Other Games - 2020/2021

jamesfp1

7 hours ago, skintsaint said:

Amusing the shit Ole gets for their PL form....if Utd win their game in hand they could go 2nd looking at the table.

He's still got Manchester United resources and a Manchester United squad, so beating Sheffield United not that much of an achievement.

He is clearly an appalling manager.

The results he is getting are basically anyone could get.

He's working at the same standards as someone who won the chance to be Man United manager on Jim'll Fix It.

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

He's still got Manchester United resources and a Manchester United squad, so beating Sheffield United not that much of an achievement.

He's working at the same standards as someone who won the chance to be Man United manager on Jim'll Fix It.

He beat Saints. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

If they win their game in hand United will be 2nd in the league, record 10 consecutive away wins, he can't be that bad can he. Seems like a decent bloke as well, much more likeable that Klopp. 

Didn't expect that sort of reaction from my comment bless them, I never said he was a great manager etc. Just find it that amusing after the media hype you would think they are languishing midtable, yet realistically they could be sitting above Spurs and 2 points behind Liverpool if they win their game in hand, which isn't bad seeing as they are having a 'terrible' start to the season. 

F'd the Champs League up though 😄

Watched the Liverpool Spurs game and still don't get all the plaudits being given to Hojbjerg. I made a point of studying his performance and all I saw was a complete and utter donkey summed up in one instance where he was completely outplayed and outpaced by a Liverpool player and embarrassingly clung on to his shirt and wrestled him to the ground for which he was booked. Saw him do very little other than plod about in front of the back four looking like a fish out of water. Spurs are welcome to him.

3 hours ago, jawillwill said:

He beat Saints. 

Covered in my first sentence.

Tactical masterclass of bringing a £200k per week striker off the bench.

Not entirely convinced that beating Southampton is the pinnacle of achievement for a Manchester United manager but fill your boots.

Liverpool have looked nothing more than 'ok' since early this year, imo. They'd already built up their lead in the first half of 2019-2020, they could afford a drop in performances in the 2nd half of the season.

They have been regressing for a while now performance wise, but they are still finding results. But they are no where near as 'invincible' they were in their pomp of 2018-2019 - even more so with the players they've lost through injury.

....Now watch them win 6-0 today 🤣

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, trousers said:

Looks like we're gonna have to settle for 2nd spot this season :(

Would be like my first season I can remember -1983/84 - hopefully it’s Ings rather than Richarlison scoring a late winner in the FA Cup semi final this time at the Emirates 

I notice Watford have sacked yet another manager, he's been there 3 months I think? He was manager of the month last month, god forbid you lose a SINGLE game at Watford.

Apparently they've had 14 managers since 2013 (since those nutjob owners took over).

They need to slide down the leagues now, no way to treat people or manage a football club.

Liverpool are going to win it again, aren't they?

Everyone else are doing a nice job of taking points off each other.

As for the Spurs game, so much for the hype about Bale. No wonder Madrid want him out, he looks terrible

Edited by AlexLaw76

3 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

Still seams to be 0-2 ? 

BTW Liverpool don’t seem to be missing Van Dick !

They did get a second in the end.

Well deserved, Tottenham were dross today. Really poor. Slow and lethargic through the middle. Bale looks like a Champ player atm.

21 minutes ago, captainchris said:

Hojbjerg should be interesting in the post match interview reminding us all what a top team Spurs are and how Leicester tried extra hard because they were playing Spurs who are a ‘top team’ lol 

Shame they couldn’t have done that against Liverpool wasn’t it. I wouldn’t mind Spurs winning the league, but at the same time I really don’t want him to.