Other Games - 2020/2021

jamesfp1

Just now, SaintBobby said:

This Fulham v Wolves match is dire.

That offside against Wolves was a joke.

How are they drawing those lines?...I want Fulham to win as I'd rather they stayed up than any other team but that wolves goal wasn't offside, even in the freeze frame ffs.

6 hours ago, saint lard said:

If it means relegation for the toon....I’m happy. 

Agreed. I’d happily see them go down. The fawning over them in the media, the bollocks about Charlie Austin should go there because the Geordies love a striker, which club doesn’t? The instance that despite one half decent period in 50 years they’re a massive club who should be challenging the top

That's pretty much a nail in the coffin for Fulham that one. 

Newcastle can't believe their luck!

So, what's that - 10 points clear, 2 games in hand. Let's start offering contracts now. Safe as houses, as we always were.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

Bye bye Fulham. Quality from Traore who hasn’t had the best of seasons, keeper might have done a bit better. Fulham were lucky on the offside earlier but haven’t shown the drive and desire to have a go at Wolves, will be down well before they play Newcastle last day. Should have been balls out, as limited as the Saints side were in the mid and late 90s bar MLT, they won those crunch games. 

1 minute ago, CB Fry said:

Fulham unstoppable again I see.

Any nutcases left in the "40 points won't be enough this season" brigade now? 

Fulham can only get a maximum of 44 points now, and they still have Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal to play - away.

Feels like they're gone now tbh. I reckon 34 points is enough, easily.

9 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Fulham can only get a maximum of 44 points now, and they still have Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal to play - away.

4 straight losses for them after the Anfield win.

6 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

4 straight losses for them after the Anfield win.

I'm kinda hoping/expecting WBA to have the same 'after the lord mayors show' effect, starting with our game so we can move even further to the top half on Monday.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I don’t know, Newcastle have got a horrible run in then have Fulham away last day can’t see them getting too many points. Hopefully it’ll go to the final game. Their run in is

burnley A

West ham H

Liverpool A

Arsenal H

Leicester A 

man city H

Sheffield United H

fulham A

Just now, Turkish said:

I don’t know, Newcastle have got a horrible run in then have Fulham away last day can’t see them getting too many points. Hopefully it’ll go to the final game. Their run in is

burnley A

West ham H

Liverpool A

Arsenal H

Leicester A 

man city H

Sheffield United H

fulham A

Next 2 games crucial for Newcastle. Two wins in those (it's not beyond the realms of possibility) and Fulham are pretty much done for. Like you, I kinda hope it doesn't pan out like that as it would equal an epic final game.

• Like 1

Just now, S-Clarke said:

Next 2 games crucial for Newcastle. Two wins in those (it's not beyond the realms of possibility) and Fulham are pretty much done for. Like you, I kinda hope it doesn't pan out like that as it would equal an epic final game.

One win and it’s highly unlikely, a 5 point gap with 6 games left is a massive order given their fixtures. As shit as Newcastle are they’ve got enough about them to beat Sheffield United which would mean Fulham would need 8 more points from 6 games, never going to happen. They’ve still got a chance. Hope it goes to the last game to at least give a little bit of interest, the league will be long done by then and I’m not interested in the fight for fourth.

1 hour ago, JustinSFC said:

That is a cruel blow to Fulham and really feel for Scott Parker there, that has to hurt.

I wanted Fulham to win tonight as I'd like to see them stay up but I think that's really going to suck it out them for their remaining games.

I like Fulham and a couple of mates support them but I don’t rate Parker at all. He underachieved with them last season. Yes he just about got them promoted but he should have smashed that league with the players they had. They’ve made some decent signings this season and with that squad are still underachieving. Still, some good players to potentially pilfer if required...Robinson for one.

Sadly they look doomed this season. When was the last time the bottom 3 was decided long before the end of the season? (Assuming the bottom 3 now are the bottom 3 come May of course...)

4 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

I like Fulham and a couple of mates support them but I don’t rate Parker at all. He underachieved with them last season. Yes he just about got them promoted but he should have smashed that league with the players they had. They’ve made some decent signings this season and with that squad are still underachieving. Still, some good players to potentially pilfer if required...Robinson for one.

Sadly they look doomed this season. When was the last time the bottom 3 was decided long before the end of the season? (Assuming the bottom 3 now are the bottom 3 come May of course...)

What manager do you rate? Just asking like 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Toadhall Saint said:

What manager do you rate? Just asking like 

In the Championship? Plenty. Farke at Norwich is doing great things on a limited budget for instance, although as my second team (as my wife and all my in-laws are from Norwich and support them) I follow them a bit more closely. Hopefully his hands aren't as tied in the summer and they are able to bring in a few players of quality to do better than they did last time. Ismael and Paunovic have got their teams playing above expectations too, and Cooper at Swansea has done a great job bearing in mind the high turnover of players since they got relegated. I appreciate Parker is still cutting his teeth in the job, but with the players they signed this season and the team they had last season, I still think they should be doing better.

Oh, and I'm a Ralph fan too. 😀

11 hours ago, SNSUN said:

I'm not sure he's underachieved per se.

They're Fulham, they're Norwich with a few more quid.

Just seen a few debates going on about yesterdays wolves "offside" decision that I'd completely forgotten about when I made that post and considering that, Fulham should have lost the match anyway, if that goal had stood last night, Wolves would have probably gone on to win that pretty comfortably.

That VAR decision last night was the worst decision I've seen all season for offside and I include Danny Ings V Aston Villa in that, Ings was was miles offside in that match compared to that last night and we're talking the cloth of Danny's shirt even at that.

• Like 1

The logic now with these VAR reviews of tackles seems to be “well that looks bad on the slow mo replay so he has to go”, no account taken of the overall situation in real life speed. That one shouldn’t be a red, he clearly had full intent to play the ball and did so, just caught the player in the follow through. Poor use of VAR yet again.

• Like 1

Good effort by Leeds that.

A very huff and puff performance by Man City, they didn't really create anything of note. They just kept the ball a lot. I'd only call it daylight robbery if City were creating chance after chance, hitting the bar, and then the oppo nick one on the break. But City didn't really create anything.

24 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Barnsley continue their charge and consolidate their place in the playoffs. That would be a great away day next season if they get promoted. 

Agree looks like definitely in the play offs, hopefully go into them as the form side and ride the wave to promotion, top away day and should be a side to fill one of the bottom 3 slots. 

Norwich and Watford although are not bad trips its very boring seeing them come straight back up. 

7 hours ago, whelk said:

Love Peter Walton. Yeah that’s fine. Gets reviewed and changed. Yeah that is correct.

Useless cunt adds zero insight. And Marriner has now fucked my fantasy team

He’s pointless. All he does is agree with whatever decision has been made. Absolute waste of space 

20 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

I've not seen the VAR table for quite some time, but I'm willing to bet Villa are at the top. They have benefitted in so many games since it was introduced. 

(not to mention hawkeye)

They've been very fortunate with 'technology'. I seem to remember that they'd have been relegated, had that 'goal' been given that Sheffield United scored.

Edited by S-Clarke