Other Games - 2020/2021

jamesfp1

2 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Not sure quite how sincere those Leeds T-shirts really are. Seems a bit like empty virtue signalling to me, like saying I’m a better person than Brad Pitt because I’d never ditch my wife for Angelina Jolie.

Maybe all the other 14 would have been equally greedy if they'd been invited, we'll never know. Clearly some european clubs have turned it down so far. I liked seeing the leeds t-shirts statement, hopefully rest of the clubs will follow suit. If we have to sit through the meaningless taking a knee rite every game, we should surely at the equally willing to be protesting this as a united front.

2 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

Nigel working his magic at Charlton 5 up away at Plymouth that pushes the Skates further outside play offs tonight 

All the teams in the play offs have a game in hand over the few as well.

It's a shame really, I was kinda hoping for one of those play off failings again. They have provided some end of season entertainment the last few years.

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

All the teams in the play offs have a game in hand over the few as well.

It's a shame really, I was kinda hoping for one of those play off failings again. They have provided some end of season entertainment the last few years.

5 of bottom 6 won tonight strange league but great to watch why do I care?

I work with a load who crow loud when winning Saints losing but don’t hear a peep lately.

Edited by Give it to Ron

17 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

How the fuck did we lose to WBA, they battered us and they’re fucking woeful. 

Something that people missed on the weekend. Leicester are quite good. It's why they are third in the league.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TWar said:

Something that people missed on the weekend. Leicester are quite good. It's why they are third in the league.

They didn't have to be quite good to beat us,in fact they didn't have to be average in order to achieve that task.

26 minutes ago, hackedoff said:

They didn't have to be quite good to beat us,in fact they didn't have to be average in order to achieve that task.

We nullified each other to a large extend as both teams defended well. We were edged by a flukey goal which was the only shot on target all game. People say we were smashed or they walked to victory but it isn't true. 

• Like 5

One thing about this Super League debacle it has made me want everyone but those 6 clubs to do well. Well always a bit like that but chuffed Leicester win yesterday and even hope Everton , who I hate, beat Arsenal 

Edited by whelk

Just now, Lighthouse said:

Come on Villa/Leeds. Would love it if the European 'Super' club finished bottom half. According to Sky it's now 'Europa League or bust' even though they're closer to 12th than even that and everyone else has games in hand.

I think they were referring to the Semi Final they play next week, rather than getting there in the league. They've got no chance in the league, and to be fair...very small chance of getting Europe via winning that comp.

The squad is so poor for a club of Arsenals size, that's the overriding reason as to why they've regressed so much. Just nothing really there.

10 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

I think they were referring to the Semi Final they play next week, rather than getting there in the league. They've got no chance in the league, and to be fair...very small chance of getting Europe via winning that comp.

The squad is so poor for a club of Arsenals size, that's the overriding reason as to why they've regressed so much. Just nothing really there.

I'm amazed people are not calling for Arteta's head considering the season they've had.

Pony.

Edited by Billy the Kidd
Bit in bold

3 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Fair point, I'd forgotten they were still in that. Still, I'd love to see it.

8 hours ago, Billy the Kidd said:

I'm amazed people are calling for Arteta's head considering the season they've had.

Pony.

Amazing that they are not. Very little improvement and clearly got a good crop of youngsters. Occasional glimpses are relieving some pressure. Funny that Wenger delivered CL every year and fans assumed that was a given and why weren’t they pushing on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Amazing that they are not. Very little improvement and clearly got a good crop of youngsters. Occasional glimpses are relieving some pressure. Funny that Wenger delivered CL every year and fans assumed that was a given and why weren’t they pushing on.

I meant to say are not! Teach me not to check what I write!

8 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Didn’t expect that result in Liverpool vs Newcastle.

don’t worry Liverpool only a little while before soft saints roll over for you.

Pretty outstanding set of results for Newcastle, really.  Always we’re going to have a chance when their forwards returned for injury.

image.thumb.jpeg.b6308c0f35b7d85ba63be8a7f7a66aaf.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Corrected for you. 

Of the 13 teams above us, which should Hasenhuttl be disappointed not to be higher than? I'd say only Crystal Palace and possibly Leeds. So hardly a poor season when looked as a whole rather than just the last 4 months.

Edited by Matthew Le God

45 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Of the 13 teams above us, which should Hasenhuttl be disappointed not to be higher than? I'd say only Crystal Palace and possibly Leeds. So hardly a poor season when looked as a whole rather than just the last 4 months.

Of the 7 teams that finished above Puel, who should we have been disappointed not to be higher than? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Because our opponents Tottenham are in the League Cup final tomorrow. The game with them was played early.

Incorrect. We were due to play Man City away. 

Spurs away was moved from Bournemouth cup weekend. 

Poor knowledge. 

Edited by JRM
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, CB Fry said:

Absolutely buzzing that Watford and Norwich have been promoted. Those two will really freshen up the division.

It's like some weird time warp that this season never happened and crowds will come back next year to carry on where we left it, playing 6 pointers against Norwich and Watford. 

• Like 1