Coronavirus Discussion Thread

manina-pub

14 days is from the point of contact with an infected person not from when it is identified that person is infected. So if they meet him on the Thu of the game the time period adds up

Olympiakos players had much more contact with him, they play tomorrow, Forest just had everyone tested and got all clear, Arsenal haven’t had any tests but call game off, ok then.

Olympiakos players had much more contact with him, they play tomorrow, Forest just had everyone tested and got all clear, Arsenal haven’t had any tests but call game off, ok then.

Doctors much better informed of the circumstances than you or I will have had their say in this. There must be some reason in the finer details and tomorrow's game could yet be cancelled.

Stan Collymore on Twitter

"BREAKING.

Suggestion that Govt/ Prem League/EFL tomorrow may announce that the season won't be postponed but will play all remaining games BCD.

Season ticket holders can stream games.

No games in pubs.

No 3pm live games for rest of season."

They're saying broadcasters will be allowed to move games to put multiple matches in the Saturday 1230 /1730 slots, the Super Sunday slots and the Friday/Monday night slots.

But they're not letting games at 3pm be shown live because that requires a law change and this is a temporary measure. When things go back to normal, they don't want the 3pm law having been removed.

The full info from that Times exclusive...

- The Premier League is going behind closed doors as early as this weekend

- Ticket holders will be provided with streams of the games

- 3pm kick-offs will not be shown live to anyone other than people who had bought tickets but cannot attend

- The above is due to the current law, which they don't want to change as this is a temporary measure and the 3pm blackout is to remain in place for when normality resumes

- Pubs will not be allowed to show the football matches, to avoid crowds gathering in pubs

- TV companies will be allowed to show extra games in their usual broadcast slots

- Therefore, Sky and BT will be allowed to show multiple matches - giving views a match choice - in their 1230 / 1730 slots and their Super Sunday and Monday/Friday night slots

The full info from that Times exclusive...

- The Premier League is going behind closed doors as early as this weekend

- Ticket holders will be provided with streams of the games

- 3pm kick-offs will not be shown live to anyone other than people who had bought tickets but cannot attend

- The above is due to the current law, which they don't want to change as this is a temporary measure and the 3pm blackout is to remain in place for when normality resumes

- Pubs will not be allowed to show the football matches, to avoid crowds gathering in pubs

- TV companies will be allowed to show extra games in their usual broadcast slots

- Therefore, Sky and BT will be allowed to show multiple matches - giving views a match choice - in their 1230 / 1730 slots and their Super Sunday and Monday/Friday night slots

Presumably the 3pm blackout only applies to Britain. I pay for a DAZN subscription so should still see 3pm games.

Whose filming it all if the stadium is empty?

Plus can you imagine Saints passionate support letting a virus get between us and the team we adore?

We've already seen thousands turn up outside 'empty' stadiums for Valencia and PSG and we'd have the same at St Mary's if they tried to play BCD.

Just null n void the whole season - it's been **** anyway

I want more than a stream on tv for my season ticket money I can get them for free now anyway !

How about the potential wellbeing of an elderly / sick relative?

Anyhow, you’re not really getting value for money with your current season ticket anyway... are you.

Plus can you imagine Saints passionate support letting a virus get between us and the team we adore?

We've already seen thousands turn up outside 'empty' stadiums for Valencia and PSG and we'd have the same at St Mary's if they tried to play BCD.

Will you turn up?

How about the potential wellbeing of an elderly / sick relative?

Anyhow, you’re not really getting value for money with your current season ticket anyway... are you.

Between work and the **** football on show I haven't had value for money for years. Doesn't mean I should be expected to forfeit a product I've paid for without being able to use it ! As for elderly or sick relatives 17000 people in the uk die of flu every year when it's your time it's your time .

Between work and the **** football on show I haven't had value for money for years. Doesn't mean I should be expected to forfeit a product I've paid for without being able to use it ! As for elderly or sick relatives 17000 people in the uk die of flu every year when it's your time it's your time .

So we shouldn't bother using methods that will save some from dying!? :mcinnes: :rolleyes:

I hope someone you love like your parents don't get caught up in this.

So we shouldn't bother using methods that will save some from dying!? :mcinnes: :rolleyes:

I haven't said it shouldn't be done just that I hope the thousands of people who have paid their hard earnt cash aren't expected to be out of pocket while the club's who are making millions from us aren't. Also did you not see the thousands who turned up out side the grounds last night , hardly stopping mass events there are they ? It's funny how someone who calls themself Hypocondriac is worrying about people catching an illness haha there's more chance picking it up from work and transferring it to your family than there is an open air even shall we all stop working too ? I'm up for that .

I haven't said it shouldn't be done just that I hope the thousands of people who have paid their hard earnt cash aren't expected to be out of pocket while the club's who are making millions from us aren't. Also did you not see the thousands who turned up out side the grounds last night , hardly stopping mass events there are they ? It's funny how someone who calls themself Hypocondriac is worrying about people catching an illness haha there's more chance picking it up from work and transferring it to your family than there is an open air even shall we all stop working too ? I'm up for that .

My response was to your seemingly callous attitude of "if it's your time it's just your time." I made no comment about the football.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

I highlighted in bold which part of your post I was talking about...

As for elderly or sick relatives 17000 people in the uk die of flu every year when it's your time it's your time .

That is a defeatist attitude of not bothering to do anything.

I still think ST holders should get a refund if the games are behind closed doors. While I understand the need for these measures. In no way is a live stream anywhere near compensation for missing live games.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Its no different to airlines cancelling flights to certain destinations.

If it’s a government / PL decision then there is **** all individual clubs can do. As a ST holder I’ll be losing out on a service which I’ve paid for, but the reality is, it’s the bottom of my priority and if playing behind closed doors keeps 1,000’s safe, then I’m all for it and couldn’t care less if I don’t get refunded on 4 games I’ve already prepaid for.. especially given the last 3 seasons I’ve hardly received value for money anyway.

Its no different to airlines cancelling flights to certain destinations.

If it’s a government / PL decision then there is **** all individual clubs can do. As a ST holder I’ll be losing out on a service which I’ve paid for, but the reality is, it’s the bottom of my priority and if playing behind closed doors keeps 1,000’s safe, then I’m all for it and couldn’t care less if I don’t get refunded on 4 games I’ve already prepaid for.. especially given the last 3 seasons I’ve hardly received value for money anyway.

Why should the fans lose out when many stretch themselves to be able to attend games yet the fat Cat clubs don't? You seem a very strange human being.......

The UK government is playing catch-up as usual. Some experts think we are already a week or two too late to gain the benefits of social distancing in slowing the spread of the virus. (doubling rate of 4 days = out of control). Probably bordering on criminal if matches are played in full stadia this weekend.

The UK government is playing catch-up as usual. Some experts think we are already a week or two too late to gain the benefits of social distancing in slowing the spread of the virus. (doubling rate of 4 days = out of control). Probably bordering on criminal if matches are played in full stadia this weekend.

We're way behind, and this nonsense that we should only be tested if we have been in contact with someone who is confirmed as having it is crazy. If we have symptoms we should be tested but until that becomes widespread drastic measures are needed to arrest the spread.

I'm pretty sure the clubs will lose out as well if all games are held behind closed doors.

I'm not sure what your point. Saints are one of the few clubs who would still make a profit even if stadiums were empty. If they don't make a gesture to refund or discount next season ST I will be very disappointed. My point again - why should fans lose out who have been good enough to last with their money up front?

I don't think fans will get cash money back if it's just the one game. They'll probably get a voucher to use on an away game in the next 2-3 years of their choosing.

On another note; Just me that's actually enjoyed this season then?

I don't think fans will get cash money back if it's just the one game. They'll probably get a voucher to use on an away game in the next 2-3 years of their choosing.

I enjoy every season. Otherwise what's the point? Football isn't just about winning.

Tricky as I think playing behind closed doors is sensible and probably necessary, but I agree that I’d be hacked off if the rest of the season was played behind closed doors and all we get is a stream / no refund given the extreme cost of season tickets these days.

Not that going to watch Saints at home is a particularly enjoyable experience anyway.

I’ve enjoyed the games I’ve been to but somehow we’ve managed to win all of them (at it looks like the seasons going to end that way).

On the flip side I was off work when we played Leicester, Burnley, Newcastle and Chelsea but chose not to go because it’s such an irritating waste of money.

We're way behind, and this nonsense that we should only be tested if we have been in contact with someone who is confirmed as having it is crazy. If we have symptoms we should be tested but until that becomes widespread drastic measures are needed to arrest the spread.

We are not way behind anything.

The camera crews will still be there, genius.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Italy are literally going to let their over 70’s die. Meanwhile Boris is still sitting here doing absolutely nothing, who’d have thought.

Just cancel the season, some things are more important.

Italy are literally going to let their over 70’s die. Meanwhile Boris is still sitting here doing absolutely nothing, who’d have thought.

Just cancel the season, some things are more important.

Without wanting to turn this thread into a political mud wrestle, you can be fairly confident a conservative PM isn’t going to sit there and let over 70s die if he can help it.

Without wanting to turn this thread into a political mud wrestle, you can be fairly confident a conservative PM isn’t going to sit there and let over 70s die if he can help it.

Quite, which is why I’m baffled to his reaction so far. It’s better to overreact then under react where public health is concerned.