Other Games - 2020/2021

jamesfp1

8 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

So, Liverpool's central defensive options for the remainder of the season are:

Phillips, Henderson, Fabinho and Williams.

Two kids and two midfielders.

Matip now joins Gomez and Virgil with a long-term ligament injury (ankle ligaments I think)

Si we are losing Ings to Spurs and Vesta to Liverpool? 

29 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

And how much have they won? 

I'm not over 60. Although I do clearly remember Ricardo Villas FA cup goal. I'm talking about teams I have traditionally liked to watch, or more to the point looked forward to seeing us play them in the flesh, generally very entertaining. Some great players / entertainers over the years. I'm not of the Adrian Durham school, what have they one blah blah blah... sack the manager... blah blah blah. PS  Lest we not forget Chas and Dave,  apropos, gercha to you M'Lord D!  

43 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Aren’t West Brom absolutely shite. Fulham should be 4-0 up

If it's true that Maitalnd Niles has a choice of Saints or WBA you'd think it was a foregone conclusion. Unless of course Fat Sam is able to offer a few incentives.

49 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Aren’t West Brom absolutely shite. Fulham should be 4-0 up

They were dreadful first half, no running or pressure on Fulham at all and Lemina played well. Second half he and Fulham invisible, WBA new striker from Galatasaray has made a huge difference with pace and power, set up the second goal. Lemina just hooked for Harrison Reed. Nearly 3-1, Bartley very close having got the equaliser.  

4 minutes ago, Wrensup said:

And just like that Leeds are on the same number of points as us. 

Thats what happens when you back a decent manager with some money (96 million net spend in the summer) compared with our penny pinching (12 million net spend). Ralph may claim to be happy about the self sustainable mantra of the club, but its only a matter of time until he sees clubs passing us and gets persuaded to go elsewhere just like Poch/Koeman

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

Why do people talk about form as if it will last forever. 

I’m looking at the injuries. 

Vestergaard, KWP, Diallo, Walcott, Romeu?, Smallbone. 

Ings and Adams both seem low on Confidence.

Redmond is Redmond. Not been impressed with Bertie this year.

Any injury to JWP or Bednarek and we’re in real trouble...

I follow Lille's games as Fonte was one of my favourite Saints players, and their 1-0 win today takes them 2 points clear at the top of the French League. The central defensive partnership of Fonte and Botman is one of the finest in European football.

In spite of the fact that they were awarded 2 penalties and Neymar scored from both of them, PSG lost this weekend.

French Ligue 1 Table - Football - BBC Sport

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nordic Saint said:

I follow Lille's games as Fonte was one of my favourite Saints players, and their 1-0 win today takes them 2 points clear at the top of the French League. The central defensive partnership of Fonte and Botman is one of the finest in European football.

In spite of the fact that they were awarded 2 penalties and Neymar scored from both of them, PSG lost this weekend.

French Ligue 1 Table - Football - BBC Sport

I see Poch is trying is best to maintain his status as the world's greatest manager who has won sweet F. A. (not counting a recent French Charity Shield).

11 hours ago, Suhari said:

Leicester v Leeds is a decent watch.

I wish we moved the ball as quickly as these 2 teams are.

They do when they have the first team on the pitch and are playing confidently: first half of the last Leicester game.

8 hours ago, Dark Munster said:

I see Poch is trying is best to maintain his status as the world's greatest manager who has won sweet F. A. (not counting a recent French Charity Shield).

There is yet another Saints connection in Ligue 1 as our former head of recruitment, Paul Mitchell, is now the DOF at 4th-placed Monaco. Lille's DOF, Luis Campos, is also outstanding at finding hidden gems in the transfer market, the latest of which is Botman: 

Luis Campos: The Transfer Genius Who Is One of Football's Most Wanted Men | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

Edited by Nordic Saint

20 hours ago, Suhari said:

Leicester v Leeds is a decent watch.

I wish we moved the ball as quickly as these 2 teams are.

Whilst watching that yesterday, took me back to our game when the commentator said where would Leicester be without Vardy (I mentioned in a thread same place we are without Ings) - you could see yesterday Leeds weren't having to keep half an eye out for Albert Steptoes love child lurking to pounce at any given moment on any loose ball.

God, Rio being a cock Womble. “Confused” about the rules even after Peter Walton explained it clearly. If you make a genuine attempt to play the ball, it’s a pen and a yellow. If you don’t make an attempt it’s a pen & red. What’s so hard to understand? Walton also said intent is irrelevant . 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

7 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

God, Rio being a cock Womble. “Confused” about the rules even after Peter Walton explained it clearly. If you make a genuine attempt to play the ball, it’s a pen and a yellow. If you don’t make an attempt it’s a pen & red. What’s so hard to understand? Walton also said intent is irrelevant . 

Surely intent is part of what determines if an attempt is "genuine" or not?