Other Games - 2020/2021

jamesfp1

I must admit, It's a bit odd hearing the commentators saying 'Koch' at random points during the Leeds game. There could be some really uncomfortable timing moments as the season goes on!

Wonder how long before they're asked to call him Robin instead...? (probably not long in this world)

Edited by S-Clarke

50 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I must admit, It's a bit odd hearing the commentators saying 'Koch' at random points during the Leeds game. There could be some really uncomfortable timing moments as the season goes on!

Wonder how long before they're asked to call him Robin instead...? (probably not long in this world)

"Koch has been rock solid today". 

25 minutes ago, warsash saint said:

Jamie Redknapp talking some shit pre-match regarding PEH!

No surprise there....how he’s kept his job while heads roll all around him is beyond me.

Gary Neville just said “I’m not seeing anything from Hojberg and Winks in midfield from a possession point of view” ......you won’t Gary !

Spurs fans suddenly waking up to how poor Hojbjerg is judging by comments on their forum after that first half display. Hope they are not expecting him to improve with time because chances are they'll be disappointed.

Edited by Teddeer

8 minutes ago, Teddeer said:

Latest comment from Spurs fan, 'Hojberg, another sideways passing twat'. LOL

That’s why Mourinho wanted him I suppose. Let’s hope for Southampton to get the other £5m in add ons, it’s only about 10 appearances. Bet he wished he’d joined Everton now.....

Edited by SW5 SAINT
Missed something

The spurs fans were sold a duff by the media.

'A forward thinking midfielder' 'the first potential replacement for Eriksen'.

That performance there was him, that's Hoj. It doesn't get any better or worse than that. That's why I've never understood the clamour for him.

Edited by S-Clarke

My highlight of the weekend was just watching the spurs game when PEH booted it out of play. Neville " oh thats awful from Holjberg". 

I was wetting myself particularly as Ive got a few good mates who are spurs fans and they were telling me hes the missing piece. I would say to them, chaps, hes really not very good. Then they would get a little condescending and point at his stats, to which I would reply, dont let the stats fool you, they dont tell the full story. Then they would claim I was just bitter that he had gone to a bigger club and they had managed to flog their bitpart fullback to us, regardlessof the fact I would tell them I was happy with the signing. Plus 3m.

Ahhhh, schadenfreude.

2 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

That performance there was him, that's Hoj. It doesn't get any better or worse than that.

Exactly word for word what I said to a Spurs supporter after the match. He replied with “oh you can’t judge him after one game”

I said “I’m not, I’m judging him on over 100 games he played for us” !!

3 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

'A forward thinking midfielder' 'the first potential replacement for Eriksen'.

That performance there was him, that's Hoj. It doesn't get any better or worse than that. That's why I've never understood the clamour for him.

2 hours ago, bpsaint said:

Loving the comments from Spurs fans on Twitter about Hoj, it seems the penny has dropped and we truly weren’t being bitter when we said they were welcome to him 🤣

Spurs fans will probably console themselves with the fact they recouped most of the outlay on PEH by flogging us KWP.

• Like 1

I guess all Saints fans who watched that game, were paying particular attention to  PEH's performance. It was a poor all round performance by Spurs, but PEH was possibly the poorest of all. Toby doesn't look the same player he once was either. As much as I hate to say it, I was actually quite impressed with Everton's shape and performance.

And the first manager to get the sack this year could be.....................

As for the previous game - West Brom and Leicester. That co-commentator/pundit Andy Hinchcliffe - boy he winds me up. I remember him as a reasonably average premiership player, I guess a good professional, but nothing out of the ordinary, ok but nothing special - but he commentates like he never made a mistake in his whole career, never failed to mark an opponent, never gave a stray pass away, never shot wide of the goal, never gave a foul away, never made a wrong decision.......yet he commentates like he was some sort of a tactical and playing genius. He's annoying me as much as Carragher now and that's saying something.

14 hours ago, Saint Keef said:

As for the previous game - West Brom and Leicester. That co-commentator/pundit Andy Hinchcliffe - boy he winds me up. I remember him as a reasonably average premiership player, I guess a good professional, but nothing out of the ordinary, ok but nothing special - but he commentates like he never made a mistake in his whole career, never failed to mark an opponent, never gave a stray pass away, never shot wide of the goal, never gave a foul away, never made a wrong decision.......yet he commentates like he was some sort of a tactical and playing genius. He's annoying me as much as Carragher now and that's saying something.

I think exactly the same.

23 hours ago, beatlesaint said:

Exactly word for word what I said to a Spurs supporter after the match. He replied with “oh you can’t judge him after one game”

I said “I’m not, I’m judging him on over 100 games he played for us” !!

Let's not get too carried away on one poor PEH performance for Spurs, at least wait until after next week as he'll probably have the game of his life against us and score the winner.

Sheffield United seem to have lost momentum from last season, Wolves played well but seemed comfortable tonight. 

No points for any of the promoted teams this weekend so none of them able to carry over the promotion feelgood bounce, although Leeds took a lot of credit for their performance.