20/21 Kit

Hatch

27 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Gecko Saint has been experimenting again...

20210206_121916.jpg

Nice. I like them. Only problem is that the sleeves are too long. I think next season's kits should be in this style:

spacer.png

Might help with offside decisions going our way.... ;) 

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

This was on the 4th page of threads which means I'm guessing the answer to this is probably a no.... 😄

But... has anyone heard any more news on the kits for next season or when they might be announced? Hold an glimmer of an outside hope that we might give the new kit an outing in the final game of the season.

14 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

This was on the 4th page of threads which means I'm guessing the answer to this is probably a no.... 😄

But... has anyone heard any more news on the kits for next season or when they might be announced? Hold an glimmer of an outside hope that we might give the new kit an outing in the final game of the season.

Contract with Hummel doesn't start until 1st July. So very unlikely.

Well, i noted that the store webpage has been offline for "maintenance" for a couple of days now, and was cheekily wondering if there might be an announcement coming soon etc. 

Edited by Saint86

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Hummel launch soon but Under Armor are still under contract so will expect the exposure until the end. But the way UA have fooked the club around over the deal I'm sure they'd happily kick them out the door sooner.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, scousesaint84 said:

Really hope that's not it - could just as easily be Sunderland, Stoke, Sheffield United or Brentford. We've had some iconic Hummel's kits, let's not regress to stripes, not least because it's hard to build a brand, particularly globally, when your kit looks the same as half the teams in the English leagues.

I make no secret of being a sash or single big stripe advocate!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, doggface said:

100% photoshop, though my guess is the home shirt will not be miles off this if indeed a modern version of the 89-91 home kit

Was hoping for an 87-89 take, particularly as those halved kits go back to our professional foundation in 1894 as Southampton St. Mary's in the Southern League

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Christophenburg said:

Really hope that's not it - could just as easily be Sunderland, Stoke, Sheffield United or Brentford. We've had some iconic Hummel's kits, let's not regress to stripes, not least because it's hard to build a brand, particularly globally, when your kit looks the same as half the teams in the English leagues.

I make no secret of being a sash or single big stripe advocate!

It is stripes, away is Yellow and similar to 76 and Black 3rd kit.

• Like 1

I suppose it’s time for a return to standard stripes for a season. 5 year contract with Hummel. I think I’d quite like to see us putting in a stripes variant every 2 or 3 seasons though, as we’ve had with the Rank Xerox and the sash. Ideally I’d like a return of the late 80s half and half, if not that a feyenoord style half and half at some point, that’s got some tradition for us from way back and IMO looks good.

• Like 1

I know someone who works at another club (nowhere near the premier league) who have just signed with Hummel. He said the proposed kit designs even for their club that they have been shown are really good. Some were new designs but with a mix of retro stuff as well. He was really, really impressed with Hummel's team and the effort they are making to produce something that meets the clubs aspirations. I am hopeful Hummel will be a really good partner!

Edited by Pedantic Pete
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Kenilworthy said:

If we have a yellow and blue away kit then we have no need of a third kit unless we play Bradford and not really even then as last two times we played them away we used our home kit

Third kits are just becoming standard with clubs now, just another way to make more money from fans. If clubs thought about kit clashes there would never be a need for 3rd kits however that’s not the main consideration anymore.

Any likelihood of us wearing the new kit in any of the games left this season? See Chelsea have already announced they are doing that. Can't see UA would give a toss if we did and no change in sponsorship issues.

5 hours ago, Wurzel said:

Any likelihood of us wearing the new kit in any of the games left this season? See Chelsea have already announced they are doing that. Can't see UA would give a toss if we did and no change in sponsorship issues.

We did just that in our last PL game at the Dell.

1 hour ago, rooney said:

We did just that in our last PL game at the Dell.

1 hour ago, Mozz said:

And the last game of last season.

Neither involved a change of supplier though (at least as far as I can remember, 2001 seems a long time ago now).

14 hours ago, Badger said:

Neither involved a change of supplier though (at least as far as I can remember, 2001 seems a long time ago now).

You are correct as the Club made their own kit in those far flung days. Probably Rupes had set up a Factory in Bangladesh with cheap labour.

1 hour ago, Billy the Kidd said:

Iv enever been a fan of any of Everton's kits. But I like that, I like that a lot...

I like that a lot. And the shadow chevrons instead of in your face contrasting ones on the sleeve are a great touch.
Gives me high hopes for our kit(s)- but I just don't like stripes.

• Like 2

No more sash! This seasons in my opinion was smart but fir me not really us. I do think  there is a case to freshen up from time to time but there’s too much red. I think more white with red rather than other way round but def no more sash. Stripes or the early keegan variants are classic looks. Nobody has that early 80’s look anywhere in all the leagues as far I am aware, def not in the top flight. Rumours are stripes which I will be happy with. I have to say the under armour stuff was too fussy. 

20 hours ago, JCBSaint said:

No more sash! This seasons in my opinion was smart but fir me not really us. I do think  there is a case to freshen up from time to time but there’s too much red. I think more white with red rather than other way round but def no more sash. Stripes or the early keegan variants are classic looks. Nobody has that early 80’s look anywhere in all the leagues as far I am aware, def not in the top flight. Rumours are stripes which I will be happy with. I have to say the under armour stuff was too fussy. 

I really like the away sash kit and would be more than happy to keep it and have more often than the "Keegan variant".

If there is a change I'd be just as happy to have stripes.

The sash could easily become the kit everyone knows as our style of kit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

Did this year's 135 anniversary really count as a meaningful anniversary? 🤔

I didn't think it did personally, although I don't recall the club heavily marketing it as such. If they did, then I missed it (or it's an age thing ...)

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

I didn't think it did personally, although I don't recall the club heavily marketing it as such. If they did, then I missed it (or it's an age thing ...)

1885 to 2020 being the 135th anniversary was the main focus of the marketing campaign. 135 years seems a strange number for an anniversary. 

dataimagejpegbase649j4AAQSkZJRgABAQEBLAEsAAD7QAsUG-2f0e7aefa06b9d88fb8f477c0787dce0.jpg