Important midweek matches starts tonight...

saint lard

Swansea have had the expected upturn in form and fully deserved to beat Arsenal. But saying that we should have smashed Arsenal - they are not good this season, we could beat them at the Emirates, our rivals are improving but so are we this will be tight. I expect us to pick the form up this and next month.

That result vs Arsenal was ****ing pathetic from us, just like failing to beat Swansea, Newcastle, Huddersfield, Palace, Burnley and Watford all at home.
just think. we gave up the 2nd half against arsenal. to defend it.

like today for Swansea. arsenal were there for the taking

Tonight we're 2 points off the bottom, but tomorrow we could be 2 points off the top half of the table. Funny old game.
I don't think it's necessarily about ability, but more about character. We have the ability, but i don't think the manager or players really believe that we can win. We are far far too cautious, we need a resounding win, but when did we last get one of those?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Good for them. Decent management and a well organised team are far, far more important than endless signings and throwing money at problems. I wish fans would learn that lesson.

I completely agree that our problems stem mainly from having a totally 1 star hopeless manager. But feck me you do go on a bit mate.

Swansea have had the expected upturn in form and fully deserved to beat Arsenal. But saying that we should have smashed Arsenal - they are not good this season, we could beat them at the Emirates, our rivals are improving but so are we this will be tight. I expect us to pick the form up this and next month.

Are we improving? So far this month we have been beaten by Palace, thrown away three points against Watford because our manager went defensive at 2-0 up, scraped through two cup ties in poor performances, and drawn at home against Spurs, perhaps the only reason you could say we're improving, but as we've seen this season we've drawn against big boys before and wasted the next game. We've not won a league game since Everton in November, and even they were in dire straits. I genuinely struggle to see much of an improvement under this manager and I fear for relegation.

I really hope we can beat both Brighton and West Brom but even then we're far from safe, and I fear it just prolongs the inevitable. Not that I can see it happening... Unfortunately if we do get round to sacking our manager this season, it will be far too late.

I don't think it's necessarily about ability, but more about character. We have the ability, but i don't think the manager or players really believe that we can win. We are far far too cautious, we need a resounding win, but when did we last get one of those?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Everton...

Agree poor results for us tonight, but as others have said, win tomorrow and it looks much better as it's so tight. My larger concern is that we have some bloody tough games left, and the majority away from home...!

31 Jan 2018 19:45 Brighton and Hove Albion (H)

03 Feb 2018 15:00 West Bromwich Albion (A)

10 Feb 2018 15:00 Liverpool (H)

24 Feb 2018 15:00 Burnley (A)

03 Mar 2018 15:00 Stoke City (H)

10 Mar 2018 15:00 Newcastle United (A)

17 Mar 2018 15:00 Swansea City (A)

31 Mar 2018 15:00 West Ham United (A)

07 Apr 2018 15:00 Arsenal (A)

14 Apr 2018 15:00 Chelsea (H)

21 Apr 2018 15:00 Leicester City (A)

28 Apr 2018 15:00 Bournemouth (H)

05 May 2018 15:00 Everton (A)

13 May 2018 15:00 Manchester City (H)

Not looking good right now...beat Brighton tomorrow, Stoke and Bournemouth, and that gives us 31 points...likely to need another 2 wins from somewhere atleast to stay us....

That result vs Arsenal was ****ing pathetic from us, just like failing to beat Swansea, Newcastle, Huddersfield, Palace, Burnley and Watford all at home.

And failing to beat Stoke, Bournemouth, Watford and Brighton away.....

Everton...

Agree poor results for us tonight, but as others have said, win tomorrow and it looks much better as it's so tight. My larger concern is that we have some bloody tough games left, and the majority away from home...!

31 Jan 201819:45Brighton and Hove Albion (H)

03 Feb 201815:00West Bromwich Albion (A)

10 Feb 201815:00Liverpool (H)

24 Feb 201815:00Burnley (A)

03 Mar 201815:00Stoke City (H)

10 Mar 201815:00Newcastle United (A)

17 Mar 201815:00Swansea City (A)

31 Mar 201815:00West Ham United (A)

07 Apr 201815:00Arsenal (A)

14 Apr 201815:00Chelsea (H)

21 Apr 201815:00Leicester City (A)

28 Apr 201815:00Bournemouth (H)

05 May 201815:00Everton (A)

13 May 201815:00Manchester City(H)

Not looking good right now...beat Brighton tomorrow, Stoke and Bournemouth, and that gives us 31 points...likely to need another 2 wins from somewhere atleast to stay us....

Although with the toxic atmosphere at St Mary's, we may be better away. 4 aways in a row, though, thanks to the W Ham switch. Arsenal looks the easiest!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Everton...

31 Jan 2018 19:45 Brighton and Hove Albion (H)

03 Feb 2018 15:00 West Bromwich Albion (A)

10 Feb 2018 15:00 Liverpool (H)

24 Feb 2018 15:00 Burnley (A)

03 Mar 2018 15:00 Stoke City (H)

10 Mar 2018 15:00 Newcastle United (A)

17 Mar 2018 15:00 Swansea City (A)

31 Mar 2018 15:00 West Ham United (A)

07 Apr 2018 15:00 Arsenal (A)

14 Apr 2018 15:00 Chelsea (H)

21 Apr 2018 15:00 Leicester City (A)

28 Apr 2018 15:00 Bournemouth (H)

05 May 2018 15:00 Everton (A)

13 May 2018 15:00 Manchester City (H)

Our route to survival is home wins against Brighton, Stoke and Bournemouth plus a scraped point against Liverpool or Chelsea, and a couple wins away where TBF every fixture offers some kind of hope - only Arsenal out of the top 6 left to play away. It HAS to start with a win tomorrow.

What toxic atmosphere??

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It was better on Saturday, but until then all I've heard around me is moaning, groaning and criticism. Maybe understandable, but doesn't help the team.

There's no feeling of passion whatsoever.

Our route to survival is home wins against Brighton, Stoke and Bournemouth plus a scraped point against Liverpool or Chelsea, and a couple wins away where TBF every fixture offers some kind of hope - only Arsenal out of the top 6 left to play away. It HAS to start with a win tomorrow.

All this talk of a win here, a couple of wins there.....for ****s sake, we've only won 4 all season!!!!! The only way our form will change is with a new manager

It was better on Saturday, but until then all I've heard around me is moaning, groaning and criticism. Maybe understandable, but doesn't help the team.

There's no feeling of passion whatsoever.

Toxic......a few people moaning? Jeesh...turning Green army on supporters, marches, curtains closed in corporates, most of the ground standing up against Lowe chant..hang him from the itchen bridge is toxic...not a few numpties whingeing.

Toxic......a few people moaning? Jeesh...turning Green army on supporters, marches, curtains closed in corporates, most of the ground standing up against Lowe chant..hang him from the itchen bridge is toxic...not a few numpties whingeing.

Ok, what I mean is there's virtually no positive cheering or singing to encourage the team. I go to plenty of away games and it often feels like a couple of thousand away fans make more noise than the best part of 30k at St Mary's.

Really? I think all but zaha have been pretty poor. Sako better value for money but the others have been pretty useless.

JWP is the exact opposite of Townsend. No pace, no dribbling, can actually cross. Odd to compare them to Long and Redmond though rather than Tadic, Boufal, Gabbiadini, Austin and Carrillo isn't it.

Also strange you'd judge it all on short term form. Not when they had De Boer. Were they good then too? If so, is there not a chance...a small chance, that our players who've all performed well in this league before, might actually be good under a decent manager???

People seem so eager to make excuses for Pellegrino in the face of all evidence. Bizarre.

I'm not making excuses for Pellegrino - he should have been binned 6 weeks ago. Boufal, Austin, Gabbiadini and possibly Tadic all good enough in attack, when played in their right positions and managed better. I'm saying Long and Redmond aren't good enough compared to the CP players I've mentioned and JWP played in that wide right position doesn't have enough pace, width and run to compensate for the few good crosses that come in. Carillo is too soon to call.

Ok, what I mean is there's virtually no positive cheering or singing to encourage the team. I go to plenty of away games and it often feels like a couple of thousand away fans make more noise than the best part of 30k at St Mary's.

Its not been as good as past season's agreed but a lot are the same . Watford bought 4500 and sounded like 50. Fulham..

We haven't had much to cheer have we since the cup final its a two way street.

When we go a goal up everyone gets nervous as the clown orders the retreat with crazy subs is it any wonder fans moan after 4 wins.