Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

12 minutes ago, jemanson said:

There's not much he can do when so many of the team play so badly. Some of the passing and control - or lack of it - has been shocking.

He looks a broken man. I don't think there's any way back for him with us, despite being a decent manager.

• Like 1

Can’t defend him any more, times up.

What was the point of all those changes at City to perform like that today?

Once again undone by a simple opposition change at HT.

Blame the players all you want but this guy is coaching them. 

I’m done, give someone else the summer to work the team and bring their own players in.

• Like 2

I'd love to know who people feel can replace him? For me, there are two issues before the manager - but the manager will often become the fall guy. Those problems will continue no matter who is in charge.

1 - Ownership. The guy is a joke.

2 - Players - they are a bunch of losers.

The manager is his own worst enemy as he raised expectations by overachieving with this group, but football is all about quick fixes sadly and the manager is the qickest fix so that's clearly what will happen sooner rather than later. Not that it should.

11 minutes ago, SKD said:

Rubbish. Try changing the system? Just trying the same thing over and over again is stupid

He did change the system today, it did not work but he did change it.

When Redmond and Djenepo came on Saints were playing a 433 system. Adams upfront on his own, with Redmond and Djenepo wide. Ward-Prowse sitting deep with Armstrong and Diallo central.

Edited by Matthew Le God

3 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

He did change the system today, it did not work but he did change it.

When Redmond and Djenepo came on Saints were playing a 433 system. Adams upfront on his own, with Redmond and Djenepo wide. Ward-Prowse sitting deep with Armstrong and Diallo central.

Fair enough. Too late by that point though. 

🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
Bunch of fucking muppets

9 minutes ago, bangkoksaint said:

Chris Wilder anyone? I think RH has run his race

Reasonable shot. Although another stubborn manager with an awful record in the transfer market, which we can’t afford. 

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

Sadly I think short-terimism will win and he will leave. Whilst the toxic ingrained deeper problems within the club are swept under the carpet once more. 

Laughable. 

did short-termism win when Hughes was sacked, because this bloke is doing no better. You’re just making excuses for him. 

Ralph should’ve gone an age ago. 
thomas Frank would be a reasonable shout...but unfortunately he’s employed and we are skint. 

howe or Lampard it is then...which again I doubt would happen. 
sometimes it’s better the devil you know. 
New owners is my priority. 

• Haha 1

Just now, S-Clarke said:

I can't be arsed to argue anymore, tired of it all. I just know there are much deeper problems at this club than the manager. 

I agree mate you are correct 

Sadly most on here cannot see further than "sack the manager"

It's not always the answer as WBA are finding out

Great manager, poor squad depth, mentally weak players. We won't go down so just see out the rest of the season, slump to 15th, have a pop at the cup, and invest some money in the summer. The money spent sacking Ralph (who is still way way better than we deserve) could be better spent buying a quality attacking mid who could actually create chances. Anyone calling for him to go needs to seriously re-evaluate the quality of our squad depth beyond our starting 11. Any other manager in the bottom half of the table and we'd be in 17th-18th right now.

7 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Sadly I think short-terimism will win and he will leave. Whilst the toxic ingrained deeper problems within the club are swept under the carpet once more. 

Still i think this is going beyond the squad now. Our tactics are shite.. every game get behind then spend whole time chasing a game passing sideways and backwards.. no urgency create nothing.. if Ralph isn’t telling them do this who is?

You can tell we are done with 30 mins left today and it’s more down to this useless approach then how bad are players are individually ..

• Like 1

I admire some of yours perseverance in defening Ralph and I've been the same but I think I'm now seriously considering the Ralp out camp.

We can talk all we want about the players not being good enough and not mentally strong and thats correct. The worrying thing for me however is the amount of games the opposition manager changes it and Ralph can't react tactically. He is too stubborn.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

I want it to work out with Hasenhuttl, but it is becoming harder to defend him with each performance at the moment. If the worst happened, I wouldn't mind Saints making a move for Howe. It would split the fanbase, but I think it would be a good match.

Get him in now

first game will be...... 😏

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

I agree mate you are correct 

Sadly most on here cannot see further than "sack the manager"

It's not always the answer as WBA are finding out

The players are a big Issue. The sooner Bertrand goes the better. The bloke is a cancer of lack of effort and shit mentality, for example. 

However, the manager isn’t faultless. Consistently trying the same thing, with the same results, time and time again. 

2 9-0 defeats and 12 games without a win, you have to ask questions of the manager. He wouldn’t survive at any other club. 

• Like 4

Just now, maysie said:

The worrying thing for me however is the amount of games the opposition manager changes it and Ralph can't react tactically. He is too stubborn.

He frequently changes it towards the end of games when losing, those changes just aren't working. Today for example we switched from 4222 to 433 for most of the final third of the game.

8 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Still i think this is going beyond the squad now. Our tactics are shite.. every game get behind then spend whole time chasing a game passing sideways and backwards.. no urgency create nothing.. if Ralph isn’t telling them do this who is?

You can tell we are done with 30 mins left today and it’s more down to this useless approach then how bad are players are individually ..

I think a lot is put on tactics generally, tactics provide a foundation but alone they are not the only reason you win or lose football matches. The players should be professional enough to adept to different tactics during a game, of which I'm sure they're told about. We changed formation twice today for example.

The problem is we have a poor mix, some good individual quality but not a good mix of people. There are no leaders, no one with any real character. So once the going gets tough, there's no one in the group to give them a shake and tell them to sort it out. They are all mentally shot.

The manager must be pulling his hair out as I'm sure he's not purposely telling them to go out and not have shots on goal, or to miss headers and not defend in front of the box.  They are just on the floor confidence wise and have no one to call them out. Would be nice to have someone like Fonte out there, he wouldn't take this shit.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Play poorly under Hughes- Hughes shit.

Play poorly under Ralph- Problems with the club. 

There’s nobody who can honestly say Claude Puel wouldn’t organise this  defence better, no argument at all. It’s a fucking shambles, and that’s at the mangers door. 

The key difference you continue to ignore is for over a year Saints were superb under Hasenhuttl. At no point under Puel, Pellegrino or Hughes did they have Saints playing that well for a sustained period of time.

• Like 4

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

He frequently changes it towards the end of games when losing, those changes just aren't working. Today for example we switched from 4222 to 433 for most of the final third of the game.

That's not my point. He doesn't react quickly enough and makes the change after the other team takes control

1 minute ago, SKD said:

The players are a big Issue. The sooner Bertrand goes the better. The bloke is a cancer of lack of effort and shit mentality, for example. 

However, the manager isn’t faultless. Consistently trying the same thing, with the same results, time and time again. 

2 9-0 defeats and 12 games without a win, you have to ask questions of the manager. He wouldn’t survive at any other club. 

Agree it's a collective issue but I cannot see manager we could actually get who could get more that he has proven he can get,admittedly it's not working at moment but is that down to player application or instructions given, a bit of both I suspect. 

I wish there was an easy answer for us, the manager and the players 

The next 4 games decides it really, we were fantastic for lots of last year. So he earnt some leeway. It's turning into a disaster this year, but we have had lots of injuries and so many games.

Why we can't seem to perform at all when we have 3 games in a week is terrible, tactics or preparation or something is wrong there.

We now have now nearly week before the cup game, and a nice run of only 3 games in April against teams we are capable of beating, so if we can't perform in those he will have to go.

11 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

And to make it worse it’s been the same thing, every single effing game slow tedious backpassing.. after having a abysmal run and this never ever working in about 20 games already! Here we are doing the same thing!every performance is like a carbon  copy of the shit that didn’t work the week before...

would it hurt try something new. But you just know with Ralph next week will be exactly the same 

5 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

Agree it's a collective issue but I cannot see manager we could actually get who could get more that he has proven he can get,admittedly it's not working at moment but is that down to player application or instructions given, a bit of both I suspect. 

I wish there was an easy answer for us, the manager and the players 

I do have the same concern, although, I don’t think anyone could do any worse than no win in 12....

Given the choice, I’d bin all of the players and start again (baring a coupe), however we do not have the funds to do that. 

17 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I can't be arsed to argue anymore, tired of it all. I just know there are much deeper problems at this club than the manager. 

I know where you are coming from but the most influential man at the club (football wise) is the manager. Responsible for player recruitment (he has a veto); tactics, player selection and motivation. With success comes praise which he got in bucket loads earlier in the season but this recent run with 4 points out of 36 tells its own tale and as you know time is one commodity few flailing PL managers get. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl