Official: Sportsbet.io New Shirt Sponsor

Saint86

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

It's going to be like a film script where everyone gives up and then saints release a statement at 11:59.

I know things can change, but how convinced was your source this time yesterday that something would happen today?

Just now, hypochondriac said:

It's going to be like a film script where everyone gives up and then saints release a statement at 11:59.

Perhaps we've gone back to the Cortese era of only giving releases after the Echo have gone to print..

Not that I'm expecting an announcement any time soon (hope to be wrong but suspect we'll have Gao around for some time to come).

Just now, trousers said:

I know things can change, but how convinced was your source this time yesterday that something would happen today?

He just said Friday. If it doesn't happen today then maybe they've delayed it. I'd expect a statement in the next few days if it's not today. 

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Statement reads...

"Saints fans, we had planned for today to announce the takeover of the club my Michael Dell. However those plans collapsed due to the remarks by hypochondriac on Saints Web."

1 minute ago, Badger said:

Perhaps we've gone back to the Cortese era of only giving releases after the Echo have gone to print..

Not that I'm expecting an announcement any time soon (hope to be wrong but suspect we'll have Gao around for some time to come).

It's a statement about the sponsor not a takeover! 

He just said Friday. If it doesn't happen today then maybe they've delayed it. I'd expect a statement in the next few days if it's not today. 

Cheers - was just wondering how convinced he/she was about Friday being the day, given the info he/she had at his/her disposal. But no worries, just me being my usual over-thinking self :)

4 minutes ago, trousers said:

Cheers - was just wondering how convinced he/she was about Friday being the day, given the info he/she had at his/her disposal. But no worries, just me being my usual over-thinking self :)

It was really just a pretty informal conversation where he says a few things in between talking about a load of other stuff unrelated to saints. They'll be putting a statement out about it soon at any rate and offering replacements for the people who have bought the current shirt I expect. I think we've already sorted a new sponsor. 

It was really just a pretty informal conversation where he says a few things in between talking about a load of other stuff unrelated to saints. They'll be putting a statement out about it soon at any rate and offering replacements for the people who have bought the current shirt I expect. I think we've already sorted a new sponsor. 

Cheers 👍

back off no GIF by Sebastian Walldén

looks like hypos ITK credentials have taken a massive hit

Are there even any genuine ITK’ers left on this site anymore?

Back to the sponsor, I’m glad I held off buying that 3rd shirt now it looks like we’ll either have a less awful sponsor on it, or better still no sponsor at all.

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

#wrecked

You are still a respected source hypo, I know from experience some on here love it when you’re snippets are wrong, keep posting, most itks aren’t 100% right all the time. Except for me who has been 100% this summer. 

39 minutes ago, Turkish said:

You are still a respected source hypo, I know from experience some on here love it when you’re snippets are wrong, keep posting, most itks aren’t 100% right all the time. Except for me who has been 100% this summer. 

So when is the takeover happening Turkish ? 

If anyone on here has a snippet it's probably you. Nearest week will do if you don't want to nail your colours too specifically, we'll understand.

Feel free to PM me if you'd rather not divulge sensitive info to the wider audience. Discretion assured.

3 minutes ago, Badger said:

So when is the takeover happening Turkish ? 

If anyone on here has a snippet it's probably you. Nearest week will do if you don't want to nail your colours too specifically, we'll understand.

Feel free to PM me if you'd rather not divulge sensitive info to the wider audience. Discretion assured.

Sworn to secrecy on this one I am afraid Badge, everyone involved under NDA, nothing I can say for now but rest assured when I am you’ll be amongst the first to know. No Q&A please as I can’t respond to every single message and PM

10 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Sworn to secrecy on this one I am afraid Badge, everyone involved under NDA, nothing I can say for now but rest assured when I am you’ll be amongst the first to know. No Q&A please as I can’t respond to every single message and PM

Understood. Mum's the word, careless talk costs lives and all that...

Must be a heavy burden carrying this knowledge around with you, just in case. Lesser men wouldn't cope.

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Thanks for the encouraging words Turkish. Love and light. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Theres a flaw in your spiel because if you were under an NDA even mentioning there is an NDA you are admitting that something is going on and that will break the NDA. 

Keep the entertainment up though, been fun!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Harry_SFC said:

Has anyone been on the LD Sports website lately?

It still has profiles for Cedric, Austin, Yoshida etc. It also has links to transfer rumours regarding Obafemi, Mckennie etc under the 'latest news' section. 

It's all just very, very odd. 

Please buy us, Americans.

• Like 1

I’m kind of looking forward to seeing how the club are going to paint this with a positive note given we are still owned by the mysterious Chinese guy. 
The only way I can think is to announce a new shirt sponsor with just a single “this replaces the previous agreement with LD Sports” at the bottom of the press release.

49 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

I’m kind of looking forward to seeing how the club are going to paint this with a positive note given we are still owned by the mysterious Chinese guy. 
The only way I can think is to announce a new shirt sponsor with just a single “this replaces the previous agreement with LD Sports” at the bottom of the press release.

Sadly, they'll have to include returns, exchanges and refunds for the shirts already sold.

1 hour ago, Nolan said:

Sadly, they'll have to include returns, exchanges and refunds for the shirts already sold.

Gao should pay for every return/refund out of his own pocket. He should also ensure, whatever happens, that the 2 years we signed up for are still paid for - out of his own pocket.

It's the very least he can do, as this is going to hit us financially during a time we didn't need it.

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Gao should pay for every return/refund out of his own pocket. He should also ensure, whatever happens, that the 2 years we signed up for are still paid for - out of his own pocket.

It's the very least he can do, as this is going to hit us financially during a time we didn't need it.

There is no evidence that Gao and LD Sports are linked.

Why would they have also sponsored Espanyol and table tennis competitions?

Edited by Nolan

1 minute ago, Nolan said:

There is no evidence that Gao and LD Sports are linked.

Why would they have also sponsored Espanol?

I'll happily donate to any charity if it's discovered that Gao has nothing to do with 'LD Sports' and 'Lander Developments (i.e LD)' are not linked to 'LD Sports'. Sadly we'll never find out, but it seems fairly obvious to me.

Edited by S-Clarke

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

I'll happily donate to any charity if it's discovered that Gao has nothing to do with 'LD Sports' and 'Lander Developments (i.e LD)' are not linked to 'LD Sports'. Sadly we'll never find out, but it seems fairly obvious to me.

Please tell us more.

It seems to me the burden of proof is on you not 'them'

You seem to have decided there is a link there based, I would assume, purely on your own prejudice of the situation

14 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

And B & M and MB games are the same company?

Has he registered asportscompanynotownedbygao.com ?

2 hours ago, Nolan said:

Do you reckon that they'll pay back my postage to Belgium and South Africa as well as the shirt refunds ??

Not holding my breath TBF 🤪