Bournemouth Away Build-up.

SuperSAINT

2 stats I've just read that confirm our recent troubles:

- The two Premier League players to have created the most goalscoring chances without having assisted a goal this season are both Southampton players: Dusan Tadic [32] and Nathan Redmond [28].

- Southampton have scored only four goals in their last eight Premier League games, despite attempting 101 shots in total in these games.

Yikes!

- The two Premier League players to have created the most goalscoring chances without having assisted a goal this season are both Southampton players: Dusan Tadic [32] and Nathan Redmond [28].

- Southampton have scored only four goals in their last eight Premier League games, despite attempting 101 shots in total in these games.

Yikes!

Lowest scorers in the division now as well after Boro's win yesterday. Long and/or JRod have got to step it up and do what they are paid to do, starting today.

Better idea, sell them for any amount whatsoever in Jan and buy 2 good players. Revolutionary but plausible!!

Lowest scorers in the division now as well after Boro's win yesterday. Long and/or JRod have got to step it up and do what they are paid to do, starting today.

I sure Puel will get the boys pumped up for this like caged tigers!

Haha, indeed.

Yikes!

Those stats are pretty damning yet unsurprising. I'd definitely take a 1-0 today.

Better idea, sell them for any amount whatsoever in Jan and buy 2 good players. Revolutionary but plausible!!

Jrod yes, he's so far away from being a premier league player it's embarrassing.

I'd give Long until the end of the season, despite the fact Sims looked more deadly in his first 30 seconds than he has all season.

The number of shots we've had suggest we're making chances, but our shooting is rubbish.

What do they say about a striker and confidence? Same goes for a team, maybe.

Just to play devil's advocate, it could also suggest that we are taking lots of shots from areas we're never likely to score from... and the reason why we're doing so is because we can't break down defences

Just to play devil's advocate, it could also suggest that we are taking lots of shots from areas we're never likely to score from... and the reason why we're doing so is because we can't break down defences

Yep, good point. I also wonder how many of those 'shots' have been on target. There's probably a stat somewhere.

Blackmore on twitter...

Claude Puel & Jose Fonte having a lengthy animated discussion pitchside here -team news shortly....#afcb v #saintsfc

The pitch side manager-captain discussion has just ended. Was a good 10 mins or so... #saintsfc

Fonte has always enjoyed the derbyesque games, probably seething about it.

Blackmore on twitter...

Claude Puel & Jose Fonte having a lengthy animated discussion pitchside here -team news shortly....#afcb v #saintsfc

The pitch side manager-captain discussion has just ended. Was a good 10 mins or so... #saintsfc

How have they waited until just before the match to sort this out?!

no doubt we will sit deep, and hope boufal does some individual brilliance

as said, comfortable win for bournemouth with a few small periods of nice passing from us.

fonte not playing is a joke

Can only guess he is on the way out

Redmond keeps his place - SHOCK!!

Edited by Batman

Cz9U7HFXAAAyj1x.jpg

Fonte confirmed dropped, which I find strange given that Wednesday was no effort whatsoever for him.

Pleased Reed gets the nod.

Not convinced by balance of front three.

There's balance in that both wingers have assisted a Jay Rod sitter in the last 2 games :)

What a ****ing pathetic team , what's the point of rotating when we have no game for ten days ! If we get a spanking I'm done with this manager !

There is of course the chance that we're not "saving" the players for the future, but responding to fatigue from the two games in the last 7 days.

There is of course the chance that we're not "saving" the players for the future, but responding to fatigue from the two games in the last 7 days.

I have not looked, but very much doubt any other club has made 6 changes from this weekend compared to the midweek games

then again, we do have the best midfield options in the league lol

No Fonte. Surprised & disappointed, hope it doesn't come back and bite us. Maybe Puel feels Yoshi has earned his place with recent performances?

Reed in, good. No Davis, bad.

Hojbjerg in, good. Redmond starting, bad.

Tadic on bench, understandable as he seemed slightly off the pace or out of sorts the other day - was still good, though. Hope he comes on later.

Rest of the starters? Yeah, I'll go with that. Bring Long on after an hour to give their defenders the runaround.

Still hopeful JRod will get that lucky deflection to trigger a goalscoring run. And Long. And Boufal. Hojbjerg... Redmond... VvD....

I have not looked, but very much doubt any other club has made 6 changes from this weekend compared to the midweek games

then again, we do have the best midfield options in the league lol

Not many of those teams have played the amount of games we have though either. Get over it, back the team. The team picked is capable of winning, if it doesn't, it wont be because they aren't good enough...(It'll probably be because we've not taken our chances tbf).

JWP over Reed and Tadic over Redmond are the only two I'd change. We know the club doesn't think Fonte can play 3 games in 7 days and at 33 i don't think that's a ridiculous thought to have. Davis has not exactly been great all season has he? Hardly a must starter, and without Romeu then Reed is the natural step in. The game will be much more open than the last two as Bournemouth wont sit behind the ball all game so I can see the logic to use Redmond over Tadic.