comment re Stoke and Bournemouth was in relation to an earlier comment about WBA. I think all three teams have a certain style of play and seem to be progressing. Now Puel has to find a style and fit players in around it. As Benali said earlier maybe we have been unable to do that because of rotation, but only time will tell. We will undoubtedly lose players again in the summer so we may end up taking a step back to move two forward soon.

But to be clear I would like to see a team with dynamism that is able to excite he crowd and I do not think we have seen much of that this year.

Keep selling your best players and not replacing them (don't give me that ****ing ******** about Pelle and Mane being replaced) and eventually you get worse. It isn't rocket science.

Saying that, I'm firmly in the Puel is making the situation worse camp.

It's not just the manager. He is failing with this system but we have sold all of our exciting players over the last few years. Sims was the only one prepared to run with the ball tonight without losing it (redmond). At least when we had some poorer players we had magic from Lallana, mane even Shaw and Clyne showed something special. Other than vvd we have a mush of middle of the road players with little personality and not a lot of skill. It makes for extremely dull performances and a pitiful goal threat. If puel can't do better then I would give him January but after that look to move him on.

I went to 5 out of the 6 Europa games (and watched the other one) and we had virtually no goal threat in 4 of them. Concerning.

It is obvious that we lack a threat up front. We need a striker, that is the absolute minimum in January.

Not just that though is it? It wasn't exactly raining chances when Austin was in. We've got a team with no creativity and a negative, unambitious manager. A new striker won't change that. Even if we bring someone in (and I don't think we will) it'll be someone we've never heard of from some random European league that'll take half a season to get going.

A couple of seasons ago we were third in the league, crying out for someone to take the pressure off Pelle and we loaned in Elia. We didn't get anyone the January when we were pushing for a CL spot so no reason to think we will now.

Meaning what ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meaning a lot to me but probably not to anyone on here as it's my mind.

They only cared about me when I posted Bewbs. ...

Turning over a leaf and now to concentrate hard on the League and cups now.

I may be rambling in my old age, but now we're out of Europe, it's time to fixate elsewhere and there's four options. Can we do a triple at least, even though one cup involves the U21's/U23's, they're still playing first teams.

Night night, snoooooore

Not just that though is it? It wasn't exactly raining chances when Austin was in. We've got a team with no creativity and a negative, unambitious manager. A new striker won't change that. Even if we bring someone in (and I don't think we will) it'll be someone we've never heard of from some random European league that'll take half a season to get going.

A couple of seasons ago we were third in the league, crying out for someone to take the pressure off Pelle and we loaned in Elia. We didn't get anyone the January when we were pushing for a CL spot so no reason to think we will now.

Who says he's unambitious?

He named arguably the strongest line up we've named so far. The players didn't perform. Yes, we need more than just a striker.

Meanwhile, we are two games away from a Wembley final. Sure, after tonight's performance it's hard to imagine us winning. But Liverpool have lost to Burnley and Bournemouth (and didn't score against us), so we have to keep positive.

Nope, not at all.

Tonight is disappointing but there are a lot of reasons to still be positive about the upcoming season.

What upcoming season? We're in a season now, with one of the main planks of it was European football which we've completely thrown away.

I think you have to accept that lots of people recognise a failure when they see it, and this is a failure on every objective level. The EL strategy was rotate the team with a clear focus on winning all three home games, play weak teams away, and hopefully get through. Fine. But not fine because it failed.

And people giving it Yeah, cheer up, don't worry about not winning in Isreal/Prague, there are still "reasons to be positive" about the "upcoming" rest of the Europa campaign etc etc. But, there weren't no reasons, were there. We failed, not just today but across a failed campaign.

Edited by CB Fry

Who says he's unambitious?

He named arguably the strongest line up we've named so far. The players didn't perform. Yes, we need more than just a striker.

Meanwhile, we are two games away from a Wembley final. Sure, after tonight's performance it's hard to imagine us winning. But Liverpool have lost to Burnley and Bournemouth (and didn't score against us), so we have to keep positive.

He's unambitious because we don't actually attack properly and pass the ball forward. We either pass it back or sideways and we play most of the game at a walking pace. Nothing to do with players not performing. They are being told to play this way.

It is obvious that we lack a threat up front. We need a striker, that is the absolute minimum in January.

Yes one who can run fast, Davis burns up the pitch looks up and there is no bugger there.

The fact that Maya Yoshida and ultimately VVD were the most effective players in the box and that was in the last 5 minutes says it all.

Id go for someone that plays more exciting football (than Puel)

Someone with more personality (than Puel)

A fella with more attacking ambition

One man stands out - Louis van Gaal

Mancini. Knows the league and will certainly install some passion into the players.

Not usually one to overreact and I actually like Puel (other than his boring negative football) however it's not acceptable for us to have not qualified from that group and someone needs answer for how poor we've been this season.

Wasn't impressed with Puel's appointment and have only seen one or two performances all season where I thought he could be on to something. The way we've exited this competition is very poor. Losing to the likes of Hull & Palace in the way that we did causes further concern. To think that there were people saying that the 3-0 defeat at the weekend was because of the importance of tonight's game, and then they put in a performance like that!

Best I can see at the weekend is a point. A defeat would just confirm my feeling that Puel & Black have to go, sooner rather than later. Yes, you can say that the board have sold all the talent but we still have some very creative players. The problem is that Puel doesn't seem to be able to get them to create. He's turned us into something boring and horrible to watch.

Mancini. Knows the league and will certainly install some passion into the players.

Not usually one to overreact and I actually like Puel (other than his boring negative football) however it's not acceptable for us to have not qualified from that group and someone needs answer for how poor we've been this season.

We like Celtic players.....

IMG_0718.jpg

It does not seem like that long ago that I was happy because we just beat Everton, with everyone seemingly impressed that Puel gave academy product Sims a chance and his resulting strong play. A string of two very poor performances is not enough to pull the plug on Puel in my book. Plus, the club won't fire him. Koeman survived a ridiculous losing streak last season. Getting Tadic back as a starter should help.

I hope Reed and Puel get together tomorrow and sort this out once and for all. If it's lack of funds, then action Les Reed. If it's just don't know who to buy, then action on Puel. Get a flamin strategy and stop making do.

We have a strategy.... buy cheap, sell (what we think is, but in reality isn't) high and hope we get lucky.

Not sure this is either Puel's or Reeds fault, more that Kat doesn't want to invest (if this is the case, which it clearly is, it's time for her to sell as our value will only decrease).

Our luck has ran out and I'm not convinced on Ross Wilson either.

A long season ahead I suspect.

Who is looking forward to the Middlesbrough game on Sunday? I'm a season ticket holder so I'll be there and I think I'll be happy if we scrape a 0-0 draw because without our one and only real striker now that Austin is injured that is about as much as we can realistically expect. At least it will be a point rather than getting knocked out of a competition. A 1-0 win and I'll be over the moon. I'm adjusting to our new level of expectations already. But, the next level, when Fonte and van Dijk are sold won't be so easy to swallow. I'll probably still keep turning up though.

After tonight's display do you seriously believe we can get a result against Liverpool if we play like that again?

Mané will have seen this and must be rubbing his hands in delight and considering trying to beat his hat trick record.

Mane might have a problem doing that from the African Cup of Nations.

Its a semi-final of a major cup. Anything can happen. Swansea knocked out Chelsea a few years back.

If we play like we did tonight, then agree, pretty much no chance. But if we play like we can, and have, then have every chance. Especially a Liverpool without Mane and potentially Coutinho.

Perspective.

Yes it is a big deal. A ****ing big deal.

Also, you're looking forward to getting smashed by Liverpool? Madness.

I don't want him sacked, but I was DEFINITELY expecting an apology for this performance and the way he set up.

Why would he apologise?

This is the way he plays (the only way it seems)

He has been "managing" teams for the last 18 years - he's won NOTHNG for the last 17 years!!!

He is bulk standard/average French league manager somehow given a premier league job

Nobody else was interested but ol Les knows best.........

This job is too big for him and Les' basement bargain shopping luck has run out

Time 4 both to go (Kat too)

Nobody wants Stoke's players cos they're crap.

Bournemouth have a good team with decent team spirit but they are short of quality (hence why they managed to lose to West Ham!)

We will finish above these teams with ease.

I have a feeling that statement may come back to bite you on the butt ..... hope I'm wrong !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just boring football, with no end product. This clown managed to **** up what should have been easy qualification with Inter being as bad as they are. Not good enough all season and this is the icing on the proverbial cake. Get this clown out and lets get a manager in who can inspire these players to actually give a **** and look like a half decent team.

Totally agree - the only good thing he has done has been giving the youngsters a chance. I wish he would just resign now.