Other Games - 2020/2021

jamesfp1

14 minutes ago, egg said:

All this calling Alexander-Arnold by first name is nauseating. 

He does the same with Dele Alli. Must have a good agent, because he’s on TV as much as that Scott bird. Talking of who, her constant “I’m an Arsenal fan” mantra is getting right on my tits. We know love, give it a rest. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

16 minutes ago, saintquin said:

Is Pogba the most over rated player in the league. Don't remember him playing well against any of the good teams.  

Jenas just gives him MOTM. Guess I'm watching a different game. 

Certainly appears to be.  Even at St Mary's I remember him having a poor game.  Poor passing, getting the ball nicked of him.  Lemina gave him a hard time that day and Strongarm scored twice if I recall.  

Just tuning in for the Everton v Sheff Weds game, with an immense feeling of pride.

My 17yo nephew is making his first appearance in the Everton first team squad for this one - Tyler Onyango. He's been making a big name for himself in the U23s this season and has been knocking on the door of the first team for a while.

Found out yesterday he'll be on the bench, and I'm not expecting him to get on the pitch, but just to see his name on the squad announcement on Twitter is incredible.

Edited by Sheaf Saint
Didn't say what team!
  • Like 10

9 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Just tuning in for the Everton v Sheff Weds game, with an immense feeling of pride.

My 17yo nephew is making his first appearance in the Everton first team squad for this one - Tyler Onyango. He's been making a big name for himself in the U23s this season and has been knocking on the door of the first team for a while.

Found out yesterday he'll be on the bench, and I'm not expecting him to get on the pitch, but just to see his name on the squad announcement on Twitter is incredible.

Congrats! Someone should tell let the geezer/lady who updates the Sky Sports app... :)

Screenshot_20210124-194945.png

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Congratulations! I hope he goes on to have a successful career!

There was someone on here too who had their nephew play regularly for the Saints U23s- but I think he might have got released from the academy now which shows how what these PL players do week in week out are truly the 0.012%

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

He does the same with Dele Alli. Must have a good agent, because he’s on TV as much as that Scott bird. Talking of who, her constant “I’m an Arsenal fan” mantra is getting right on my tits. We know love, give it a rest. 

Dele Alli specifically requested to be known as Dele as he doesn't want any association with his father, or something like that. I assume TAA is referred to as Trent as his surname is a bit of a mouthful. Is there anything that doesn't piss you off? 

12 minutes ago, trousers said:

Screenshot_20210124-214225.png

Absolutely mental seeing him on telly playing in the FA Cup. I bought him his first skills ball as a Xmas present when he was 7!

Thought he did pretty well. Looked calm and composed, always made himself available to receive a pass, and put in a really good tackle towards the end.

In case anyone is wondering, his mum is my sister-in-law, and his dad is from Kenya.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Bet you laughed at her airing that her self esteem took a massive dip and she  lost confidence cos of all the abuse from dickheads who hold your views making her feel lousy about herself. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Absolutely mental seeing him on telly playing in the FA Cup. I bought him his first skills ball as a Xmas present when he was 7!

Thought he did pretty well. Looked calm and composed, always made himself available to receive a pass, and put in a really good tackle towards the end.

In case anyone is wondering, his mum is my sister-in-law, and his dad is from Kenya.

Nice one although I can never like Everton 

• Like 1

Comfortable for West Ham. Even when Palace break in numbers they get it all wrong. 

I guess West Ham's scattergun transfer tactics would eventually come up with a few gems. They look well organised with a good balance of skill, technical ability and power in the team. 

On 23/01/2021 at 11:03, Whitey Grandad said:

The Offside Law is the gift that keeps on giving :)

Carrying on from our discussion yesterday, isn’t this interpretation just a continuation of the old ‘played-on’ consideration? If the moment Mings touches the ball any opponent is free to compete for it despite running back from being well offside doesn’t that amount to the same thing?

The ball wasn’t even under his control before he got tackled.

PGMOL, IFAB, UEFA and the Premier League have now clarified for future scenarios:

"Where a player in an offside position immediately impacts on an opponent who has deliberately played the ball, the match officials should prioritise challenging an opponent for the ball, and thus the offside offence of 'interfering with an opponent by impacting on the opponent's ability to play the ball' should be penalised."

"Accordingly, if a similar situation to the one involving Rodri's impact on Mings occurred in a future match, then the impact would be penalised for offside."

On 24/11/2020 at 09:35, Saint Garrett said:

West Ham quietly going about their business, 3 points behind us having played,

• Newcastle (H) - L 0-2
  • Arsenal (A) - L 2-1
  • Wolves (H) - W 4-0
  • Leicester (A) - W 0-3
  • Spurs (A) - D 3-3
  • Man City (H) - D 1-1
  • Liverpool (A) - L 2-1
  • Fulham (H) - W 1-0
  • Sheff Utd (A) - W 0-1

Very good return given that fixture list, you've got to say. 

Saw it coming personally...

5 hours ago, ChrisPY said:

PGMOL, IFAB, UEFA and the Premier League have now clarified for future scenarios:

"Where a player in an offside position immediately impacts on an opponent who has deliberately played the ball, the match officials should prioritise challenging an opponent for the ball, and thus the offside offence of 'interfering with an opponent by impacting on the opponent's ability to play the ball' should be penalised."

"Accordingly, if a similar situation to the one involving Rodri's impact on Mings occurred in a future match, then the impact would be penalised for offside."

As Kruschev said about the Cuban Missile Crisis, "Reason has prevailed".

What will they do about City's 2nd goal ? Lino flagged but Ref allowed play to go on as per latest guidance , WBA saw flag and more or less stopped defending . VAR said onside so goal stood .

Lino was a yard behind so it would have looked off but she wasn't supposed to flag until move played out , apparently.

20 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

What will they do about City's 2nd goal ? Lino flagged but Ref allowed play to go on as per latest guidance , WBA saw flag and more or less stopped defending . VAR said onside so goal stood .

Lino was a yard behind so it would have looked off but she wasn't supposed to flag until move played out , apparently.

PLay to the whistle.

5 hours ago, East Kent Saint said:

Nothing. First thing you’re taught is play to the whistle. The delaying of flag is designed to stop onside goals being ruled offside. Yesterday’s goal was a perfect illustration of why the rule is in place. The ref saved the Lino’s bacon, had he blown when she flagged, a perfectly good goal would have been ruled out. 

On 24/01/2021 at 19:40, Sheaf Saint said:

He's gonna be on the bench again tonight for their game against Leicester.

Looks like Saturday's cameo in the FA Cup was about more than just giving him a taste of first team football. Ancelotti obviously sees him firmly in his plans now (can't believe I just typed that sentence!)

Incredible. I'm so made up for him. But I also know how hard he has worked to get where he is. He's got a phenomenal attitude on top of his talent. He's gonna go far.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, trousers said:

Burnley coming up on the rails. Dark horse for a top half finish?

I have just seen the 3 minutes of highlights of the Villa v Burnley game. For all I know the other 87 minutes might have been as dull as ditchwater but the clip below is well worth a watch; cracking stuff.

https://www.bt.com/sport/watch/video/clips/2021/january/highlights-burnley-3-2-aston-villa

2 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

For the majority of my football watching life Spurs have been one of the most entertaining teams to watch, what has Jose done to them?

What Jose does to all teams! 

They'll need to come out and play now. They're 0-2 down now.