Other Games - 2020/2021

jamesfp1

3 minutes ago, Teddeer said:

Watch the highlights again. Free kick in the first half just outside the penalty area he wasn't even touched. Handbags incident he felt a cuff on the back of the head, there was a moment of delay, then he threw himself to the ground clutching his head as though a sniper had shot him - obviously trying to get the player sent off. Also moaned to the ref every time he lost the ball. Great player but wants it all his own way.

I watched the game, he was being fouled all game and that swing by the Leicester player onto the back of his head deserved a red card.

Referee was not protecting him at all.

21 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

I watched the game, he was being fouled all game and that swing by the Leicester player onto the back of his head deserved a red card.

Referee was not protecting him at all.

Red card offence 🤣

23 minutes ago, Teddeer said:

Red card offence 🤣

He was barged from behind , had an arm wrapped round his head then clipped on the back of the head ! No wonder he complained!! Re free kick , the defender just caught his right foot as he shot , you could just see it on replay but was it a foul ?

2 hours ago, East Kent Saint said:

He was barged from behind , had an arm wrapped round his head then clipped on the back of the head ! No wonder he complained!! Re free kick , the defender just caught his right foot as he shot , you could just see it on replay but was it a foul ?

From a different angle I saw nobody was close to fouling De Bruyne as he shot. Don't get me wrong, I love watching him play. He is so brilliant he doesn't need to try to con the ref, try to get opponents sent off or whine for a free kick every time he loses the ball. 

Is it just me who feels physically sick 🤮when Dave Jones (sky presenter)noshes off Graeme cockwomble souness every time they are live ... can’t stand watching sky anymore..souness ..wot a proper prick !!✊🏻💦💦..thinks he’s current .. fucking dinosaur!

• Like 1

Another piss poor result for Fulham that.

That's the last two games they've had a chance of getting out of the bottom 3 - at home to Leeds and away to Villa. They didn't take either.

They won't get many more opportunities like that in a season. Pretty disastrous last two results for them, all being told. Not the final nail, but it's not too far away.

But I think this has certainly rubber stamped it to between Newcastle and Fulham, hopefully it comes down to that last game as for pure entertainment that would be an absolute whopper.

Edited by S-Clarke

3 minutes ago, DT said:

Could do with Brighton not being so bloody good

Looks like being one of the worst weekends of the season for Fulham. Could be curtains for them soon.

I hope Newcastle continue their shitness though, as it will make the end of the season interesting.

• Like 2

Just now, LiberalCommunist said:

Mike Dean should have booked the Brighton player for that challenge on Bruno in the build up to Utd's goal. Just because Utd scored, does not mean that the reckless challenge goes unpunished. 

Cough Bertrand cough

Mike Dean really shouldn’t be allowed to officiate. Incompetent. 

Looking at their remain fixtures I can see it being a winner takes it all on the last day. Fulham v Newcastle. Newcastle have a horrendous run now up until their penultimate game 

Edited by Turkish

On 07/12/2020 at 18:34, Matthew Le God said:

He does not have potential. He turns 28 years old next week and is well... a bit shit.

On 07/12/2020 at 18:32, Matthew Le God said:

He turns 28 years old in a week and wouldn't get in our starting line-up. 

On 07/12/2020 at 18:19, egg said:

Average player. No, no and never. 

On 07/12/2020 at 18:34, HarvSFC said:

No chance, never really shown any footballing ability, barring a brief purple patch in 2017-18 where he scored 13 in all comps through being in the right place at the right time. More interested in the Celebrity lifestyle and social media followings of being a footballer (like Dele Alli) and didn't really turn too many heads in his Championship loans when he was coming through. Would've been discarded a long time ago by United if he didn't come through the academy.

On 07/12/2020 at 18:34, Turkish said:

That someone isn’t Jesse Lingard

On 07/12/2020 at 18:37, Lighthouse said:

If Lingard had been putting in such consistently mediocre performances for a club which wasn’t Man Utd, would you want to sign him? 

On 07/12/2020 at 19:45, Instant Classic said:

No. No thank you. I don't see an attribute of his that at least one of our players isn't better at.

On 07/12/2020 at 20:52, S-Clarke said:

He's a Championship level player.

Purple patch game him his moment in the sun with England, but he's no better than Championship really.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, nta786 said:

Fair play to WHU, get your transfers right plus with some shrewd signings you can have an amazing season. Plus value of their players will only skyrocket if they continue like this, 

I'll give credit to Lingard who's playing decent - some of us wrote him off last November: https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/topic/58314-january-2021-transfer-window/page/4/ 

He's been brilliant so far tonight. That run to set up the 3rd goal, where he had 5 Wolves players all trying to stop him, reminded me of Channon at his absolute best about 50 years ago. Lingard's goals and assists could well clinch West Ham a Champions League place. 

32 minutes ago, nta786 said:

Fair play to WHU, get your transfers right plus with some shrewd signings you can have an amazing season. Plus value of their players will only skyrocket if they continue like this, 

I'll give credit to Lingard who's playing decent - some of us wrote him off last November: https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/topic/58314-january-2021-transfer-window/page/4/ 

I still think we've got a better team than they have on paper.

Moyes is using a system that plays to the strengths of all the players as a unit.

If we take one of Walker-Peters or Ings out of our team, we can't play our system and there isn't another one.

And this goes from u'18's right through to the first team.

39 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

There'd be some point to you dredging up posts from months ago if you were saying back then that he'd be a good signing. Don't get me wrong, you may have done, but I ain't bothering to look. 

7 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

Jeez, hadn’t realised just how bad wolves recent form has been.

I did. They were pretty awful at SMS as well until a shocker from Graham Scott let them back in and they woke up. A lot of speculation in that part of the world that Nuno will walk at season end whilst his stock is high. With the Chinese government pushing hard to cut back investment top level football, be interesting to see if Fosun maintain their prior high levels of investment. Still a very good squad but they have missed Jota and Jimenez. 

Mind you, at least they have Chinese owners who actually appeared to have the ability and scope to invest in the first place.

3 hours ago, saint1977 said:

I did. They were pretty awful at SMS as well until a shocker from Graham Scott let them back in and they woke up. A lot of speculation in that part of the world that Nuno will walk at season end whilst his stock is high. With the Chinese government pushing hard to cut back investment top level football, be interesting to see if Fosun maintain their prior high levels of investment. Still a very good squad but they have missed Jota and Jimenez. 

Mind you, at least they have Chinese owners who actually appeared to have the ability and scope to invest in the first place.

Neves will head off this summer too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, skintsaint said:

Neves will head off this summer too.

They do seem open to selling their star players , strange set up as Wolves were on course to join the top 8, stadium expansion as well adding infrastructure.  

Who else in the Premier league is owned by the Chinese?

11 hours ago, Jimmy_D said:

Can’t be often a team will let 3-0 leads slip in back to back games, but West Ham in danger of that here

Interesting that at the start of the season most Hammers fans were up in arms about David Moyes, the Board and the team generally.

Bournemouth beat them 7-0 in a pre season friendly and there was a sluggish start to the League campaign.

Look at them now chasing a Champions League spot!!