Other Games - 2020/2021

jamesfp1

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

Looks like Lemina is doing exactly what most of us thought he would.

He's not involved again.

Neither is Reed fwiw, another player too fragile for this league.

Tony Khan buys the players so imagine there might be a bit of friction after his tweets last time out.

How is Martial sent off and Lamela fine? A vaguely forceful arm in the throat v a tap on the face?

martial can’t argue but that’s insane. And lamela is a disgrace for the acting. Enjoying this game (laughing at the defending) and then reminded what horrible people some footballers are

4 minutes ago, Chewy said:

How is Martial sent off and Lamela fine? A vaguely forceful arm in the throat v a tap on the face?

martial can’t argue but that’s insane. And lamela is a disgrace for the acting. Enjoying this game (laughing at the defending) and then reminded what horrible people some footballers are

Martial may as well have gone back on the pitch and punched Lamela’s lights out.

1 minute ago, iansums said:

Martial may as well have gone back on the pitch and punched Lamela’s lights out.

I was playing in a Sunday league game 30 years ago where a bloke was sent off for swearing at the ref. He was arguing “I’m sent off for that”, he then followed it by saying “I might as well get sent off for something worthwhile” and then chinned our best player on the way off. 

8 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

You watch the media & pundits blame Woodward. They won’t blame ole, just like they won’t accept what a good job Jose did there with that bunch. 

Bad manager, bad owners, awful defence, horrific star-player ... they won’t be back on top of the league for a long time at this rate.

🤣🤣🤣

A

3 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

Makes our showing against Spurs look half decent.

Our defence might have been terrible but at least we didn’t just completely throw in the towel like United just did.

Yep was thinking this too.

I think had we got the goals we deserved in the first half we would have had something to defend or the game could have gone so differently.

Oh well- it was satisfying watching Utd get destroyed instead haha even if it is Spurs doing the damage

Edited by nta786

Man Utd are broken and it all stems from above the management/coaching.

Their recruitment is nothing other than diabolical, every single year. They are one of the biggest clubs in world football, what they bring in on marketing alone would make us squirm, but they are being left behind by most 'top' teams in Europe now on the pitch because their recruitment is bitty, slow and failing most years.

They don't seem to have a recruitment strategy, as will be proven by the deadline day signing of Cavani. Their fans have every right to be baffled and frustrated by the overall ownership of the club, arguably one of the biggest club names in world football is being managed in a way that no one could have seen 10 years ago.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, nta786 said:

Evra looks ready to kill on TV. 
How has he just said he is ready to rip up his contract with Sky?! 😂

He just said 'I don't promote violence, but I'd go in there and give them all a few slaps at the moment'

Lol.

Maybe United haven't been busy in the transfer market because they have no faith in Ole. As he trudged off he looked like a dead-man walking. Poch has long been tipped for this job, but United's resurgence after lockdown made it difficult to replace Ole. I have a feeling today will have given them the excuse to get rid of him. Poch by the end of the week? Mind you, having seen the shambles today, would he want the job?

2 minutes ago, Saint Keef said:

Maybe United haven't been busy in the transfer market because they have no faith in Ole. As he trudged off he looked like a dead-man walking. Poch has long been tipped for this job, but United's resurgence after lockdown made it difficult to replace Ole. I have a feeling today will have given them the excuse to get rid of him. Poch by the end of the week? Mind you, having seen the shambles today, would he want the job?

Their recruitment was odd/confused under Van Gal and Jose either. Although with Jose, he threw the board under the bus with his comments and they ended up sacking him.

With Van Gal they went for headline signings such as Falcao and Di Maria. No real impact from those. It's a club with no plan, just flying from season to season and seeing what sticks.

I always say Man Utd’s demise right now is with their wage structure and recruitment.

These players coming to Man Utd thinking they've made it. Is Cavani for £210k per week going to change anything? No one in that team until they have won a title should be on more than £150k a week.

However- in truth I don’t care so much I hope they lose even more this season

Would Poch want to go there the way they’re being run at the minute? Sounds like all frustration from the fans is being aimed at Woodward and the owners, unless there’s change on that front United will carry on a shadow of the side they were.

• Like 1

makes me laugh people saying no recruitment policy,  All clubs have a recruitment strategy but some buy better than other.

A decent coach could get Macguire and Wan Bissaka playing in a cohesive defence. Load of exciting talent up front as well.

Poch would easily get then as title challengers

Embarrassing Neville won’t call out his mate. Anyone else overseeing that shambles would be slaughtered 

Just now, whelk said:

makes me laugh people saying no recruitment policy,  All clubs have a recruitment strategy but some buy better than other.

A decent coach could get Macguire and Wan Bissaka playing in a cohesive defence. Load of exciting talent up front as well.

Poch would easily get then as title challengers

Embarrassing Neville won’t call out his mate. Anyone else overseeing that shambles would be slaughtered 

A club that targets Sancho and 'young British talent' at the start of the window, and then ends up signing Cavani on a free at the end of the window, strikes as a club with no real idea of what they're doing in that area.

Maguire is over rated, I think he's dreadful. 

• Like 1