Danny Ings

JxgrSaint

Doesn't sound like a try before you buy, this is all but a permanent deal by the sounds of it. I've seen it mooted that it's a £20m deal, £4-5m paid now in a loan fee - so £15m left to pay next summer. Says he's already agreed a contract to 2022 which will become active next summer.

Seems a lot of money.

What is it with Les and Liverpool? They wanted £20m and no one else wanted to pay it. Does he have some interests there with the amount of business between the two clubs?

£40m on a knackered Ings and appalling Carrillo - this club is in huge trouble

Because we don't have the ability to pay that outlay at the moment? So we pay a smaller amount now, for a loan fee, and pay the rest next year.
HUGE risk. HUGE.

but the club simply couldn't afford a £18m player this season unless it sold someone currently on the squad. Hughes pretty much said this last week. We have deferred the big payment for Ings until next year apparently.

Kloop seem to rate him

“It is a very strange feeling saying goodbye to Danny. The biggest emotion is how much we will miss him," he told the club's official website.

“He is such an outstanding boy. Honestly, if you could bottle character and spirit, his would sell worldwide - he is so incredibly positive and full of energy. But we won’t just miss his character because he is a footballer who has all the tools.

"We say farewell to a friend, but for Danny I know the best chapters in his personal story are still to be written. He is as fit now as at any point of his career I would bet and he just requires the opportunity. He has that opportunity and on behalf of his Liverpool family we say good luck Danny and we will miss you.”

Why are people ignoring the season he had in the PL with Burnley....? (he scored 15 in all comps that year iirc). 11 in the PL. I'd bite anyones hand off for someone who can get into double figures for us...

I will be honest. I totally forgot about it!

So going to check on his stats you are right he had a decent season. 11 goals in the PL is very good going. Especially in a team like Burnley.

The problem is that was over three years ago. He has played a grand total of 14 PL games since then. Like I said I don't mean to be harsh on the guy as it isn't his fault. But seriously does it not **** you off that after being told how great our scouting is, how we watch so many players, that the best we could do was spend £20m on a guy who has scored 14 PL goals in his entire career? Who has been injured for the best part of the last three years? Come on. It is a stupid transfer and shows how far away we are from what the club used to be.

I hope he will prove me wrong, he has the ability to do it. The issue is he doesn't have the physical strength to do it. If it was me in charge I would have put that money into an attacking central midfielder and given one of our kids a chance. Not gamble it on someone who was good 4 years ago but since then has done nothing.

Interesting thread with the benefit of hindsight. I think he was a decent player and I hope he does really well here, lovely comments on him from Klopp.

Would take on loan all day but ultimately this is a perm deal and at 18-20 million, is another HUGE gamble given injuries and lack of football. Boarderline mental actually.

Let's hope and prey this one pays off otherwise we are ****ed.

Kloop seem to rate him

“It is a very strange feeling saying goodbye to Danny. The biggest emotion is how much we will miss him," he told the club's official website.

“He is such an outstanding boy. Honestly, if you could bottle character and spirit, his would sell worldwide - he is so incredibly positive and full of energy. But we won’t just miss his character because he is a footballer who has all the tools.

"We say farewell to a friend, but for Danny I know the best chapters in his personal story are still to be written. He is as fit now as at any point of his career I would bet and he just requires the opportunity. He has that opportunity and on behalf of his Liverpool family we say good luck Danny and we will miss you.”

Did anybody else read that with a German accent?

Why have we signed him. Such a desperate signing. The bloke is made of glass...

Long-term abdominal injury at AFCB.

6 month knee injury 1st season at Burnley. 6 month knee injury 2nd season at Burnley. Season long knee injury first season at Liverpool.

9 month knee injury 2nd season at Liverpool.

£20m! Why?!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6 month knee injury 1st season at Burnley. 6 month knee injury 2nd season at Burnley. Season long knee injury first season at Liverpool.

£20m! Why?!

That sums it up for me. Ridiculously risky buy.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Doesn't sound like a try before you buy, this is all but a permanent deal by the sounds of it. I've seen it mooted that it's a £20m deal, £4-5m paid now in a loan fee - so £15m left to pay next summer. Says he's already agreed a contract to 2022 which will become active next summer.

Seems a lot of money.

If the figures above are correct how is this any different whatsoever to agreeing a permanent deal for £20m with an initial payment of £4-5m?

£20m! Why?!

Wasn’t aware of his pre-Liverpool injuries. Where have you got that info from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong. I'd love him to be a great success and will be the first to celebrate if he is.

But I fear he's far more likely to become the next blocking wage burden for the club.

What happens if he spends his normal percentage of the season injured? Do we still have to buy him? Seems ridiculous.

Are we actually spending a club record £20m next summer on a guy with breadstick knees, who will only have one year left on his contract? When we could only sell Clyne to Liverpool for £10m because he only had one year left on his contract? When we could only sell Wanyama for £10m because he only had one year left on his contract? Are we honestly spending full whack on a player who has scored 3 goals in 3 years, going into the final year of his contract?

Wow. Just when you think Saints couldn't possibly do worse business, they keep on surprising you.

I mean, it's not like I'm paying for it, so I suppose I shouldn't care. But the knock on effect of splurging a huge chunk of next summer's transfer budget on Danny fricking Ings is likely to hamper attempts to strengthen an already weak squad.

Wonder if that means our first signing in the Championship could technically be a £20m striker. A sign of intent, I guess...

Good luck to Ings. Hope it all works out. I think it's a terrible panic move - Liverpool fans say his pace has been badly affected by his knee injuries, and that was pretty much his main asset.

But, hey, it might be a ranging success. Anything's possible, I suppose.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Sceptical about the cost next season but trying to be positive and look beyond that for now. However, you do wonder the quality of striker we could have got if you combined his and Carrillo’s fees together...

That hits the nail on the head - I hope he does well but look at that injury record. Liverpool could afford the risk, we couldn’t and that’s on top of the Carrillo and Forster disasters. What’s the total value down the toilet?

Are we actually spending a club record £20m next summer on a guy with breadstick knees, who will only have one year left on his contract? When we could only sell Clyne to Liverpool for £10m because he only had one year left on his contract? When we could only sell Wanyama for £10m because he only had one year left on his contract? Are we honestly spending full whack on a player who has scored 3 goals in 3 years, going into the final year of his contract?

Wow. Just when you think Saints couldn't possibly do worse business, they keep on surprising you.

I mean, it's not like I'm paying for it, so I suppose I shouldn't care. But the knock on effect of splurging a huge chunk of next summer's transfer budget on Danny fricking Ings is likely to hamper attempts to strengthen an already weak squad.

Wonder if that means our first signing in the Championship could technically be a £20m striker. A sign of intent, I guess...

Good luck to Ings. Hope it all works out. I think it's a terrible panic move - Liverpool fans say his pace has been badly affected by his knee injuries, and that was pretty much his main asset.

But, hey, it might be a ranging success. Anything's possible, I suppose.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Thank you for saving me typing all that.

Exactly true.

Pathetic if true.

In his day he was decent but in the last three years he has been crippled and dome **** all.

Feel really sorry for our youngsters ie Gallagher that we would rather take on someone who has hardly played and is likely to be injured as soon as he tries and puts his socks then give them a chance.

Pathway for the academy, what a load of ********.

Gallagher spent season on loan at Birmingham in the Championship. Nothing has shown he has a chance of making it in the prem. I’d love to see an academy prospect come through but I don’t think Gallagher is it nor is anyone knocking on the door from the academy