Coronavirus Discussion Thread

manina-pub

Masks are really only effective for those already sick who want to protect others.

Completely incorrect. The masks can help protect you, especially as people still feel the need to sneeze into mid air or onto their hands and then touch stuff.

The best masks to use though are the ones that create a seal arouns the face. Not the surgical ones with gaps around the sides. They do help a little though.

Any chance we’ll get face masks in Saints colours ??

Would be a great marketing first and bring much needed business to a Chinese factory !!

:):):)

It would be a nice touch from the club if they left one on every seat today , would look great on MOTD in crowd shots as well.

It would be a nice touch from the club if they left one on every seat today , would look great on MOTD in crowd shots as well.

Blimey it would be worse than the icy cold match nights when the crowd have gloves on and the clapping is suppressed, face masks muffling OWTS it would be like watching footie in a padded cell.

I was coaching my daughter's team today and the ref wouldn't shake hands after the game. Been told not to apparently!

Catch up old lad, the no handshake craze has been around for the last couple of weeks. The only person who offered to shake my hand this week was a Hospital Consultant, naturally I refused.

Assuming the Coronavirus hits China's economy more than others...& assuming Goa has a lot of investments in China (I stress that I'm assuming here, I have absolutely no idea)... & assuming we're all still alive at the start of next season..could this have double the financial impact on Saints?

Skates are gloating that they've sold over 50k for the boycott cup final at Wembley, "a new record" they say, let's hope that one has to be behind closed doors by early April.

Even better when the club cant refund them all as they.ve already spent the money on promotion push/ground development/new crease-resistant tablecloth for the boardroom etc

Nottingham Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis has announced he has coronavirus. Marinakis attended the Emirates on 27 February as Olympiacos defeated Arsenal after extra-time. The shipping magnate was also present at Forest’s 3-0 home defeat to Millwall last Friday.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premier-league/nottingham-forest-and-olympiacos-owner-evangelos-marinakis-says-he-has-coronavirus/ar-BB10ZelA?ocid=spartandhp

So Citeh v Arsenal cancelled. It starts.

Just because people at Arsenal came into contact with the Forest / Olympiakos owner who has since tested positive, going to be quite a few fixtures to squeeze in for this season to finish on time if games are going to be called off due to links like that. Especially the European clubs travelling and coming into contact with airports and hotels. Arsenal need to reschedule their games against Man city, Saints, and probably Leicester as one of them will make FA cup semi-final,

Presumably the Olympiakos owner also came into contact with his own players who are going to come into contact with Wolves players on Thursday. Game goes ahead

Exactly, don’t want to sound paranoid but something about this doesn’t sound right, for whatever reason they wanted to call this game off and this was convenient.

Will be interesting to see if Arsenals game at the weekend goes ahead.

Presumably the Olympiakos owner also came into contact with his own players who are going to come into contact with Wolves players on Thursday. Game goes ahead

UEFA will have a cunning plan - no handshakes!

Next season new rules will include players to remain at least 1.5m from each other and no running.

Exactly, don’t want to sound paranoid but something about this doesn’t sound right, for whatever reason they wanted to call this game off and this was convenient.

Will be interesting to see if Arsenals game at the weekend goes ahead.

The players are in 14 day quarantine so how will they be able to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UEFA will have a cunning plan - no handshakes!

Next season new rules will include players to remain at least 1.5m from each other and no running.

I don't think the players seem to take the no handshake rule very seriously. Before the game they seem to but after the final whistle on Saturday they were shaking hands, hugging each other, swapping shirts like no tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah I’m not buying that, for whatever reason it’s convenient for Man City / Arsenal / Sky for tonight’s game to be delayed, I’ve now seen pics of the Olympiakos owner celebrating with their players after the game in the changing room, posing for pics, hugging, they carry on as normal and play Wolves tomorrow, Arsenal need to “self isolate “ despite having played Skates and West Ham since. Not having that.

Apparently the 14 day quarantine ends this Friday. I'm not clear how, but assume some players (and staff) have been in quarantine already for 12 days, and did not participate in the West Ham match. Were there some players missing? Doesn't all quite add up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51829511

"The 14-day period ends on Friday and Arsenal said they were "looking forward" to the players returning to work before their Premier League game at Brighton on Saturday, 14 March."

Apparently the 14 day quarantine ends this Friday. I'm not clear how, but assume some players (and staff) have been in quarantine already for 12 days, and did not participate in the West Ham match. Were there some players missing? Doesn't all quite add up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51829511

"The 14-day period ends on Friday and Arsenal said they were "looking forward" to the players returning to work before their Premier League game at Brighton on Saturday, 14 March."

But the Olympiakos owner didn’t know he had it 14 days ago so they can’t have started isolating them, it’s a sham.

I don't think the players seem to take the no handshake rule very seriously. Before the game they seem to but after the final whistle on Saturday they were shaking hands, hugging each other, swapping shirts like no tomorrow.

That's because the 110 minute quarantine was over.