Saints in the England Squad

Paulwantsapint81

5 hours ago, Saint Keef said:

If it was a World Cup just for full-backs, we'd win it.

TTA, James, Trippier, Walker, Shaw, Wan Bissaka, KWP, Livramento, Chilwell, Cresswell, Lamptey to name 11 off the top of my head - there's bound to be others.  All very good attacking options and just shows how important "attacking" full-backs are in the current game. Of course, they'd have to be managed by Stuart "Psycho" Pearce. 

England could make a decent 11 out of just right backs

Walker (played in goal for City once)

Justin Wan-Bissaka Trippier

Livramento Trent Maitland-Niles KWP

James Tavanier Lampety

Bench: Godfrey, Ben Johnson, Ayling, Baldock, Clyne, Kenny, Ward, Fredericks, Chambers

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, DT said:

Cannot understand how Mount starts ahead of JWP. Except Chelsea, obvs. Always felt Mount is overrated

Slightly different player but would like to see prowsey a little further forward with his range of passing. Dont think mount should be starting right now, his form has fell off a cliff.

12 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

A mexican wave. So glad I'm watching F1.

Even with multiple red flags I know its better than that shite......

This circuit’s a farce. Can’t go ten minutes without a heavy impact and a red flag. The F2 earlier was ridiculous.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Toussaint said:

I didn’t see the game, how was KWP?

Thought he did ok. The ball didn't often get played to him on the right in positions where he could do anything and Gallagher was often crowding him out. England though were very poor and the referee /VAR awarded the win thanks to a joke penalty for handball.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kenilworthy said:

Thought he did ok. The ball didn't often get played to him on the right in positions where he could do anything and Gallagher was often crowding him out. England though were very poor and the referee /VAR awarded the win thanks to a joke penalty for handball.

they can't seem to be able to differentiate between the ball hitting the hand [arm] or the hand hitting the ball. Players are aiming the ball to purposely hit the hands of defenders.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kenilworthy said:

I thought he was in the main pretty negative. Always passing backwards and safe rather than driving forward as he does for us. 

Of course, that could be the way Southgate has instructed him to play. 

Pretty untested defensively. 

1 hour ago, Dman said:

I thought he was in the main pretty negative. Always passing backwards and safe rather than driving forward as he does for us. 

Of course, that could be the way Southgate has instructed him to play. 

Pretty untested defensively. 

Sounds very likely 

25 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

How when we have a country full of right backs are we playing a centre-back there? 

Bizarre isn't it. Not like he needs to see if he can cover a shortage of right backs with a CB. 

Prowsey barely put a foot wrong, some really good passing. Sterling looked a lot better when he came off the right wing. 

Not too impressed with Mitchell, seems unsure what to do when he has the ball.

1 minute ago, beatlesaint said:

Got to say, although I’m biased, but I don’t think KWP is doing himself any harm here whatsoever. Looking very good again.

Agree. Gives the impression he's been playing at international level for years

• Like 1

Just now, beatlesaint said:

Got to say, although I’m biased, but I don’t think KWP is doing himself any harm here whatsoever. Looking very good again.

He's unlucky that there's so many players already in front of him, he'll have to be absolutely immense AND have a couple of the players ahead of him fall off a bit for Southgate to make the decision to change the established players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy_D said:

He's unlucky that there's so many players already in front of him, he'll have to be absolutely immense AND have a couple of the players ahead of him fall off a bit for Southgate to make the decision to change the established players.

Hopefully the fact he's as comfortable playing left back as he is right back will stand him in good stead. Effectively frees up an extra squad selection slot for Southgate if he picks a player who offers such versatility. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

Yep, although Foden is doing his best to ignore him at every opportunity.