Other Games - 2020/2021

jamesfp1

West Ham 2 Villa 1.

Jack Grealish: An undoubted footballing talent, but his diving and play-acting makes him look nothing but a complete and utter knob! I should imagine if he ever goes to a supermarket and someone enters the same aisle as him, he'll go down claiming their trolley hit him. Does he walk around at home just falling over? And don't the referees watch videos of games? Can't they see that every week he is cheating them into giving fouls. Other Villa players are starting to do it as well.  He should give up give up football and take up diving. He's better than Tom Daly. 

Anyway - I've attached the Jack Grealish training video available at all good retailers this Christmas.

14 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

West Ham 1-0 against United, wonder if they’ll bottle it like we did

They're playing better than we did at any point - and that's not even saying much.

Doubt West Ham will run out of gas after an hour while the manager shrugs his shoulders and just accepts there's nothing he can do to change the momentum of the game.

20 minutes ago, qwertyell said:

They're playing better than we did at any point - and that's not even saying much.

Doubt West Ham will run out of gas after an hour while the manager shrugs his shoulders and just accepts there's nothing he can do to change the momentum of the game.

Utd are playing far worse than they did against us. 2-0 up flattered us.

nice finish by Pogba

9 minutes ago, LeG said:

Anyone watching the chelsea game? Their fans are embarrassing. Why are they cooing like kids at a pantomime? Gah.

Our lot will just grumble and the players will wilt! 

Yes. You all the hype about Leeds they’re not that great, can’t defend need  about 20 chances to score. 

Chelsea fans used to be good but turning into another arsenal 

Edited by Turkish

13 hours ago, LeG said:

Anyone watching the chelsea game? Their fans are embarrassing. Why are they cooing like kids at a pantomime? Gah.

The Leeds centre half went down with a girly scream when he was hardly touched. Because of that every time he received the ball Chelsea fans were making a girly scream. Not the greatest bit of “banter” but the sort of thing every set of fans do, including ours. 

5 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I doubt their fans have ever not been worried, since the moment they got promoted. It’s going to be a long season for that bottom four.

If Burnley can keep their back 5 fit then I think it’ll quickly become a bottom three. Reckon we could have rehired Pellegrino in the summer and be comfortably safe this year.

9 hours ago, OttawaSaint said:

PSG match will resume from the 13th minute tomorrow after both teams walked off after a 4th official referred to the Istanbul assistant coach as “that black guy” in Romanian. 

The word for black in Romanian is negru, so that may be the problem?

Don't you just love the BBC. Longest injury time ever :)

Paris Saint Germain0Istanbul Basaksehir0

45' +1266

Edited by Weston Saint
  • Haha 3

On 24/11/2020 at 09:35, Saint Garrett said:

West Ham quietly going about their business, 3 points behind us having played,

• Newcastle (H) - L 0-2
  • Arsenal (A) - L 2-1
  • Wolves (H) - W 4-0
  • Leicester (A) - W 0-3
  • Spurs (A) - D 3-3
  • Man City (H) - D 1-1
  • Liverpool (A) - L 2-1
  • Fulham (H) - W 1-0
  • Sheff Utd (A) - W 0-1

Very good return given that fixture list, you've got to say. 

Another win tonight. Will be pushing top 6 this season for sure. Declan Rice is a superb player. 

Leeds are always very entertaining to watch and I look forward to their games but, like most newly promoted teams, after making a promising start, they are getting dragged down into a relegation battle. They are probably the only one of the 3 promoted teams that will stay up but not by much. 

34 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Another win tonight. Will be pushing top 6 this season for sure. Declan Rice is a superb player. 

West Ham have spent a lot in the transfer market, which they can afford to do because they were gifted a big stadium by the nation but their key player, for me, this season has been Souček. He really has been superb. I think we'll finish above them though as we have a better manager and better team. They don't have a striker in the same class as Danny Ings.

11 minutes ago, Nordic Saint said:

Leeds are always very entertaining to watch and I look forward to their games but, like most newly promoted teams, after making a promising start, they are getting dragged down into a relegation battle. They are probably the only one of the 3 promoted teams that will stay up but not by much. 

They are poor at defending set pieces and need a lot of chances to score a few goals.

10 minutes ago, Nordic Saint said:

The hype around them when they came up was insane. Talk of them challenging the top 6, Bielsa nominated from European coach of the year or something. I’m one of the few that has soft spot for Leeds but there was no way they were going to be anywhere near the top 6, even most of their fans admitted that.

12 hours ago, Nordic Saint said:

They are a bottom half side (At the moment), with a genuine foundation to build upon. Agree, the hype at the start around them was silly (I even saw some comparing them to Leicester's title win).

Whilst they are fun to watch, defensively they are pretty diabolical - from open play and set pieces. Easy to score against them, just need to take your chances - you will get plenty against them every game. If the goals dry up for Bamford (which they are doing, as he's pretty limited...he had a bit of a purple patch) they will get sucked down the table.

They need Rodrigo to start settling in and popping up with some goals.