Official: Sportsbet.io New Shirt Sponsor

Saint86

5 minutes ago, EBS1980 said:

A coincidence that the four photos the club used on Facebook in relation to the award winners you can’t see the sponsor on any of them?? 🤔

As long as the money turns up in the bank in pounds sterling.

LD sports.  What a disaster.

18 minutes ago, EBS1980 said:

A coincidence that the four photos the club used on Facebook in relation to the award winners you can’t see the sponsor on any of them?? 🤔

Given that the photos on Twitter and website clearly do show the sponsor, I'll say yes

1 hour ago, EBS1980 said:

You can see LD Sports on the player shirts on all the club media covering the player awards. The individual awards have different minor sponsors, the same happens every year.

Edited by Matthew Le God

39 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

You can see LD Sports on the player shirts on all the club media covering the player awards. The individual awards have different minor sponsors, the same happens every year.

Danny is wearing last year top and won the award for last season which ld sport has paid for?

https://twitter.com/SouthamptonFC/status/1297821700038352897?s=19

49 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

It was the Facebook post I was referring to. It was this post where all the photos are side or back facing 

F980463F-F6E4-4599-B5BB-1BDB8DC82357.jpeg

Obviously there is something going on with the LD sponsor. Just a guess but maybe the Player Awards still shows the LD sponsor as they paid up to the end of last season and the Awards come under last season. I wonder if the style of the monochrome graphic was done on purpose as it does somewhat mute the impact of the logo.

If we are no longer working with LD Sports then maybe we will get more tweets as above. Perhaps all promotional images gearing up for this season might well end up being side on and back pictures of the shirts until we have sorted out a new sponsor or just removed the old one completely.  

With only 2 weeks left until the start of new season I would have hoped we might of heard something official on this by now. 

Perhaps the club don't want to say anything until they have a replacement sponsor in place?

Even a betting company is better than that charade. It seems as if the club have tried to get confirmation of their viability, but have struggled.

It beggars belief as to why no one tried to get confirmation of their viability last summer to be honest.

Great, a betting company.

Good work to find a replacement in such short order, but a great pity it had to be a company like that.

The club has also accepted the situation with people who have already bought the kit. Look forward to what solution they will offer.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Official: Sportsbet.io New Shirt Sponsor
22 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Even a betting company is better than that charade. It seems as if the club have tried to get confirmation of their viability, but have struggled.

It beggars belief as to why no one tried to get confirmation of their viability last summer to be honest.

From what I was told they have left saints tens of millions down and I'm not sure if they've paid them anything at all. Almost amusing how badly saints have played this one with what was very clearly a dodgy outfit from the start. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Colinjb said:

Good work to find a replacement in such short order, but a great pity it had to be a company like that.

The club has also accepted the situation with people who have already bought the kit. Look forward to what solution they will offer.

Echo's my view exactly, but an improvement on the previous one. 

People moaning that its a betting company. Unfortunately money is all that matters for most clubs when it comes to sponsorship. Its a sign of the times and betting companies have considerable wealth in which to cast their advertising net far and wide. Most PL clubs have betting companies as their main sponsors or the few that dont, have them as sub sponsors or partners

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

From what I was told they have left saints tens of millions down and I'm not sure if they've paid them anything at all. Almost amusing how badly saints have played this one with what was very clearly a dodgy outfit from the start. 

Doubt it's "Saints" playing it badly, I expect it was Gao imposing it on the club. 

5 minutes ago, jawillwill said:

I appreciate its the best Saints could do at such short notice and its only a 1 year deal, but I have naively thought Saints were above having a betting company on our shirts (I think up until a couple of years ago, we would have been).

But if it allows us to plug a gaping hole in the finances to keep some backroom staff in a job then I'd think it was worth it for a year. 

Edited by hypochondriac

28 minutes ago, Colinjb said:

You can show your disgust by boycotting the shirt, but buying it anyway.

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

But if it allows us to plug a gaping hole in the finances to keep psme backroom staff in a job then I'd think it was worth it for a year. 

A few days late but Hypos ITK Status is restored. After me, LeG and Jim you are back up to number 4 ITKer, i shall follow your future posts with renewed enthusiasm. 

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

A few days late but Hypos ITK Status is restored. After me, LeG and Jim you are back up to number 4 ITKer, i shall follow your future posts with renewed enthusiasm. 

It just makes me proud to even be mentioned in the same breath as those luminaries. 

5 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

Have they ditched Watford? Appreciate Saints had to do something, but really hope its only for a season. Hopefully ban on Betting company advertising will kick in soon. Really not acceptable to have betting companies on shirts that will be bought for kids. 

Quite right, I would rather the club be skint for a season after losing out on that nice Chinese money and not have the resources to buy anyone else or negotiate improved contracts for players. 🙄

It is a years agreement. We have been fortunate enough to find someone who has dug us out of a financial hole. Had it not been for the pandemic we may have been able to take our time and pick and choose. Its not that world anymore. 

13 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

Have they ditched Watford? Appreciate Saints had to do something, but really hope its only for a season. Hopefully ban on Betting company advertising will kick in soon. Really not acceptable to have betting companies on shirts that will be bought for kids. 

Kid sizes don’t carry the sponsor. Not allowed to .