Other Games - 2020/2021

jamesfp1

1 minute ago, M271 said:

I watched the Burnley match, did Sheff Utd have to work hard with 10 men? Hopefully will not have recovered in under 3 days time! Any more injuries for them?

I dunno, Villa reminded me of us really. Lots of huff and puff, but no real clear cut opportunities once they were against 10.

Sheff U threw two banks of 4 in front of their goal and Villa didn't really know how to break them down. Villa brought on their new guy, Sanson, and he seemed to make them worse and they just couldn't sustain anything. Targett in particular was dire.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

I dunno, Villa reminded me of us really. Lots of huff and puff, but no real clear cut opportunities once they were against 10.

Sheff U threw two banks of 4 in front of their goal and Villa didn't really know how to break them down. Villa brought on their new guy, Sanson, and he seemed to make them worse and they just couldn't sustain anything. Targett in particular was dire.

Grealish makes them tick, without him very average. Think teams are so focus on stopping him, it creates opportunities for others

Just now, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Grealish makes them tick, without him very average. Think teams are so focus on stopping him, it creates opportunities for others

Another team struggling with a couple of key players out. Leicester ditto.

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

Another team struggling with a couple of key players out. Leicester ditto.

Struggling? They won one and lost one, anyone would think they’d drawn one and lost 7.
They beat Leeds without him. The team that stuffed us a few days before. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Just now, Lord Duckhunter said:

Struggling? They won one and lost one, anyone would think they’d won one and lost 7.
They beat Leeds without him. The team that stuffed us a few days before. 

Struggling in relevance to their previous form, they've clearly dipped in my eyes because of the players they've lost.

But not as much as us because they have that tiny bit more depth, so they can absorb it a little bit better. But they still miss Grealish and Cash.

14 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Struggling in relevance to their previous form, they've clearly dipped in my eyes because of the players they've lost.

What are you on about? 

This year their record is.

LLLWLWLWDLWL

The lost to Burnley, before beating us, and then lost to West Ham. Since. Cash  got injured they’ve lost to Leicester, beaten Leeds and lost to Sheffield Utd. 

Is this some sort of “ look how difficult injuries are, so lay off Ralph” line? 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Will be keeping a close eye on Fulham v Spurs tonight at 18.00. Hoping Jose starts with Bale in the side and, if so, I fancy Spurs to win by a couple of goals. Jose being Jose he'll probably do something else and screw it up.

33 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Honestly who gives a flying fuck what Fulham do. They can win ten nil as far as I'm concerned, its makes no difference to us.

I'm more worried about WBA beating Everton to be honest. A win puts them a mere 10 points behind us and we all know that the Baggies are going to win their remaining 11 games at a canter

:)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Teddeer said:

Will be keeping a close eye on Fulham v Spurs tonight at 18.00. Hoping Jose starts with Bale in the side and, if so, I fancy Spurs to win by a couple of goals. Jose being Jose he'll probably do something else and screw it up.

Strong team. I'm a big Spurs fan tonight.

With the form we are in, we have to be wary of Fulham. Our confidence is at rock bottom. They can move out of the relegation zone tonight, that is incredible for a team that was wrote off a couple months ago. If we can get a win and crawl past 35 pts, I'll happily cheer them on over the others down there. Very brave sticking with Parker. 

32 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

With the form we are in, we have to be wary of Fulham. Our confidence is at rock bottom. They can move out of the relegation zone tonight, that is incredible for a team that was wrote off a couple months ago. If we can get a win and crawl past 35 pts, I'll happily cheer them on over the others down there. Very brave sticking with Parker. 

If you don't think we can claw together 5 points from twelve football matches (in total that would be 6 points from 21 matches, record breaking Derby County form) why do you care what other clubs do.

You're expecting record breaking worst form in Premier League history but think that other clubs losing is going to keep us up.

Utterly insane. This form has gone fucking mad.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

If you don't think we can claw together 5 points from twelve football matches (in total that would be 6 points from 21 matches, record breaking Derby County form) why do you care what other clubs do.

You're expecting record breaking worst form in Premier League history but think that other clubs losing is going to keep us up.

Only a few months ago they were on about being champions :lol: 

Edited by Turkish

7 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

CBfry

LLLLLLDLLL

Record breaking form. 

Worst injury hit season I can ever remember.

Awful run of ref decisions going against us.

But, as I've said before, win Saturday and we're smiling. No need to be so condescending. 

I think the word is incredulous not condescending to be fair 

15 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

I doubt 35 will be enough fo stay up.

8 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

It was enough to stay up in the last 4 seasons. Why is this season different to those? It needs more than Fulham overtaking us for us to go down.

Because it’s not one of the last 4 seasons 

3 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Newcastle should be more worried than us.

What’s that got to do with your point about this season being different to the last 4? It blatantly is because it’s a different season. 

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

What’s that got to do with your point about this season being different to the last 4? It blatantly is because it’s a different season. 

My question was asking what about this season makes you think that more than 35 points will be needed. You failed to answer and instead answered a question I didn't ask. It also isn't unreasonable to look at the past to predict the future.

Edited by Matthew Le God

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

My question was asking what about this season makes you think that more than 35 points will be needed. You failed to answer and instead answered a question I didn't ask. It also isn't unreasonable to look at the past to predict the future.

no I didn’t i answered, I said it’s because it’s a different season 

Why do you think what happened the last 4 seasons has any bearing on what happens this season?

Edited by Turkish

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

Why do you think what happened the last 4 seasons has any bearing on what happens this season?

I did not say it did. I asked what about this season makes him think 35 points won't be enough as he claimed. Turkish yet again confused by the burden of proof.

2 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

I did not say it did. I asked what about this season makes him think 35 points won't be enough as he claimed. Turkish yet again confused by the burden of proof.

It’s you that is having trouble with the burden of proof.

You claimed because it hasn’t happened the last 4 seasons it won’t be any different this time. It might not take 35 points but the reason it won’t be is absolutely nothing to do with what happened in 2017/18 season or any of the others. That’s why this season is different to those. Unless you disagree with that?

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

It’s you that is having trouble with the burden of proof.

You claimed because it hasn’t happened the last 4 seasons it won’t be any different this time. It might not take 35 points but the reason it won’t be is absolutely nothing to do with what happened in 2017/18 season or any of the others. That’s why this season is different to those. Unless you disagree with that?

I didn't. 🙄

English comprehension is letting you down again.

Edited by Matthew Le God

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

I didn't. 🙄

English comprehension is letting you down again.

“It was enough to stay up in the last 4 seasons. Why is this season different to those?”

Short memory MLG, your words. No one else’s. :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

“It was enough to stay up in the last 4 seasons. Why is this season different to those?”

Short memory MLG, your words. No one else’s. :lol: 

Are you really unable to see there is no claim being made in that quote? It is a question... not a claim. You not understanding the difference may explain your inability to understand the burden of proof regarding claims. 🙄

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

Are you really unable to see there is no claim being made in that quote? It is a question... not a claim. You not understanding the difference may explain your inability to understand the burden of proof regarding claims. 🙄

Just to clarify when you said it took less than 35 points the last 4 seasons you were absolutely not suggesting that this season would be the same, right?