Other Games - 2020/2021

jamesfp1

5 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Am I seeing things? Pogba blatantly kicked the back of his own calf there. 🤨

Never a penalty. What's the point of VAR? Just as biased as the ref on the field. The Sky justification was ridiculous. "The defender was too close to him so Pogba just hit the deck'

Edited by Shroppie

Why have they got halfwits discussing the VAR decision today. Everyone knows that it’s not where the foul starts, if it continues onto the line it’s a pen (as the ex professional ref explained to them). They must be deliberately trying to create controversy, because it’s fucking obvious. Why do they never ever say “ok fair enough I didn’t know that”, it’s always “it’s so confusing” when they’re wrong. Planks. 

4 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Why have they got halfwits discussing the VAR decision today. Everyone knows that it’s not where the foul starts, if it continues onto the line it’s a pen (as the ex professional ref explained to them). They must be deliberately trying to create controversy, because it’s fucking obvious. Why do they never ever say “ok fair enough I didn’t know that”, it’s always “it’s so confusing” when they’re wrong. Planks. 

All commentators and pundits should be made to study for and pass a referee theory test in order to be allowed on air. It is their job to discuss incidents involving the rules of the sport... so they should prove they know the rules they are paid to discuss! 😎

6 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

All commentators and pundits should be made to study for and pass a referee theory test in order to be allowed on air. It is their job to discuss incidents involving the rules of the sport... so they should prove they know the rules they are paid to discuss! 😎

That’s a bit ott, but they should know the basics. They should also listen to the referee in the studio, not act puzzled and say they’re confused. 

1 minute ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

That’s a bit ott, but they should know the basics. They should also listen to the referee in the studio, not act puzzled and say they’re confused. 

They are paid a decent wage, spending a few hours learning, revising the rules and passing a test isn't particularly OTT. Sunday league refs can do it.

I assume the tv payments have been reviewed since Covid but think Leeds would be the most popular pick for a TV game in ordinary circumstances. Yes gets bit yeah yeah when hearing pundits going on about them all the time but they play the game how fans like to watch it. Need more teams like this and Burnley can fck off

41 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

I agree with that.

Is there any basic set of requirements or process for appointing soccer pundits or is it all a carve up between Lineker and his mates MeMe Shearer & Ever-Wrong Wright? Don't get me started on Jermaine Jenas........ expletive deleted.

Sadly none of them seem to have even the faintest idea of English grammar, ostensibly their native language! 

Edited by Charlie Wayman

10 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

I agree with that.

Is there any basic set of requirements or process for appointing soccer pundits or is it all a carve up between Lineker and his mates MeMe Shearer & Ever-Wrong Wright? Don't get me started on Jermaine Jenas........ expletive deleted.

Sadly none of them seem to have even the faintest idea of English grammar, ostensibly their native language! 

None of them speak as poorly as Clinton Morrison, how has the gibbering idiot got a job talking for a living, it’s like getting Stevie Wonder to comment on a painting competition. 

3 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

None of them speak as poorly as Clinton Morrison, how has the gibbering idiot got a job talking for a living, it’s like getting Stevie Wonder to comment on a painting competition. 

Aaa knooow what ya meeeeaaan. 

Great goal by Eze. That is exactly the kind of run we are crying out at Djenepo to do, we know he has it in him but he’s not really trying it anymore.

MLG notes: Yes I know Djenepo scored a great goal against Sheff Utd. Yes I know Sheff Utd are winless and not very good.

1 hour ago, whelk said:

I think Sheffield Utd are definitely in a relegation scrap

They might be if they win their next four consecutive games. I just want them to score so that our proud record of being the only team who couldn’t so so against Palace stays intact.

3 minutes ago, whelk said:

West Brom look worse since Fat Sam has taken over. Certainties to go, 4–0 down now

The bottom 2 aren't putting up much of a fight, it'll be all over by the start of Feb down there.

I see Charlie Austin is still pretending to be a PL footballer.

Edited by S-Clarke

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

The bottom 2 aren't putting up much of a fight, it'll be all over by the start of Feb down there.

Odds looking better for us if there's only 1 relegation spot left.

I reckon we'll be okay.

49 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Always a pleasure to watch Charlie wandering around the pitch pointing to where other players should be , but more comfortable now he's the on field traffic warden at another club.

21 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

I did smile last night Big Sam said”...we don’t have a proven goal scorer up front..” 

How to motivate the pub level player 🙂

• Like 1

On 02/01/2021 at 16:01, OttawaSaint said:

Great goal by Eze. That is exactly the kind of run we are crying out at Djenepo to do, we know he has it in him but he’s not really trying it anymore.

MLG notes: Yes I know Djenepo scored a great goal against Sheff Utd. Yes I know Sheff Utd are winless and not very good.

Amazed there wasn't more interest in Eze (maybe there was), he's a very talented young player and they paid a relatively decent price for him.  Great signing for them.

10 minutes ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Amazed there wasn't more interest in Eze (maybe there was), he's a very talented young player and they paid a relatively decent price for him.  Great signing for them.

My Boss is a QPR season ticket holder (I was sat alongside him when Mane scored the winner at the death in our last game up there - thankfully as Mane got the ball he muttered "oh dear here we go" so I was able sit on my hands and curb my spontaneous glee - which was a good thing as the chap sitting behind me had eaten his family for breakfast that morning!!).......... Anyway I digress, he was so pleased last season when the transfer window shut and Eze was still with them. Like you I was amazed that he ended up at Palace as after a stuttering start to his QPR career, last season it seemed to click for him, and £17m could well turn out to be a bargain. I am quite surprised at how little Roy has used him, but then I guess there is quite a bit more to be squeezed out of £32m Benteke.

On 04/01/2021 at 12:22, Jeremy Corbyn said:

I seem to remember there was lots of interest but he didn't want to move away from London.

Has Ian Darke taken on the role of depressing the football watching nation? He, in his whiney- baby voice, likes to talk about covid for 20 minutes of every commentary. Step down mate, hide under your bed, do whatever you want, but stop spoiling one of the rare opportunities to escape from the shit that surrounds us. And as for Dean Ashton calling for the suspension of all football on TalkSPORT last night, go and do one. You live in a different world to the rest of us, those of us continuing to fight the good fight need an escape which football provides.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

Has Ian Darke taken on the role of depressing the football watching nation? He, in his whiney- baby voice, likes to talk about covid for 20 minutes of every commentary. Step down mate, hide under your bed, do whatever you want, but stop spoiling one of the rare opportunities to escape from the shit that surrounds us. And as for Dean Ashton calling for the suspension of all football on TalkSPORT last night, go and do one. You live in a different world to the rest of us, those of us continuing to fight the good fight need an escape which football provides.

What if you support Sheffield United? ;) 

Not sure they are enjoying their escape!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Toussaint said:

Isn't Ian Darke a skate supporter?