Other Games - 2020/2021

jamesfp1

15 hours ago, Jonnyboy said:

People were saying that they might stay up after they hit a bit of form and then beat Liverpool. No one at all on here was predicting them losing the next 5 in a row. 

Plenty on here were wetting their knickers over the impossible scenario of Fulham breezing past southampton as they climbed the table. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, skintsaint said:

5 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Cheers. This was the part of the story I was referring to:

"The Premier League ace arrived at the camp on April 20 for a period of three weeks, with his military service having previously been delayed after the 27-year-old inspired his national team to a gold medal at the 2018 Asian Games."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skintsaint said:

image.png.bc100d33fbff281be98f7f1514ee8d2c.png

😂 'Pool fans

Yeh, you've got to laugh at them. From the quote above...."We will never really know what we could have went on to achieve".  Is that actually English being written? Been listening to Carragher too much I reckon.  

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Saint Keef said:

Yeh, you've got to laugh at them. From the quote above...."We will never really know what we could have went on to achieve".  Is that actually English being written? Been listening to Carragher too much I reckon.  

Imagine the stress of knowing your team is only going to spend at least 80m-100m on new players in the summer as well, due to such a terrible stressful season. 

On 15/04/2021 at 05:18, skintsaint said:

Imagine the stress of knowing your team is only going to spend at least 80m-100m on new players in the summer as well, due to such a terrible stressful season. 

Skintsaint - Have you got a spare black armband available?.....I seem to have mislaid mine. If you haven't I may just have to slit my wrists out of sympathy for them. 

Also, he's moaning about Covid ruining their "not really knowing what they could have went on to achieve" yet 400 of them can still gather in Anfield Road to throw "objects" at, and "Boo" the  oppositions bus. They really are a fuckin' class act aren't they? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Saint Keef said:

Skintsaint - Have you got a spare black armband available?.....I seem to have mislaid mine. If you haven't I may just have to slit my wrists out of sympathy for them. 

Also, he's moaning about Covid ruining their "not really knowing what they could have went on to achieve" yet 400 of them can still gather in Anfield Road to throw "objects" at, and "Boo" the  oppositions bus. They really are a fuckin' class act aren't they? 

They'll never throw bricks alone.

37 minutes ago, Dark Munster said:

They'll never throw bricks alone.

I went to watch Saints at Anfield 50 years ago and they were lobbing bricks at us even then. There was a narrow alleyway with high walls on the walk from the station and the local youths hid behind it and lobbed house bricks over the walls as you walked through.

3 hours ago, Nordic Saint said:

I went to watch Saints at Anfield 50 years ago and they were lobbing bricks at us even then. There was a narrow alleyway with high walls on the walk from the station and the local youths hid behind it and lobbed house bricks over the walls as you walked through.

1988 2nd may we drew 1-1 ..John Aldridge 1st half and a screamer from rod wallace 2nd half .. anyway on a Clive foley coach out of Southampton along side Stanley park loads a local young skin head scousers  at every red light we stopped at they bricked the coach .. we were baying for blood but driver wouldn’t let us off until one brick came through one of the windows .. off we all came chasing the little fuckers across Stanley park .. the little smack heads could run like the wind .. never forget that trip ! It was Liverpool’s last game of season and they had already won the league .. we didn’t hang around to see them lap Anfield with the then division 1 trophy .

Edited by Chris cooper

2 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

is this when West Hams bubble bursts?

Perhaps, but I’d still rather be where they are in the table!

Amazing what 2 wins in a row as it stands for Newcastle can do to the table.

Now just 1 pt behind us and bottom 3 looking very much good as gone

1 minute ago, nta786 said:

Perhaps, but I’d still rather be where they are in the table!

Amazing what 2 wins in a row as it stands for Newcastle can do to the table.

Now just 1 pt behind us and bottom 3 looking very much good as gone

True, but can see the top 4 being City, Utd, Liverpool & Chelsea.....which after this season of many teams being in and around there is a bit disappointing. 

11 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

True, but can see the top 4 being City, Utd, Liverpool & Chelsea.....which after this season of many teams being in and around there is a bit disappointing. 

Yep. Have no faith in Leicester or West Ham putting a consistent run together to take 4th spot. Especially after we beat them both. Liverpool with the season they've had will still sneak CL football

14 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Boring old rubbish Newcastle scored more goals in one game than electrifying scintillating Fulham managed in four matches.

Not sure there will be much TV interest on the last day of the season.

Fulham forums look pretty bleak right now...