Other Games - 2020/2021

jamesfp1

1 minute ago, LiberalCommunist said:

Not to mention the three goals we scored against them that culminated in us losing 1-0.

That game still gives me rage. 

I try to forget that game tbh. Still think we're due some the other way after that.

11 hours ago, LiberalCommunist said:

Not to mention the three goals we scored against them that culminated in us losing 1-0.

That game still gives me rage. 

The worst decision of the lot was Romeu’s header and ‘foul’ on the keeper. Crazy decision and hardly even talked about. 

• Like 2

And the way they legitimised Cash saving that shot. To be told that was the correct decision was almost a bigger slap in the face than them allowing it. 

I think as time goes by, that game will be remembered as something rather special. Hall of fame sort of awful.

And perhaps that kick started the dreadful run we went on. Timing is convenient. Theo's injury fits the narrative.

I'm starting to really dislike Villa. Considering we have outplayed them twice this season, they sure have caused us a lot of trouble. 

17 hours ago, Badger said:

Elyounousis has scored twice for Celtic today.

Hopefully convinces them they want him permanently at the twice the price.

He was also MotM. Ralph must be monitoring his progress closely and surely will want to take a good look at him during the summer. I agree he has become a key player at Celtic and no doubt they will want to hang onto him. Could be interesting. Main question is would he want to come back here after all the abuse he has suffered at the hands of many fans?

Edited by Charlie Wayman

13 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

They've been very fortunate with 'technology'. I seem to remember that they'd have been relegated, had that 'goal' been given that Sheffield United scored.

Was it Watford that were relegated because of it? Think it was them and not Bournemouth. OK the Hornets are going up anyway, but I'm surprised they didn't make more of a stink about it at the time. OK, probably not as bad as West Ham surviving over Sheffield United when the Hammers signed Tevez and Mascherano as the Hammers broke the rules and Villa didn't, but still. Had Villa gone down last season they certainly would have lost Grealish and would have been a shadow of the team they are currently. With the backing they have they'll be a Premier League force for years to come IMO.

I don't like VAR but I do think it has a place. However there is a human element to it and humans are fallible. Some of the "armpit offsides" have been ludicrous this season, and some of the lines drawn (as above) have been crazy. If it is that close, or takes ages to make a decision, surely the benefit should go to the attacking side. Che Adams goal that was ruled out by a finger when playing United was crazy. 

Oh and well played Leeds - shows that our path to FA Cup glory is not completely impossible! <<<SNSUN daydreams about winning the cup...>>>

6 minutes ago, Kingsland Codger said:

I thought this was as clear a penalty as one could hope to see! What on earth are the officials thinking? A kick to the head is OK!!??

No doubt they’ll come out with some nonsense like it wasn’t a big enough error to excuse. At least it we won’t have to endure Peter Waltons expert analysis of backing up whatever decision the officials made 

Edited by Turkish

17 minutes ago, Turkish said:

No doubt they’ll come out with some nonsense like it wasn’t a big enough error to excuse. At least it we won’t have to endure Peter Waltons expert analysis of backing up whatever decision the officials made 

Anywhere else its an offence and a free kick

If Newcastle hold on here, Fulham are pretty much gone. Shame, it would have made the end of the season interesting.

I'd say this all but confirms West Brom as well - nothing much to play for on Monday if it stays like this.

Edited by S-Clarke

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

If Newcastle hold on here, Fulham are pretty much gone. Shame, it would have made the end of the season interesting.

I'd say this all but confirms West Brom as well - nothing much to play for on Monday if it stays like this.

Out of this lot I'd rather Fulham stayed up but that's going to take an act of god to happen.

Burnley won't go down but I wish they would out of all of them.

13 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

I’m still waiting for Fulham to over take us TBH.

I believe the official SaintsWeb intelligentsia chain of events was that we lose every single game and Fulham continue their unstoppable form and then we play Fulham in mid-May, at which point they beat us (of course) overtake us and then consign us to relegation. 

I can only assume that is still on track to happen as some people were very sure of it only the other week.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1