Bournemouth Away Build-up.

SuperSAINT

Romeu has been great for us, but maybe his suspension could be a blessing as we won't end up with a midfield of defenders.

Stick Clasie deepest, JWP and Hojbjerg just in front. Hojbjerg is at his best when he's running at a team with the ball.

Attacking 3 of Redmond, Boufal and Long.

Back 4 picks it's self.

Urgency and pace in the final third is all we're asking for.

What kit will we be wearing?

A tricky one f'sure - it's on tv too, so I wonder if Sky will insist on a one-off third kit like they did with Newcastle a couple of seasons ago?

With them wearing this:

bournemouth-16-17-kit-4.jpg

I can see us wearing some hideous combination of the home shirts, grey shorts and white alternate socks which the U19s wore at Old Trafford - if we don't have a new (probably white) thing planned.

No idea, btw, just speculation based on logic - we can't wear too much red, or black...

Maybe we'll get away with Bournemouth being made to wear an away shirt or something. They have an ugly blue one and a more ugly lime green/yellow one.

Hello.. to the oddbod who thinks he is brighter than he actually is... glad to see your side splitting "pal" line is back.... what a din

Given your standing and popularity on this place, I take that as the highest compliment pal.

By the way, do you ever contribute anything football or subject-related on this place?

#crushingbore

Edited by shurlock

Unlike you i don`t care about popularity...

Can everone like Shulock please he cant cope without it...

And now ignore for you because you waste my time

It's painfully obvious you don't care about popularity :lol:

Except when you pile in and pick on easy targets, presumably because it's sanctioned by others. You're a cowardly **** as well as a crushing bore.

Edited by shurlock

Well at least we can't really do any worse then we did in this fixture last season. If he rests Boufal it'll be madness, he looked really good last night. I'd start him, Redmond and Tadic, but I think there's more chance of hell freezing over then him doing that.

Howe's tactic of doubling up down the wings worked brilliantly last season. Even though that was (initially) against a different formation i.e. a back three, I can see him trying something similar and exploiting the narrowness of the diamond.

Lucky we don't play the diamond then isn't it

I'd be happy enough with a point from each of the next three games, although two points and a win would be great.

Romeu being missing is annoying, particularly as we have a ten day break after. It would have been better to be suspended for one of the hectic run after Xmas. But never mind.

I'd go with:

Forster

Cedric

Fonte

Van Dijk

Bertrand

Reed

Clasie

Long

Boufal

Tadic

Jay Rod

But we will play 4-3-3 with Davis, Hojbjerg or JWP instead of Long or Jay Rod I expect.

2-0 Bompey - they're playing some excellent stuff at the moment and we cannot score.

----------Forster

Cedric Fonte VVD Bertrand

----------Clasie-------------

-----Hojbjerg--JWP---------

Boufal-----Long-----Redmond

Can't we play someone else other than Ward-Prowse?

Romeu has been great for us, but maybe his suspension could be a blessing as we won't end up with a midfield of defenders.

Stick Clasie deepest, JWP and Hojbjerg just in front. Hojbjerg is at his best when he's running at a team with the ball.

Attacking 3 of Redmond, Boufal and Long.

Back 4 picks it's self.

Urgency and pace in the final third is all we're asking for.

Don't get why Tadic isn't a better option here. Long and Redmond are much of a muchness if they are playing as a striker. As wingers, Redmond is creative and Long just pace. But if you are playing with Redmond/Long up front, both of them will just be making runs behind. In that sense I prefer to stick with Redmond (he is on/off but you've always got the bench if he's having a stinker) and use Tadic, because Redmond brings something Long doesn't in terms of beating people 1v1.

If our approach now is slick attacking passing the ball etc there is little point having a Long. He is useful for example against Man City when we are playing the counter attack. He won't 'unlock' defenses like others will.

Bournemouth are rather good at home of late and I suggest the only way we will win isn't to have this approach where we hit top gear by minute 75. Against compact defensive teams we will suffer because a) we can't use the pace of Long/Boufal/Redmond/Cedric, as there is no space behind and b) because we have no centre forward target man to exploit the height, a la Pelle

So if we let it get to that stage, with Bournemouth playing it tight after going 1-0 up, we will never equalise.

We need to be on the front foot from the beginning, open the game up and exploit the attacking knowhow, and killer passes, of Boufal, Tadic, Hojbjerg and the fullbacks.

I reckon I can predict half the scoreline.

You are right there

It's madness to think if we play the same way

with out of form strikers we are likely to get a different result

from the goal famine

No goal Long & just 2 Rodriguez hardly likely

to have Bournemouth ****ting themselves

There's engineering between Brockenhurst and Bournemouth on Sunday morning, earliest train down there is 10.57 from Brock.

Forster

Cedric

Fonte

Van Djik

Bertrand

Clasie

Reed

Redmond

Boufal

Tadic

Long

Likelihood of him playing this team? Zero.

Well at least we can't really do any worse then we did in this fixture last season. If he rests Boufal it'll be madness, he looked really good last night. I'd start him, Redmond and Tadic, but I think there's more chance of hell freezing over then him doing that.

I agree, he is one player who could get a goal out of nothing, plus i am less inclined to rest him considering he is off to the African Cup in January, get as much use out of him now as possible and if he picks up a knock and gets injured he can stay here and recover instead of going off for a month.

last season was one of the worst away games i've done for a while, awful atmosphere, terrible game, they really really hate us and you could see how much it meant to their fans and players to get a win. When we come up against teams who want it more than us we often seem to fail, definitely need to get the players in the right mentality. I'm hoping we can rely on our defenders to give us a chance, 12 clean sheets this season so far is impressive.

A tricky one f'sure - it's on tv too, so I wonder if Sky will insist on a one-off third kit like they did with Newcastle a couple of seasons ago?

With them wearing this:

bournemouth-16-17-kit-4.jpg

I can see us wearing some hideous combination of the home shirts, grey shorts and white alternate socks which the U19s wore at Old Trafford - if we don't have a new (probably white) thing planned.

No idea, btw, just speculation based on logic - we can't wear too much red, or black...

Maybe we'll get away with Bournemouth being made to wear an away shirt or something. They have an ugly blue one and a more ugly lime green/yellow one.

Looks like new kit being announced...

This post :lol:

Got him on ignore but he wants to call me a coward and an xxxx from behind a keyboard... tough internet warrior :scared: ... its ok because he is not to bright

What is an easy target on the internet... he does talk some stupid stuff... bless him

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC