Coronavirus Discussion Thread

manina-pub

Interesting potential solution. Could see this happening over here actually.......

Leipzig, Dortmund and Monchengladbach will all be fuming if Bayern are awarded the title considering all 3 of them have been top at various stages and Bayern only recently reclaimed 1st place. That title race is far from over.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Leipzig, Dortmund and Monchengladbach will all be fuming if Bayern are awarded the title considering all 3 of them have been top at various stages and Bayern only recently reclaimed 1st place. That title race is far from over.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Well it does say no trophy awarded, so they would probably have nothing to complain about.

Euro 2020 is almost certainly off, maybe to be played in 2021.

One possibility is to postpone all leagues until the middle of the summer, and see if it can be finished then. With a delayed start of the next season if the current one can be finished in the summer. If so, eliminate the League cup to reduce matches next season, and no FA cup replays.

Euro 2020 is almost certainly off, maybe to be played in 2021.

One possibility is to postpone all leagues until the middle of the summer, and see if it can be finished then. With a delayed start of the next season if the current one can be finished in the summer. If so, eliminate the League cup to reduce matches next season, and no FA cup replays.

Things start to get messy if you delay though as players contracts end etc.

As much as it’ll **** off a handful of clubs, no promotion, no relegation, no title (in all leagues) is the only way to go.

I think it will be a gradual process.

Firstly the Leagues will all be suspended temporarily, then Euro 2020 will be pushed back to 2021 to open space up in the Summer for the season to finish.

Obviously if time to play starts running out then maybe you get into cancellation territory, or next season is altered in some way to allow this one to finish. Just total unchartered territory really.

If the season is awarded to Liverpool, no doubt their fans will have an open top parade and the scousers will act defiantly by going out in their thousands to celebrate.

Then when they end up transmitting the virus to their families will blame the government for not cancelling the league.

If the season is awarded to Liverpool, no doubt their fans will have an open top parade and the scousers will act defiantly by going out in their thousands to celebrate.

Then when they end up transmitting the virus to their families will blame the government for not cancelling the league.

and the press will lap it up. Those amazing fans risked DEATH to show their loyalty to this special club,

Portsmouth team in isolation after playing Arsenal, now Arteta has tested positive.

No way the league finishes, if there's any games this weekend it will be a farce. Not such a big deal for Premier League teams but you have to feel sorry for L1 and L2 clubs (except the blue few, of course) who rely on ticket sales every week to keep going.

Dan Roan

@danroan

BREAKING: Premier League and EFL look set to announce both will be suspended until at least Apr 4th, when situation will be reviewed. Hearing EFL board agreed on this unanimously. Premier League meeting happening in 10 mins when clubs will be urged to follow suit

Dan Roan

@danroan

BREAKING: Premier League and EFL look set to announce both will be suspended until at least Apr 4th, when situation will be reviewed. Hearing EFL board agreed on this unanimously. Premier League meeting happening in 10 mins when clubs will be urged to follow suit

Given that they expect it to peak in May, the won’t be playing in April either.

Don't see anyway the season continues now, there's no way the players agents will let them play in my opinion.
Where the hell are the PFA in all this? Counting their piles of cash rather than looking out for the wellbeing of their members?

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

There's no fair way to end the season. But people need to accept it's ultimately not that important. The Premier league need to help clubs who suffer financially because of it though.

Just focus on next season. Otherwise this one is delayed, half empty stadia or BCD, matches all over the place, people unable to go at short notice anyway, fixture pile up. And it'd run into next season.

Players need a summer break, so you end up writing off next season. What's better? Finishing a massively disrupted season without the fans and with health risks then messing up the following season, or writing off the disrupted season and coming back from a fully fit normal season in August/September?

Kind of disgusting if it's going to carry on just for money with no care for the extra people who'll die.

Why disrupt 2 seasons, when you can only disrupt 1. It’s not fair on those challenging for promotion / titles, but it’s also not fair people are going to die.

Dan Roan

@danroan

Would be a sensible move. I can't personally see the season finishing now, I guess they have to keep the possibility of it continuing as it would be in everyone's interests to get back playing as soon as possible. Realistically though that seems a very long shot right now.

Would be a sensible move. I can't personally see the season finishing now, I guess they have to keep the possibility of it continuing as it would be in everyone's interests to get back playing as soon as possible. Realistically though that seems a very long shot right now.

If the Euros are postponed until next year (as looks increasingly likely) league fixtures could be realistically rearranged up to mid July to complete the season

Can't see it resuming either, we could be at peak virus time then.

They should also note that most football fans are complete idiots and will turn up to games even if they are showing symptoms and will infect others, if you just resume the games then you'll create a new peak of cases and therefore cause more deaths.

No way in 4 weeks this is going to be cleared up.

Have to just cancel this season, and hopefully next season won't be impacted.

Surely it can't be that hard to arrange the games to be played behind closed doors?

Not perfect but won't effect public safety and at least gets the fixtures fulfilled.

What about player safety? There's already a confirmed case at Chelsea and self-isolating players at Arsenal, Leicester and Everton. Unless you keep the players in an underground bunker between games how do you stop them catching it?

What about player safety? There's already a confirmed case at Chelsea and self-isolating players at Arsenal, Leicester and Everton. Unless you keep the players in an underground bunker between games how do you stop them catching it?

No different to any of us who go to work as normal.

Wash your hands etc, if you show symptoms take a couple of weeks off and self isolate.

Can't see it resuming either, we could be at peak virus time then.

They should also note that most football fans are complete idiots and will turn up to games even if they are showing symptoms and will infect others, if you just resume the games then you'll create a new peak of cases and therefore cause more deaths.

No way in 4 weeks this is going to be cleared up.

Have to just cancel this season, and hopefully next season won't be impacted.

My thoughts too. We are just at the top of the iceberg at the moment and it be worse then. I can’t see the season resuming.

Are you for real?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely. Everyone else is going work as usual, if a 65 teacher is OK to look after a classroom of kids then I'm sure 22 healthy young men can kick a ball around in a field for 90 mins.

Don't be such a pussy.