Other Games - 2020/2021

jamesfp1

4 minutes ago, whelk said:

I think I hate VAR more every week. 

Taters questioning why matey is getting so worked up at Mike Dean after the goal was chalked off - Dean was indicating handball and pointing to his shirt sleeve - Like me I thought T shirt sleeve contact was no longer deemed hand ball.

7 minutes ago, John Boy Saint said:

Taters questioning why matey is getting so worked up at Mike Dean after the goal was chalked off - Dean was indicating handball and pointing to his shirt sleeve - Like me I thought T shirt sleeve contact was no longer deemed hand ball.

The actual rule is below the level of the armpit, if the arm is down by the player’s side.

They’d never base it on the shirt because that can shift and move, as well as be different lengths. Not to mention some players play in long sleeves.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1820123

On 12/11/2020 at 20:17, Matthew Le God said:

It'll be 'God save the king'... like it was for hundreds of years before 1952.

I know you enjoy pedantry, so;

GSTK was written in 1744, first performed in 1745, and didn't become adopted as the National Anthem until the early 1800s. In the middle of 1827 it would have become GSTQ when Princess Alexandrina Victoria of Kent became Queen, and would have stayed as such until 1901 when King Edward 7th succeded her. So it wouldn't have been GSTK for 'hundreds of years before 1952', it has actually been GSTQ for longer. 😉

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Shame Spurs now have a manager who knows how to win trophies. With City in disarray and Liverpool with serious injury problems, they (Spurs) could have a shot at the title this year. It would be amusing if Leicester pip them to it again, although that would make me very jealous of them.

6 minutes ago, igsey said:

This Fulham team is the worst Premier League team I've seen since the last time Fulham were in the Premier League!

WBA astonishingly are even worse, Man U still laboured to beat them though. Fulham should be 3-0 down although Everton look shaky at the back as well. Will end up 3-1 Everton. Reed tidy but not better than we have.

Edit - Fulham score, player that gave away Everton goal. 

I said it would be 3-1 but possibly not after just 34 minutes....

Any kind of movement and Fulham are in all sorts of trouble.

Lemina has been poor, first touch like trapping a bag of cement. Reed tidy but 3-4 yellow shirts around him every time pressing the ball. Wonder how many outstanding transfer fees Fulham have from the £170m spend and their last relegation? Shows you the damage Les and Ross could have done with serious backing. Fulham’s Burley-esque approach to building a back 4 not functioning.

Should have been more there, miskick in front of open goal. More here for Everton if they want it.

Still good to see that some clubs can come up and compete like Wolves and Leeds. But relegation looks so easy to avoid already with likes of Fulham. WBA less shit but not getting any points. 

Notice the three relegated clubs from last season are occupying top spots in Championship. None of whom will do will in PL next.

Has Lemina done anything so far?

15 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

Reid looks to be am important cog in the Fulham team. I have only seen the second half but Calvert Lewin must have had an amazing first half to be MOM.

Current golden boy Isn’t he. At one point in the second half they were raving about a brilliant piece of play when he won a free kick on the half way line for getting a push in the back When holding the ball up, the sort of thing you see Sunday league strikers do every week. They were claiming how brilliant it was, it was most odd

Edited by Turkish

8 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Current golden boy Isn’t he. At one point in the second half they were raving about a brilliant piece of play when he won a free kick on the half way line for getting a push in the back When holding the ball up, the sort of thing you see Sunday league strikers do every week. They were claiming how brilliant it was, it was most odd

Very  glad we didn't  get him. Known bigging up Loftus Cheek too. I Thought he gave the ball away less than Cairney, but that was because  he hardly had a touch.

1 hour ago, SaintBobby said:

Those bottom four are truly dire on what we've seen so far. They still haven't managed a single win between them against any of the other teams. Sheff Utd must have a chance v West Ham though.

The way the bottom 4 are going we could be safe with a couple more wins. 

From 15th upwards in the table there's not much between sides  , going to be a lot of movement in those positions each week. 

25 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Abysmal marking and closing down from the Blades there. Looked nothing like the hard working, well drilled team of last season.

Get the impression Sheff U are good example of team not coping well with behind closed doors football. They look like a side who really need the home crowd factor behind them to generate the energy in their team and help them compete against better technical teams, which they don’t have now.

We play both Fulham and Sheff Utd next month... Probably a fair chance we could continue our run of getting managers 'sacked in the morning'*

*MLG notes: I know, in all probability, it's highly unlikely that more opposition managers get sacked after losing to Saints than to any other team.

Edited by trousers

Just looking at the Pepe/Alioski incident again.  Obviously Pepe lost his head and the red is justified.  Should Alioski also get a yellow for "attempts to deceive the referee by feigning injury"?  Surely no reasonable viewer would believe that dropping, clutching his face was a genuine reaction?  Obviously done cynically to get the game stopped so VAR can have a look.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI7fxXQdeOU&t=1m13s

4 minutes ago, Red said:

How did we lose against Palace

They started the season better than us, but we've improved much more than them since then? #justahunch :)

Handy result tonight though. Keeps Palace 3 points behind us. 

Edited by trousers

West Ham quietly going about their business, 3 points behind us having played,

• Newcastle (H) - L 0-2
  • Arsenal (A) - L 2-1
  • Wolves (H) - W 4-0
  • Leicester (A) - W 0-3
  • Spurs (A) - D 3-3
  • Man City (H) - D 1-1
  • Liverpool (A) - L 2-1
  • Fulham (H) - W 1-0
  • Sheff Utd (A) - W 0-1

Very good return given that fixture list, you've got to say.