Other Games - 2020/2021

jamesfp1

2 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

I seem to have renewed interest in this thread. Off to the allotment, but I'll be back..

This stays as it is we might be asking you to stay down the allotment all weekend and Monday night - pretty sure we can take turns in keeping you topped up with hot chocolate. 😜

21 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

Well, at least we’re a more attractive team for a manager at the moment than Man Utd.

Utter shambles there at the moment, have to say I’ll be gutted if we end up finishing below them the way things are going.

Behave jimmy. Obviously we are not a more attractive team for a manager than man united 

Edited by Turkish

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Behave jimmy. Obviously we are not a more attractive team for a manager than man united 

Depends how much a manager believes expectation exceeds ability at Man Utd now.

That job has been a poisoned chalice ever since Fergie left.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

Depends how much a manager believes expectation exceeds ability at Man Utd now.

That job has been a poisoned chalice ever since Fergie left.

They are still one of the biggest clubs in the world. every decent manager would back themselves to be the one to turn it around. 

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

They are still one of the biggest clubs in the world. every decent manager would back themselves to be the one to turn it around. 

That’s probably the reason they were able to prise their current manager, with his excellent track record and managerial reputation, from his previous job.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy_D said:

That’s probably the reason they were able to prise their current manager, with his excellent track record and managerial reputation, from his previous job.

If you want to believe the vast majority of managers would rather manage Southampton than Man United you Carry on mate.

Edited by Turkish

13 minutes ago, SaintBobby said:

Never understood what that meant. What’s an urban challenge in contrast?

In the league I play in we often have games 1 hour drive outside the city and those games are always rough. Big farmer types, bulldozing and battering everyone. Maybe that?

3 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Holy shit, McGuire needs to go for that. Diving in after the whistle.

Well here is the problem with not raising the offside flag immediately. It was obviously going to get pulled back, so why let it carry on and allow a situation to develop where someone could get injured? 

1 minute ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Well here is the problem with not raising the offside flag immediately. It was obviously going to get pulled back, so why let it carry on and allow a situation to develop where someone could get injured? 

You’d be the first moaning if a legitimate goal was ruled out by an early flag. You’re as bad as the plums on BT banging on about it. VAR can’t just be used for correcting Lino’s that have missed an offside, it also corrects decisions where the Lino thinks it’s offside ( for example Gabbi at Wembley ), how do you propose it does that without playing on? 

7 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Yep. Dirty fuckers like McGuire have cottoned on to this. They can take someone out without facing any repercussions.

1 minute ago, LeBizzier69 said:

Nauseating commentary at times, almost trying to make a point of talking up Maguire and Pickford. 

And still blowing Rodriguez, even after they injured his balls with all that fellating they have him earlier in the season.

Edited by OttawaSaint

8 minutes ago, John Boy Saint said:

I’m more amazed that no one has commented on the applemakeyoulookatit  auto correct poor use of English in my  post 😳😜🤪

Lol, fucking Apple. It autocorrects with some really bizarre words and then earlier when I needed help with spelling “repercussions”...crickets!

Edited by OttawaSaint
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

image.png.6c61fd33b72b388e0582998abe66cfc4.png

Absolutely fucking ridiculous.

Said before, offside rule doesn't work with VAR. They need to re-address what in an offside provides an advantage and what doesn't, as it's getting stupid.

Edited by S-Clarke