Pellegrino - Half Season Verdict

St Chalet

What Should The Board Do?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. What Should The Board Do?

Voted for him to be sacked.

Best solution in my mind would be to play it safe and employ Pulis till the end of the season. He owes us for the fact we had his son here for 3 years whilst he isn’t even a footballer.

Then make sure we have someone lined up in April (Peter Bosz would be my preferred choice), so he has a full pre season to work with the squad.

No improvement on last season, terrible to watch, atmosphere terrible, players going backwards, club going backwards, Kruger and reed in denial.... depressing really.

Manager lost the fan support... out of his depth but I don’t blame him for that as reckon reed pulls the strings.

4 wins in 19 makes a 21% win rate, this puts his current record below that of these legendary Southampton managers....

Jan Poortvliet

Mark Wotte

Stuart Gray

Ian Branfoot

Only 2 managerial set ups have been worse in club history from a results standpoint.

The pairing of Gorman and Dodd

Steve Wigley

Surely 3? didn't Dean Wilkins fail to win a game in his short tenure as manager.

And somehow we’re 13th, which shows just how awful some of the teams are in this league.

We had 14 points after 19 games in 2004-05, so we’re not quite at Wigley/Redknapp levels

I think it's safe to say on 1st Jan after 21 games we will still have 19 points and we certainly won't be 13th.

Do you just find yourself surprised by all outcomes in life? The lack of insight is astounding.

11 home games in half a season is unusual.

Only playing 2 decent sides in those 11 is more unusual. Arsenal at home in winter isn't the most difficult game of the big clubs either.

We have a far, far, far harder run of home games second half of the season. So we need a manager to come in and get us beating good sides at home, and winning away games. There are no easy away games.

I'd say we're in the worst position in the league bar Swansea when you actually look at the fixtures. It's a dire, dire situation and your epic ignorance isn't going to help.

Oh look you’re being abusive again. As well as being spectacularly wrong. Yawn.

The football is dull defensive s..t and he has no clue as to who his best players are and where to play them.

If he stays then Premier league football is touch and go, either way ST sales will nosedive.

Someone needs to put him and us out of our misery ASAP.

Simply not good enough.

Muddled team selections, and substitutions, poor performances and results against teams we should be beating.

In his defence though, he has like Puel been dealt a poor hand by Les in the transfer activity, and we don't know just how poisonous the atmosphere is due to the presence of VD in the dressing room. Tht said he should be doing better than results show with the squad at his disposal.

He's had enough last chances of games "he has to win" to have a stay of execution, West Brom, Everton, Leicester, and now Huddersfield. Leicester should have been it for me.

We can't afford to leave him in charge for the Palace game.

But given Les Reed's tendency to dither, dither, and dither some more I don't expect any action soon.

Edited by Badger

As big a concern as to getting shot of MP or not, is just who is making the decisons and selections. The last two appointments have drained confidence in Les Reed. From the outside SFC does seem an empty vessel without leadership or direction.

Unlikely to replace him with someone better??

We've won 4 times v opposition in turmoil. Fairly sure we'd have more points with no manager at all.

We're going down under MP. The idea of fearing there could be someone worse seems ridiculous at this stage. Even really awful candidates like Pulis would be a step up from MP.

You think Pulis is the answer to our goalscoring woes? Mate... No words. Not sure a more defensive manager exists in English football. We'd become the ultimate laughing stock having sacked Puel for "boring football".

Puel in no way got the best out of the squad . Not even close .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

No he didn’t, at least not consistently. There were the odd gems. I liked how the team performed in the League Cup final, even if the result was obviously disappointing.

Puel got some excellent performances out of some members of the squad like Romeu. Players like Redmond did better under Puel than Pellegrino. Redmond has declined significantly under Pellegrino.

Pellegrino is proving to be a very poor appointment.

Puel in no way got the best out of the squad . Not even close .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Anyone who thinks the squad was good enough last season or even this season is highly deluded. There are severe limitations and Puel is how demonstrating to us all what he now is able to do with proper tools at his disposal. Getting us to 8th place was a minor miracle.

Anyone who thinks the squad was good enough last season or even this season is highly deluded. There are severe limitations and Puel is how demonstrating to us all what he now is able to do with proper tools at his disposal. Getting us to 8th place was a minor miracle.
Hold it, don't propagate that Puel has got a better squad at Leicester, ok there may be a couple of stand out players but the squads are pretty much the same. He did wonders here and given time will make Leicester a very good side.

You think Pulis is the answer to our goalscoring woes? Mate... No words. Not sure a more defensive manager exists in English football. We'd become the ultimate laughing stock having sacked Puel for "boring football".
Are we not the ultimate laughing stock now?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Hold it, don't propagate that Puel has got a better squad at Leicester, ok there may be a couple of stand out players but the squads are pretty much the same. He did wonders here and given time will make Leicester a very good side.

All of their attacking players are vastly superior.

Vardy v Austin (yes I know they are very different types of strikers but comparing them as both main focal points of the teans)

Mahrez v Boufal

Gray v Redmond

My guess is that he’s been given 2 games, so expect super defensive formations against spurs and united.

The fella is a dead man walking but I’m not sure who the right man is to turn this shower of **** into a team of survivors.

Good luck to whoever is mad enough to attempt it.

I think Reed has started to approach some other options as he knows we are more than likely to be in the bottom 3 in the next week.

Hasn't he just failed to win three home games on the trot? Sounds familiar! And with better players! Lol

2016 - Premier League WINNERS

2017 - Champions league quarter finalists

Hasn't he just failed to win three home games on the trot? Sounds familiar! And with better players! Lol

God what a plum. The anti Puel bitterness is increasingly making people look stupid. Must be the realisation deep down that they were wrong about him.

Let’s examine his statement that made him Lol. He’s just drawn 2 home games against Man C & Man Utd . Yes they lost to palace in the third, but before that beat Burnley & Spurs at home , both of which were in the top 6, and put 7 past us and Newcastle away. Yeah, what a lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Get rid ASAP but it’s not entirely his fault. It was the club who told us this would be a return to the high pressing game etc when even a cursory look at his career told us otherwise. The club hung him out to dry before he even got here with what can only be described as lies.

God what a plum. The anti Puel bitterness is increasingly making people look stupid. Must be the realisation deep down that they were wrong about him.

Let’s examine his statement that made him Lol. He’s just drawn 2 home games against Man C & Man Utd . Yes they lost to palace in the third, but before that beat Burnley & Spurs at home , both of which were in the top 6, and put 7 past us and Newcastle away. Yeah, what a lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

People will not admit their mistakes. They will re-align themselves, re-write history etc. Happened in 2004 and will happen again.

My guess is that he’s been given 2 games, so expect super defensive formations against spurs and united.

The fella is a dead man walking but I’m not sure who the right man is to turn this shower of **** into a team of survivors.

Good luck to whoever is mad enough to attempt it.

I suspect Reed knows the game is up. The next 2 games are almost certain defeats and better to bring in a new man before a run of winnable games to bring some positivity into the club. A heavy defeat today could mean a caretaker in place for the Utd game. Either way I agree that Pellegrino is a dead man walking.

There is plenty wrong at the club, recruitment, appointments, player egos, declining academy ... But the job of the first team manager is to get the first team performing, and we're not. I'd argue we are most underperforming team in the premier league this season by quite some distance, so he has to go.

Do I have confidence that we'd get a great replacement? No. But I fail to see how anyone could do a worse job right now.

4 wins in 19 makes a 21% win rate, this puts his current record below that of these legendary Southampton managers....

Jan Poortvliet

Mark Wotte

Stuart Gray

Ian Branfoot

Only 2 managerial set ups have been worse in club history from a results standpoint.

The pairing of Gorman and Dodd

Steve Wigley

When you put it like that, it is incredibly worrying.

Surely they’re eyeing up replacements already, this can’t carry on!