Other Games - 2020/2021

makes me laugh people saying no recruitment policy,  All clubs have a recruitment strategy but some buy better than other.

A decent coach could get Macguire and Wan Bissaka playing in a cohesive defence. Load of exciting talent up front as well.

Poch would easily get then as title challengers

Embarrassing Neville won’t call out his mate. Anyone else overseeing that shambles would be slaughtered 

Just now, whelk said:

makes me laugh people saying no recruitment policy,  All clubs have a recruitment strategy but some buy better than other.

A decent coach could get Macguire and Wan Bissaka playing in a cohesive defence. Load of exciting talent up front as well.

Embarrassing Neville won’t call out his mate. Anyone else overseeing that shambles would be slaughtered 

A club that targets Sancho and 'young British talent' at the start of the window, and then ends up signing Cavani on a free at the end of the window, strikes as a club with no real idea of what they're doing in that area.

Maguire is over rated, I think he's dreadful. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, whelk said:

Dunno about title challengers, but there's a good team in there. Half the managers in the league would have a decent defence from De Gea/Henderson, Maguire, Bailly, Lindelof, Shaw, AWB. It's crazy they're so disjointed. 

Personally I'd give up on Pogba. He was great at Juve with others doing the work he didn't want. If he was their only no10 then fine, but they have Fernandes and Van de Beek.

I'd play Mctominay and Fred to actually keep things tight. In fact I'd copy our formation as Van de Beek and Fernandes would have all the licence to attack they wanted in the no10 roles, with Rashford and Cavani, or Greenwood up front. 

But yeah, how can you be expected to win premier league games with that squad right?!

A decent manager and they'd be up there, then probably 2 or 3 decent signings from competiting for the title. Under Solskjaer they'll have good and bad runs depending on whether top players are carrying them to victories. The moment it's down to team tactics and cohesion, they'll be screwed. 

16 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

A club that targets Sancho and 'young British talent' at the start of the window, and then ends up signing Cavani on a free at the end of the window, strikes as a club with no real idea of what they're doing in that area.

Maguire is over rated, I think he's dreadful. 

But why the obsession with young british talent anyway? Who cares? 

Fine if it's theirs and there for free like Greenwood. But players like James? Utd are rich and big enough to sign players good enough for now. James is our sort of signing, and even then not a great one. 

Sancho's good but for the price they could get plenty of other decent attackers. If you have Rashford and Greenwood, get someone with a bit more experience too. Cavani is a good signing but clearly not one they planned or wanted. 

• Like 1

I left Watkins on the bench in my Fantasy team! Fuckity fucksticks. Still worth it to see Liverpool suffer for a change. Interesting League so far

Edited by SNSUN

I'd say more Liverpool are a shambles defensively rather than Villa being good.

It's like Liverpool feel sorry for the likes of Utd and City and want to make the title race more interesting. 

wtf is going on today??

Liverpool have been quite poor since January anyway, they built up a head of steam in the first 6 months of last season and dropped off massively beyond January.  They'd built up big enough a lead to be ok though.

This season is just a continuation of their drop off.

19 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

I'd say more Liverpool are a shambles defensively rather than Villa being good.

It's like Liverpool feel sorry for the likes of Utd and City and want to make the title race more interesting. 

Typical armchair fan, sky tv, big club attitude. Must be because the big club didn’t play well. 🙄

1 minute ago, bpsaint said:

Imagine the odds you’d have got on this and the United scores

The BBC live text commentator was claiming he’s got an accumulator for 6-1 scoreline on both at half time!

So glad we've cobbled a couple of wins together.  This season could wreck a team's confidence.  Imagine if it was us tonight on a 7-2 Villa defeat.  I can just about get my head around receiving a beating against an in-form Spurs, but not Villa.  Not like this.  

2 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Villa excellent or Liverpool atrocious?

Villa 100% record. Could be a really interesting season at the top of the premier league, let’s hope so. 

Villa excellent, great passing through the lines and quality from Barkley and Grealish finding space in the final third.

But....Liverpool's defending was something to be witnessed. They just let Villa through time and time again, their blocking and press was non-existent, their positional play in the back 4 was awful, Trents awareness was non-existent and he didn't turn up.

It was strange, very strange. But don't take anything away from Villa, their passing and movement in the final third was excellent.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

A £10 bet on West Ham to win 3-0 at Leicester, Southampton to win a home game, Man Utd to lose 6-1 and Liverpool to lose 7-2 would have got you... an immediate drugs test and CT scan.

😁

10 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Villa excellent or Liverpool atrocious?

Villa 100% record. Could be a really interesting season at the top of the premier league, let’s hope so. 

Bit of both I’d say. You often get games where someone will win 2 or 3 nil and you’ll hear it could have been 5 or 6 and that’s what happened today. Everything clicked for Villa but it still could have been 8 or 9!

Thats how the 5-2 against Spurs could have gone for us without a bit of fight and luck in that first half.

To think the scousers were laughing themselves silly after the city vs Leicester game last week

I feel like I'm on some sort of weird LSD drugs trip (I'm told that's what its like). Villa put 7 past Liverpool. Spurs put 6 past United at Old Trafford. West Ham win 3-0 at Leicester. And most weirdly of all, Saints win at St Mary's. Highlights of course were listening to Carragher and Neville having to commentate on their respective team's abysmal performances and Evra wanting to cancel his Sky contract, live on TV because he doesn't want to be a pundit anymore on United games and that although he isn't prone to violence he would start "smacking" a few (of the United players I guess).

Observations: As bright as PEH's star seems to be shining and to a degree Targett's , VvD's star is definitely on the wain. "Nutmegged" on one of Villa's goals, deflected another into the goal and generally seeming to have lost command of the back four. I said 2 or 3 weeks ago on here, he suddenly seems to be prone to making mistakes. Also a pretty nasty foul and booking today (but not as bad as Luke Shaw's - who should have been red-carded). I wish the Villa crowd had been in there singing "Sacked in the morning" to Klippity Klopp.

Add to the waining stars, Messrs. Lallana and Lemina (both not playing for their new clubs this weekend). Liverpool are obviously desperate for a back-up keeper as Adrian clearly isn't up to it.......I hear Southampton have a couple of possibilities - How about Fraser Forster (£15m-£20m)....or even a loan with an OBLIGATION to buy next season similar to the Danny Ings deal.  They might also be interested in a back four partner for VvD. Is it too late to mention Wesley Hoedt to them?

Not sure there will be time on MoTD2 for the Saints game the way today has gone, but all of a sudden, with what is happening elsewhere, a relatively comfortable 2-0 win looks to be a damn fine result. Cheers!