Bournemouth Away Build-up.

SuperSAINT

That's just what we've been saying. We were utter appalling there last season, even worse than Norwich and WBA away, which were dire, dire, dire.

I quite fancy us to win the "We don't care about you" derby as them coming on to us may give us space to exploit.

You're thinking of another south coast team.

I appreciate its not "the south coast Derby" but I can remember going down there to help raise funds when they were in trouble. The acted like total bell whiffs and I can't stand their attitude. Also pretending they are a derby also annoys the skates so it's a win win. I just want to beat the gob****es

Got chatting to a fairly open and honest Bournemouth fan yesterday. He admitted they want it to become a fierce Derby as they don't have one. He's in his 30s and said he can't really brings himself to hate Saints as deep down he doesn't. But the newer generation of their fans coming through are hellbent on making it a Derby, calling us scummers, singing songs about us and even wanting a bit of trouble.

Annoyingly this will probably only grow as time goes on. Well, for as long as we're in the same division. Our younger lot won't remember a Pompey game and maybe turn to Bournemouth to get their fix.

Wasn't there a survey last year about most hated and liked teams by each club. Our most liked was Bournemouth. Their most hated was us. Says it all.

Got chatting to a fairly open and honest Bournemouth fan yesterday. He admitted they want it to become a fierce Derby as they don't have one. He's in his 30s and said he can't really brings himself to hate Saints as deep down he doesn't. But the newer generation of their fans coming through are hellbent on making it a Derby, calling us scummers, singing songs about us and even wanting a bit of trouble.

Annoyingly this will probably only grow as time goes on. Well, for as long as we're in the same division. Our younger lot won't remember a Pompey game and maybe turn to Bournemouth to get their fix.

Wasn't there a survey last year about most hated and liked teams by each club. Our most liked was Bournemouth. Their most hated was us. Says it all.

I'll never understand this "our younger fans won't remember a Pompey game thing" it's hardly like we've played them a lot in general.

Growing up in Southampton it's ingrained in the city. I can remember tyro league games that got nasty with Pompey teams. It's ingrained in the city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll never understand this "our younger fans won't remember a Pompey game thing" it's hardly like we've played them a lot in general.

Growing up in Southampton it's ingrained in the city. I can remember tyro league games that got nasty with Pompey teams. It's ingrained in the city.

This. Unless we play them about 80 times in the next 50 seasons but even then Portsmouth will always be our rivals.

Also Golden Balls can you provide a link to the survey?

I'm Saints through and through ever since the war but have become an admirer of Bournemouth They play proper football and they have confounded the rich clubs, nothing to hate about them. My bitterness is reserved for Liverpool and Spurs now Pompey are off the map. I wish there was a real spirit of mutual goodwill and support, except tomorrow of course.

My preferred starting team:

-------------Forster--------------

Cedric---Fonte---VvD---Bertrand

--------------Clasie---------------

-----Hojbjerg------Davis---------

--------------Boufal--------------

--------JRod-------Long---------

Subs: Yoshi, McQueen, Reed, Redmond, Tadic, JWP, Sims, Olomola

May seem strange starting with both JRod & Long, but goals have to come.

Hoj & Boufal both attacking style, with Davis & Clasie holding it together.

If this starts, I'd hope it would stretch B'mouth, open up the game, which benefits us I reckon.

Why do Saints make some lovely third kits but then not sell them? I'd buy that white one for my little boy for Christmas and would consider getting one myself. Just going to have to hope that the saints foundation can get hold of a few then.

I don't know all the in's and out's of all the politics but reportedly a third kit is a requirement of the Premier League Rules. Saints didn't have one this season and the PL told ruled they had to do it, so the upshot of all this is that Saints have reluctantly issued a third kit to abide by the PL ruling. They have no intention of selling it to the public, obviously it is a very simple design that has been cobbled together quickly on the back of an envelope and produced in a very small batch. Presumably they will use it once tomorrow also reluctantly to comply with the PL ruling and never to be seen again. All very strange.

Never say never, aye?

If this starts, I'd hope it would stretch B'mouth, open up the game, which benefits us I reckon.

Why no Romeu? Clasie isn't a holding midfielder.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

You are mostly right but doubt we'd start with two front runners and JRod probably will have to sit this one out as he has played a lot in the last two games. Expect

--------------Forster--------------

----Tadic-----Long-----Boufal----

Just possible Reed will play instead of Hojberg with Clasie at RDMF rather than the holding position in front of the two CDs

When I was growing up in the 90s we only played them once in about 15-16 years. I knew I was supposed to hate Pompey but in reality I didn't. They didn't matter to me.

That mirror link isn't the one I'm thinking of but seems very similar. There was a table and each club had the PL team they disliked the most and liked the most. Then there was an overall result of most liked to hated. Bournemouth were most liked, we were 2nd and Bournemouth were our most liked. Spurs were our most disliked.

I'd rather see Hojberg or Reed at DM than Clasie, who has always looked better playing further forward.

Hmm, I did wonder if Reed would be better than Clasie in this game. I put Clasie in as his confidence is up at the moment. It's a 50:50 thing - don't mind either really.

I prefer Hoj further forward - I like how he attacks. We need sparky play like he provides.

It's also hard to leave Tadic out, though Charlie Wayman (post 123) has a more probable line up with Tadic in for JRod.

It would be nice to see a risk or two being taken - we attacked/pressed really well against Everton, as has already been mentioned somewhere, and I'd like to see that again.

My son is 15 and been to two saints v pompey games (three if you include the youth FA cup game a few seasons back) so he understands the rivalry I imagine plenty his age do if anything he hates Liverpool far more the Bournemouth..

Why do Stoke dislike us so much?

Because they have a massive chip on their shoulder. Still very bitter that after getting promoted they spent fortunes under Pulis and finished midtable playing dire football (they hate that everyone thought that about them) whereas we got promoted and went past them in the space of a couple of seasons whilst balancing the books and, in the eyes of others, playing attractive football. And because Jack Cork dived once and no Stoke player has ever dived of course. Ever

They're generally bitter towards everyone. Arsenal, United, Us (it was Swansea before us), they just hate everyone for some reason or other. You only have to look at the (still to this day) booing of Ramsay to know what they're all about

http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=78234&posts=13

:mcinnes:

How has the club I've respected my whole life come to hate us so much?

Don't really understand what that thread is about.

I like Bournemouth. I always happy whenever they won when they were in the lower leagues and I'm happy when they win now. They're having the best time in their history and good luck to them.

Not really on topic but this is depressing. The current form table over last 10 games. Hull and Palace have just one win each. Any know the two games they won?

4fe25e22b56990f7a65322c0b27c5c72.png

I always say this- if a team is off form then we are the team everyone would want to play. Only Everton extended their crap form against us

See we have (cue Geri Halliwell hit) "Look at Me " Mark Boody Clattenburg on the whistle tomorrow, so expect some shonky decisions.......... The most bizarre interpretation on advantage ever seen v Liverpool a couple of weeks back springs to mind.

We now know who the game is going to be about. Imagine the convo at FAHQ:

"Oi, Clatts."

"Yes, boy?"

"2 south coast teams on Sunday. Easy life."

"That's beneath me. Aren't any of the Top 6 playing."

"It's a local derby. Needs some spice. Get in there."

"I've controlled European Finals - internationals. Important games that suit important officials."

"Controlled?"

"Ok, I'll do it... show them how a real derby works. I'll take my biggest cards. Show them who's boss."

Pretty comfortable home win I think

we will miss a couple of chances but the Cherries will be worthy winners

it will be fine as people will just mention that we were equally as bad there last season

Puel will drone on about many possibilities we had to score goals

I'm more than a tad worried frankly that we are going to struggle again here - they beat us in this fixture last season and have improved markedly since. We on the other hand have stagnated at best. So - logically - we may be set for a bit of a hammering then. But, as any fool knows, the game of football is seldom a exercise in logic so put your money on the Saints to win 2-0.

Amazing looking at the table that if we win today we could be in 7th tonight which would be a bit of a head scratcher considering our patchy form. Mind you top six finish is going to be bloody hard this season as the big boys are all doing better than last season and are already 6pts clear of 7th even if we win.