Other Games - 2020/2021

jamesfp1

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Just to clarify when you said it took less than 35 points the last 4 seasons you were absolutely not suggesting that this season would be the same, right?

You avoided the question (again) and try taking it off on a tangent. 🙄

You are unable to tell the difference between questions and claims. So it is no surprise you can't grasp how burden of proof works. 

2 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

You avoided the question (again) and try taking it off on a tangent. 🙄

You are unable to tell the difference between questions and claims. So it is no surprise you can't grasp how burden of proof works. 

All over the place as usual. :lol:

go on pretend it was a typo again :lol: 

1 hour ago, LiberalCommunist said:

CBfry

LLLLLLDLLL

Record breaking form. 

Worst injury hit season I can ever remember.

Awful run of ref decisions going against us.

But, as I've said before, win Saturday and we're smiling. No need to be so condescending. 

Yes, and if you sincerely believe that run of defeats is going to carry on and on for a further 12 games, it makes jack shit difference whether Fulham win or not.

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

🙄

- the difference between questions & claims

- Burden of proof being on the person making a claim, not those asking questions about it

Bedtime reading for Turkish

Good Night GIF by CBeebies HQ

you made a stupid comment and got pulled up on it, now trying to wriggle out of it. 

Chat shit get banged bruv

If Fulham go down there are a few players who will generate interest starting with Anderson the centre back. I wouldn't mind us going in for the left back Robinson who would fit us well - maybe they'll take Bertrand in part exchange 😄

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

It wasn't stupid. I'm not wriggling. I'm explaining primary school level stuff to a middle aged man.

Yes it was. An incredible silly comment and you know it, which is why rather than backing yourself and continuing he discussion you first denied it then You’ve started banging on about burdens of proof trying to detract from what you originally said. Another day another MLG horror show. You’re in worse form than saints! :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

I'm relatively new here, do Mr Le God and Mr Turkey always go on like this?

You’ll soon work out that MLGs raison de’etre on here is to go around correcting people, yet do It to him he gets incredible upset. Exhibit A, this thread 

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

Fulham have blown a great chance in their last two games. Played quite well I thought, unlucky if anything.

Agree, I thought they were the better side for periods against Spurs and very unlucky to come away with nothing.

55 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

I did not say it did. I asked what about this season makes him think 35 points won't be enough as he claimed. Turkish yet again confused by the burden of proof.

Sorry to intervene in a private row, but the reason is simple. Although they're struggling to win games, Fulham are playing well. They will win 3/4 games and draw a few. More than 35 points.

Newcastle and Brighton may actually struggle more but to get to 36 they need 10 points from 11 games, which, in my opinion, they probably will.  

4 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

Sorry to intervene in a private row, but the reason is simple. Although they're struggling to win games, Fulham are playing well. They will win 3/4 games and draw a few. More than 35 points.

Newcastle and Brighton may actually struggle more but to get to 36 they need 10 points from 11 games, which, in my opinion, they probably will.  

Isn't it 10 points from 12 games?

11 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

But you don't think we can get six (or seven) points in twelve? 

5 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Mid January I would have laughed at the suggestion of not averaging a point a game for the rest of the season. Now I just can't see how the losing will stop

6 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Yes I do. But that will mean we have at least 36 or 37 points. Which, as a maths graduate, I recognise is more than 35, which was the number I predict may be insufficient.

1 hour ago, LiberalCommunist said:

CBfry

LLLLLLDLLL

Record breaking form. 

Worst injury hit season I can ever remember.

Awful run of ref decisions going against us.

But, as I've said before, win Saturday and we're smiling. No need to be so condescending. 

Don't worry, form is temporary, class is permanent.

24 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

It’s not a private row, rather than argue his point and being carried out on his shield like a warrior MLG bottled it and started deflecting going on about burdens of proof and trying to be patronising like the snivelling little pussy clot he is like he always does when he knows he’s wrong. 

you’re right by the way

10 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

Yes I do. But that will mean we have at least 36 or 37 points. Which, as a maths graduate, I recognise is more than 35, which was the number I predict may be insufficient.

Good, me too: which takes me back to my original point that it doesn't matter to us what Fulham did tonight. We'll get the points we need.

But I'll leave it there because you played a significant role about a year ago: my last trip on a train, and my last trip to London, my last away match.

And I remain grateful for that!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

To change the subject, how ridiculous and manipulated was that VAR offside against Chelsea?

It's dogshit. It can't possibly be as difficult to implement as our officials are making it look. They've taken "in line" out of the game, based on technology that isn't fit for purpose.

Put the fucking lines away and use your eyes. If the attacker is obviously offside, you'll see it. If he isn't obviously offside - the old "in line" or "it's tight" - then stick with the on field decision, whatever it was.

The position of armpits - which you can't score with anyway - being forensically pored over is the antithesis of football.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, qwertyell said:

It's dogshit. It can't possibly be as difficult to implement as our officials are making it look. They've taken "in line" out of the game, based on technology that isn't fit for purpose.

Put the fucking lines away and use your eyes. If the attacker is obviously offside, you'll see it. If he isn't obviously offside - the old "in line" or "it's tight" - then stick with the on field decision, whatever it was.

The position of armpits - which you can't score with anyway - being forensically pored over is the antithesis of football.

What if the official thought it was offside, but VAR shows it was onside? 

18 minutes ago, qwertyell said:

This. Absolutely. They're using technology way beyond its margins of error.

• Like 1

Just now, Teddeer said:

Agree, absolutely ridiculous. Kante should have his arms by his side otherwise it's a penalty.

It’s mental how the officials can get it so wrong. VAR is really highlighting how incompetent the refs are, for years they have hidden behind excuses like they couldn’t see it or the game is so quick, give them video replays, slow mo and multiple angles and they still can’t do their job correctly.

4 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Even Carraghar said it would have been a harsh decision.

What do people want, every time the ball hits the arm it’s a free kick, or the ref & VAR deciding if “in their opinion” it’s handball. For all your moaning, you can’t have it both ways. 

There is no excuse for that amount of inconsistency. Bertrand was about the same distance away, the ball was struck harder at Bertrand, Bertrand was facing away from the ball whereas Kante was looking at it, Bertrand’s hand was closer to his side than Kante’s.

VAR is fine it’s the people using it that are useless.

Edited by aintforever
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, aintforever said:

There is no excuse for that amount of inconsistency. Bertrand was about the same distance away, the ball was struck harder at Bertrand, Bertrand was facing away from the ball whereas Kante was looking at it, Bertrand’s hand was closer to his side than Kante’s.

VAR is fine it’s the people using it that are useless.

What do you want officials to do, refer back to the Ryan Bertrand handball and then judge subsequent ones against that. To have consistency, you have to have defending handballs ruled the same as attacking handballs, that is, hits hand it’s a handball. We had one like that earlier against Fulham , and we had more moaning and fucking groaning on social media  about that. Referees have always been inconsistent as they’re different people, who see things differently. 

You do realise VAR stands for video assistant referee, therefore nobody is “using it”? 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

8 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

What do you want officials to do, refer back to the Ryan Bertrand handball and then judge subsequent ones against that. To have consistency, you have to have defending handballs ruled the same as attacking handballs, that is, hits hand it’s a handball. We had one like that earlier against Fulham , and we had more moaning and fucking groaning on social media  about that. Referees have always been inconsistent as they’re different people, who see things differently. 

You do realise VAR stands for video assistant referee, therefore nobody is “using it”? 

We all know what VAR stands for, I obviously meant the use of video is fine it’s just the idiots using it that are the problem.

If the ball being struck from close range hitting a hand in an unnatural position is classed as handball then Kante’s and Bertrand’s was - there is no logical reason why Bertrand’s was and Kante’s wasn’t. It’s either lazyness, incompetence or cheating by the officials.

2 minutes ago, aintforever said:

It’s either lazyness, incompetence or cheating by the officials.

Dear god. How do you explain Jamie Carraghar, a die hard biased Liverpudlian saying he didn’t think it was a pen? 

Here’s what happened, the referee in our game thought it was a pen, and a different referee, refereeing a different game, didn’t think a different incident was a pen. In both cases another referee reviewed it, and didn’t think there was an error. It’s not cheating or a conspiracy, it’s an opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1