Other Games - 2020/2021

27 minutes ago, Badger said:

Oh good, Karen Carney as pundit for the Leeds match.Wonder if she can piss the Leeds fans off a bit more than she has already.

Just assigning her as the pundit for it will probably have done that :lol:

Jeez Man Utd are Uber desperate to win at Burnley - all the dark arts they are applying is like they are whistle blowing all the Magic Circles secrets they are so transparent, and referee Friend for a moment almost had the view of “really is do you think I rode up the river on a bicycle”.

Shaw nearly got a trip to Nando’s before they closed - lucky boy only got a kind yellow.

Fernandes just “booked for whinging” to quote Neville 

Quite entertaining just for the sideshow.

West Brom goalie Sam Johnstone has tested positive for Covid, misses today's games vs Wolves and potentially the next two. This could well be the thing that sends them down, he's been their best player this season and probably won them more points than any other player.

36 minutes ago, igsey said:

West Brom goalie Sam Johnstone has tested positive for Covid, misses today's games vs Wolves and potentially the next two. This could well be the thing that sends them down, he's been their best player this season and probably won them more points than any other player.

I think they are already gone tbh. It's between them and Sheff U for 20th, then a clutch of other teams to battle it out for 18th.

6 hours ago, The Cat said:

Wolves having a tough season so far.

Dunno, just an average season really. They've had a few high flying years, but they're reverting to more of a midtable side whilst they blood some younger players.

They're only 7 points worse off than us. Two wins and they're looking at top 4 again.

Edited by S-Clarke
48 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

That was 90mins I'll never get back. Why do these games always turn out to be some of the worst 'football' matches?

Liverpool look completely shot.

Explains why Mrs JBS switched over to the Ice cobblers - rare for her to switch over from footie.

23 hours ago, adrian lord said:

Shocking match. This is the worst Premiership season for overall quality in recent memory. That a dreadful Man U team are top sums it up. 

Agree. I think the lack of crowds in the grounds is really starting to tell on the players. There seems to be a complacency that you perhaps wouldn't have if 30,000, 40.000 or 50.000 fans are urging you on, or conversely getting on your back if you make a mistake. I'm sure many of the players thrive on the adrenaline a crowd brings. The Liverpool v Man U game was another "top 6" snore fest.  Liverpool apparently had 3 shots on target - Man Utd had 4. When you look at "the talent" on display that's pretty poor by anyone's standards.  

After our game, I just caught the final 15 minutes of the Leicester v Chelsea game, and I can't see anyone stopping Leicester this season. They obviously have a team of very good, experienced pros who know how to totally intimidate the opposition: a bit like the Leeds side of the early 70s. Chelsea just looked scared of them at the end.

32 minutes ago, Nordic Saint said:

I can't see anyone stopping Leicester this season.

We weren't a million miles away from earning a deserved point against them with a depleted squad...

Edited by trousers

We're not even halfway yet and Everton, Chelsea, Leicester, Spurs, Liverpool and the Manchester teams have all topped the table at some point (possibly not Man City?) and been considered as title contenders. Plenty of twists and turns in this title race to go. It would be a very good season to get amongst that group, although I'd personally settle for a Cup Final win ;) 

Not English league I know but just reading that Real Madrid have been knocked out the cup by a team in a regionalised 3rd division, who were down to 10 men. I don’t know enough about the Spanish lower leagues to know who our equivalent of CD Alcoyano is. Biggest upset in Spanish football history apparently.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, bpsaint said:

Not English league I know but just reading that Real Madrid have been knocked out the cup by a team in a regionalised 3rd division, who were down to 10 men. I don’t know enough about the Spanish lower leagues to know who our equivalent of CD Alcoyano is. Biggest upset in Spanish football history apparently.

Not as bad at the 4-0 drubbing by a third tier team a few years back. They actually had Raul and Co playing.