Other Games - 2020/2021

jamesfp1

12 hours ago, saintwbu said:

I read earlier Feb 2016 was the last time United, City, Chelsea and Liverpool didn’t win in one weekend. Think that’s the year Leicester won the league...

And Spurs dropping points means the title is back in our own hands ... 😂

16 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Why is getting a bloke in that’s saved every single club he’s managed, seen as “panicking”. 

Agree, but not sure he will take it this time. Been out the PL for a while now, limited trading options in January for players in. Would have to be an ever bigger turnaround than Ralph post Pellegrino, Hughes and Reed.

At least SFC had some PL calibre players which eventually came good under a better manager. Most of WBA’s budget has gone on signing up last season’s loan stars. 

Hughes would probably take it, doubt if Howe would. Nigel Pearson most likely IMO.

Just now, saint1977 said:

Agree, but not sure he will take it this time. Been out the PL for a while now, limited trading options in January for players in. Would have to be an ever bigger turnaround than Ralph post Pellegrino, Hughes and Reed.

At least SFC had some PL calibre players which eventually came good under a better manager. Most of WBA’s budget has gone on signing up last season’s loan stars. 

Hughes would probably take it, doubt if Howe would. Nigel Pearson most likely IMO.

Not really, they’re only 3 points adrift and just took a point off City, having nearly taken points off United and Spurs and were also 3-0 up against Chelsea earlier in the season before blowing it. Gallagher, Diangana, Pereira and Grant are all good players and they have a very good goalkeeper in Johnstone. I really don’t think it’s that big of a job, I think Bilic would’ve still had a decent chance of keeping them up too - we’re only 12/13 games in!

1 minute ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Why is getting a bloke in that’s saved every single club he’s managed, seen as “panicking”. 

Because Billic wasn't actually doing too bad a job with what is arguably the weakest squad in the PL this season (a creditable draw at City last night), and Allardyce is never a good long-term option.

32 minutes ago, saintwbu said:

Not really, they’re only 3 points adrift and just took a point off City, having nearly taken points off United and Spurs and were also 3-0 up against Chelsea earlier in the season before blowing it. Gallagher, Diangana, Pereira and Grant are all good players and they have a very good goalkeeper in Johnstone. I really don’t think it’s that big of a job, I think Bilic would’ve still had a decent chance of keeping them up too - we’re only 12/13 games in!

Agree that harsh on Bilic. I’ve criticised Gao before but can’t remember him pulling the trigger like that remotely when people inside the club felt it was a poor idea. Pulled the trigger on Reed but frankly that was long overdue.

We’ll find if Big Sam can keep them up as John Percy reporting in DT that expected to start in next 48 hours after COVID test and result. They have had Pulis and Megson, who are even bigger dinosaurs 🦕 so the football won’t be a total shock

4 hours ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Because Billic wasn't actually doing too bad a job with what is arguably the weakest squad in the PL this season (a creditable draw at City last night), and Allardyce is never a good long-term option.

They couldn’t care less about long term. They’ve more chance of staying up with Fat Sam than Billic 

WBA appear to agree with you ref Allardyce not being a long term option, given the length of contract.

Would you have wanted to keep Hughes on, given he did well to keep us up with a side that needed shipping out?

4 hours ago, Sheaf Saint said:

23 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

They couldn’t care less about long term. They’ve more chance of staying up with Fat Sam than Billic 

Big Sam is a dinosaur, but I quite like him. Although my view is certainly clouded by the parody Twitter account from a few years ago (Notthebigsam??) - was brilliant.

Will be interesting to see if he can keep them up, and I'll bet Charlie will enjoy the hoofball.

20 hours ago, Sheaf Saint said:

West Brom must be well and truly dreadful if they are resorting to bringing on Charlie Austin as an outlet when they're under the cosh. He was a spent force at PL level 3 years ago, and he's so immobile he can't even get out of his own half when his team are attacking!

20 hours ago, whelk said:

Love the way the BBC is at pains to promote women’s football and lists European scores ahead of the Championship.

Even they can’t be arsed to show the score which must disappoint so many

853406B8-4253-4D78-90D0-654539DBE67E.jpeg

It’s a bit like ‘fake’ news. I see SSN has put the women’s latest scores on the ribbon at the bottom of the screen, and you glance at it and see a score and think what the f..k, and then realise it’s a women’s score going through.....

3 minutes ago, SW5 SAINT said:

It’s a bit like ‘fake’ news. I see SSN has put the women’s latest scores on the ribbon at the bottom of the screen, and you glance at it and see a score and think what the f..k, and then realise it’s a women’s score going through.....

Yes I find it confusing as well but we may have to come to terms with “equality “ !

17 hours ago, SW5 SAINT said:

Sky are worse than the Beeb. Nobody seems to be chiming in about leftie public servants ruling though

I hope Burnley get relegated, they are just pointless and offer nothing. They are just out to kill whatever game they play in and hope for a set piece to bundle something in off Woods head. What a load of crap.

I can't see Sheff U ever moving off the bottom, they are there to stay. It will be a long way back for them I think, after a shocking season like this it often takes clubs a few years to regroup and go again in the Championship.

5 hours ago, skintsaint said:

Amusing the shit Ole gets for their PL form....if Utd win their game in hand they could go 2nd looking at the table.

Would you have him at Southampton.

Would any club in the premier league swap their manager for the Manchester Utd manager.

That’s why he gets shit, he’s a shit manager. In a season where there’s been 5 or 6 times hitting top spot so far, is it some sort of achievement that after somehow failing to progress from a strong position in the champions league, they may go second.