Other Games - 2020/2021

jamesfp1

7 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

Watching MOTD Pogba tugged one shoulder briefly then the other , player goes down VAR says no pen OK but further slow motion shows Pogbas knee banging into the back of the forwards knee so a pen !

I think it is as bad if not worse than before VAR . 

Whether it’s a foul is still a subjective decision, the referee with the help of VAR decides if it was a penalty in his opinion . Hand ball isn’t, VAR is used to check whether the ball hit his hand or not, it doesn’t matter what the refs opinion is.if the hands away from the body and the ball hits the hand/arm, it’s handball as the rules stand now. 

I agree. I didn’t want VAR, don’t confuse my posts for support of it. I’m just pointing out why we’re where we are. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Whether it’s a foul is still a subjective decision, the referee with the help of VAR decides if it was a penalty in his opinion . Hand ball isn’t, VAR is used to check whether the ball hit his hand or not, it doesn’t matter what the refs opinion is.if the hands away from the body and the ball hits the hand/arm, it’s handball as the rules stand now. 

I agree. I didn’t want VAR, don’t confuse my posts for support of it. I’m just pointing out why we’re where we are. 

OK we’ll agree to agree then !

43 minutes ago, SaintJackoInHurworth said:

What IS going on this weekend? Especially today!!

West Ham thrashing Wolves...

Leicester thrashing Man City away from home...

Spurs only managing a draw at home against Newcastle...

West Brom almost beating Chelsea...

It's certainly not been a good weekend for most Fantasy football managers either! 😲

And we won away at turf Moor! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, saintquin said:

Perhaps we should call it "ball hand" now as it doesn't matter if it's accidental or not!

I have just seen the "handball" for Newcastle. What a complete joke. ( But it was against Moanrinho and Spurs, so I have zero sympathy in this instance ). I wonder what will happen the first time such a decision goes against Liverpool.

Edited by badgerx16

Just now, St. Neil said:

No Reed or Lemina in the Fulham team tonight.

Think Reed is injured (no surprise there) and Lemina is probably just being Lemina.

Can't say we made a mistake letting either of those go, the mistake will be if we don't use those funds to replace.

17 hours ago, adriansfc said:

Good luck to anyone predicting results! You'd have to be mad to bet on football this season.

The lack of preparation time, lack of summer break, hectic schedule, lack of fans and home advantage, it's a mess. But a fun mess.

Wolves game was crazy. Wolves are a good side but they just didn't turn up. We'll see a lot of that this season I think. Teams just randomly off the pace and stuffed out the blue. I was suspicious Semedo was just defensively rubbish though, he was every time I saw him for Barca. 

City's frailties are so similar to ours. It's ridiculous really. But any adversity and they can fall apart. Goals in quick succession, teams on the break, giving away silly fouls or individual errors at the back. The difference is, their defence/keeper cost about £250m! I really don't get the Ake signing at all. Huge problem for clubs like ours when average defenders are costing that much. 

I thought Ake was ok and is a decent player all round, its tough to judge a player in a relegation team but I always thought he looked solid but Bournemouth as a whole were a mess defensively.

Thing is you can spend all this money but your key players are your key players, City without Laporte and Aguero (and also Jesus to replace him) are much less of a team, especially when you then shift everyone else out of position to cover those absences. They then had Garcia who doesn't want to be there and played like that and I have never got what Mendy offers to that team he seems a very clumsy player who doesn't play like a Guardiola player as he seems to do lots of wasteful crosses and looks uncomfortable being asked to play more of a passing game, but then the other option is Zinchenko who is good on the ball (because he's a midfielder) but a liability defensively. 

I mean Liverpool conceded 3 against Leeds with their first choice team all available, so they were able to just cover it, had they had say Van Dijk and Mane or Salah missing then they might have lost badly to Leeds. 

That Man City loss was just a perfect storm, Leicester scored pretty much every attack, I mean Vardy could try that 100 times and he wouldn't score it, Maddison scored a worldie and the 2nd half Man City were playing a 4-4-2 with a target man and had no clue what they were doing. 

Fulham sound like a bit of a disconnected team, from the board down to the first team.

Their transfer strategy last time was to invest a lot of money, you cannot blame the owner for that imo - he really backed them. The issue was the scouting (they chose the wrong players, generally) and the coaching.

Scott is still very young, still quite raw and with his tactical changes (they went to 3 at the back last night) you can see he has a lot to learn.

They have some good players though and they will pickup, but they will be in and around that bottom lot for the season.

Edited by S-Clarke

26 minutes ago, trousers said:

Chelsea 1 Palace 0 (Chillwell, 49 mins)

I was going to put Chilwell in my team next week when I have two transfers to use (as I have to cheap out on another defender to do it). Wish I'd been able to do it this week. Goal and assist already.

Chelsea have started the season a bit stutteringly (if that's a word) but it seems they're getting up to speed for us next week. I still think they're a top centre back away from being a title-winning team but they must be a lot closer this season if all the signings gel quickly. Certainly it could be their year next season.

No Loftus-Cheek today though...

1 minute ago, Manuel said:

Not particularly impressed with Davies so far.  Pretty absent going forward.  Can't find space.  Completed a handful of passes but that's about it.  Not involved

He’s not what we need. Too lightweight and doesn’t really excel in any area (in my opinion of course).

4 hours ago, Archers Road Stand said:

Another year of Liverpool pissing the league. City are nowhere near them. 

Everton are though. The Merseyside derbies will be the key fixtures in the title race this season.  Leicester will be top 4 challengers again but they don't have the same depth in their squad that Everton have.

1 hour ago, Nordic Saint said:

Everton are though. The Merseyside derbies will be the key fixtures in the title race this season.  Leicester will be top 4 challengers again but they don't have the same depth in their squad that Everton have.

Everton will plummet once a few injuries to key players happens, they are already back to using Davies in midfield.

8 hours ago, skintsaint said:

Everton will plummet once a few injuries to key players happens, they are already back to using Davies in midfield.

And he was very good too. You should know how good he can be as he scored when they beat us at St Mary's last season. In fact, Everton have never lost a game against us when Davies has played.

1 hour ago, Nordic Saint said:

And he was very good too. You should know how good he can be as he scored when they beat us at St Mary's last season. In fact, Everton have never lost a game against us when Davies has played.

Yep thats why Everton fans love him so much 🤭