Other Games - 2020/2021

jamesfp1

I'm sure every team in the Prem would be delighted to face the City side Pep has put out tonight. They have not clicked at all, look disjointed and totally ordinary. Brighton and Newcastle fans will be seething. Every chance Fulham could take 3 points here unless Pep makes some major changes for the second half. Parker can't believe his luck - last week a lethargic Liverpool and now a City team devoid of cohesion and ideas.

34 minutes ago, Teddeer said:

I'm sure every team in the Prem would be delighted to face the City side Pep has put out tonight. They have not clicked at all, look disjointed and totally ordinary. Brighton and Newcastle fans will be seething. Every chance Fulham could take 3 points here unless Pep makes some major changes for the second half. Parker can't believe his luck - last week a lethargic Liverpool and now a City team devoid of cohesion and ideas.

Three nil to City

4 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

Win on Sunday and this leaves us 10 clear with a game in hand.

I fancy our chances of survival then as you only realistically need to win 2 more while they need to win 60% of theres.

Yes, it is totally in our hands with the games we've got coming up.

If we screw up then frankly we'd deserve to go down!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teddeer said:

🤣🤣 Melt !!

Glad to see City reserves decided to break sweat in the second half - Pep must have had a word. Fulham were awful. Imagine how many the City team that we faced would have scored tonight - Mahrez, De Bruyne, Foden, Gundogan would have filled their boots.

1 minute ago, Dorchester Saint said:

🤣🤣 Melt !!

Melt nothing - I stand by my comments which were made based on how City played in the first half. Saints might well have got at least a point against that team and certainly wouldn't have lost by 5-2.

19 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

I fancy our chances of survival then as you only realistically need to win 2 more while they need to win 60% of theres.

After tomorrow we wouldnt have a game in hand. But a win tomorrow would essentially seal the deal for us. 39 points will be enough and with the likes of Palace, Burnley and West Brom to come we'll pick up 3 points there no worries. Thats the players incentive tomorrow, win and we close the door on Brighton, Newcastle and Fulham - making it a three way fight if it wasnt already. We can then turn our focus to the FA Cup

22 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

Absolutely batshit insane that people still think we need to win three games to stay up.

Fulham, Brighton and Newcastle on a barnstorming surge to 42 points plus are they? Okay then.

For Fulham to get to 42 requires top six form for the rest of the season. Fulham, who have 26 points and 22 goals from 29 games. Mental.

2 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Absolutely batshit insane that people still think we need to win three games to stay up.

Fulham, Brighton and Newcastle on a barnstorming surge to 42 points plus are they? Okay then.

For Fulham to get to 42 requires top six form for the rest of the season. Fulham, who have 26 points and 22 goals from 29 games. Mental.

😂

9 hours ago, CB Fry said:

Sorry to disappoint you but teams fighting for there lives often do turn into top 6 form.

Saints did this so often during our proper relegation battles.

The thing in our favour is not all 3 teams (Brighton, Newcastle and Fulham) will grind those results but I reckon two of them will.

Watched Newcastle vs Leicester the other day and the players were smashing into tackles. Think them and Brighton will step it up another level for sure.

59 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

Sorry to disappoint you but teams fighting for there lives often do turn into top 6 form.

Saints did this so often during our proper relegation battles.

The thing in our favour is not all 3 teams (Brighton, Newcastle and Fulham) will grind those results but I reckon two of them will.

Watched Newcastle vs Leicester the other day and the players were smashing into tackles. Think them and Brighton will step it up another level for sure.

You think two from Brighton, Newcastle and Fulham will get to 42 points? Fair enough see you in May.

And worth saying if you think one won't get there, then that team will be relegated right? So 42 not required after all. As I said.

Edited by CB Fry

16 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

You think two from Brighton, Newcastle and Fulham will get to 42 points? Fair enough see you in May.

And worth saying if you think one won't get there, then that team will be relegated right? So 42 not required after all. As I said.

I don't think any of those three will get anywhere near that total. Like a lot have said, we will be fine this season, it's next season we need to be concerned about.

38 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

I don't think any of those three will get anywhere near that total. Like a lot have said, we will be fine this season, it's next season we need to be concerned about.

I can only do one season at a time. So (too) many unknowns for next season.

20 minutes ago, obelisk said:

Leicester play in a similar stadium to Saints. Apart from that they're in a different universe. Is it really too much to hope that Saints might aspire to similar heights?

Maybe if we get lucky with ownership. If we're stuck with Gao then sadly we will be in the Championship sooner rather than later, it feels inevitable.

Rui Patricio just picked up what unfortunately looks to be a serious injury from his own defender.

That'll open up yet another can of worms with VAR. Lino would have flagged offside (he did when play stopped) but play was allowed to continue and opened the opportunity for the injury to happen.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

Rui Patricio just picked up what unfortunately looks to be a serious injury from his own defender.

That'll open up yet another can of worms with VAR. Lino would have flagged offside (he did when play stopped) but play was allowed to continue and opened the opportunity for the injury to happen.

This nonsense VAR directive has to stop. Bad injuries is obviously the worst possible consequence as has been seen tonight.

28 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

To be fair, it wouldn't have made any difference. The whistle was blown about 1 second after the collision, it wasn't the fault of VAR for allowing it to continue.

But I'd agree the delay generally in other situations can lead to those situations. But I don't think VAR did anything wrong here, the collision would have happened had it been flagged off earlier anyway.

But all academic anyway, Rui is fine. No issues. Probably a bad headache!

Edited by S-Clarke

42 minutes ago, The Cat said:

2 absolute belters from Orsic in that game. Spurs were bloody awful.

Dare I say they were actually missing Hojbjerg tonight sitting in front of their defence.  Was enjoyable to watch though.

Edited by 64saint

2 hours ago, The Cat said:

2 absolute belters from Orsic in that game. Spurs were bloody awful.

Decent side Zagreb, good seeing teams from Croatia,  Czech Republic into the last 8, makes a change.