Other Games - 2020/2021

jamesfp1

2 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

The players might not have been the target but as soon as they came out and the game started it would have gee'd the mob right up.

The mob would be locked out the stadium. The game is going to go ahead at some point and there will be protesters there again - what do we do cancel football?

5 minutes ago, aintforever said:

The mob would be locked out the stadium. The game is going to go ahead at some point and there will be protesters there again - what do we do cancel football?

What about outside the stadium.

You do realise between Liverpool and Manchester it's only a 20 minute drive?

Shit would have happened once that game started because there's enough twats who would have seen the opportunity. That's what I suspect the police were worried about.

Not to mention pissed up pricks fighting amongst themselves.

I know all this can happen anyway but covid changes it quite a lot.

Edited by JustinSFC

8 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

What about outside the stadium.

You do realise between Liverpool and Manchester it's only a 20 minute drive?

Shit would have happened once that game started because there's enough twats who would have seen the opportunity. That's what I suspect the police were worried about.

Not to mention pissed up pricks fighting amongst themselves.

I know all this can happen anyway but covid changes it quite a lot.

I think it’s fair to assume there will be protests again whenever it is played - what do you suggest, no Man U v Liverpool game again ever?

7 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Starting to believe West Brom might not catch us now.

They are such a yoyo club, how many times have they been relegated from the Prem now?. If I was a West Brom fan I'd just be annoyed they left it so late in the season to give it a go, they've looked decent in the last month. 

Still they'll probably get promoted again next season. 

20 minutes ago, JRM said:

They are such a yoyo club, how many times have they been relegated from the Prem now?. If I was a West Brom fan I'd just be annoyed they left it so late in the season to give it a go, they've looked decent in the last month. 

Still they'll probably get promoted again next season. 

We should go back to them and say actually Maitland Niles can play wherever he wants

As much as I hate Burnley, I'd rather they won tonight and dent those West Ham wankers champions league hopes. Hate them and their fans.

They have the worst visiting fans in the league, fucking wankers the lot of them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JustinSFC said:

As much as I hate Burnley, I'd rather they won tonight and dent those West Ham wankers champions league hopes. Hate them and their fans.

They have the worst visiting fans in the league, fucking wankers the lot of them.

On that, I certainly agree.

I remember a game at St. Mary's a few years ago, when the terrorism threat was high and armed police were posted around the stadium, West Ham fans were giving them (and Saints fans) grief - stupid fucking cunts. 

At least they lost.

10 minutes ago, SaveloyMush said:

On that, I certainly agree.

I remember a game at St. Mary's a few years ago, when the terrorism threat was high and armed police were posted around the stadium, West Ham fans were giving them (and Saints fans) grief - stupid fucking cunts. 

At least they lost.

They're like that all the time. But that particular day they were gunning for it.

Someone got glassed in the bottom end of town before, they were kicking off in the pubs, including the one I was in.

They're fucking tools.

1 hour ago, JustinSFC said:

Don’t get this. Proper decent club with great fans who represent their community. No glory hunters or hangers on. Don’t take any shit but also aren’t bully boys like some clubs. Id say along with Millwall and Leeds probably the best away support there is.

• Like 3

Managers of the season: 1. Moyes 2. Rogers 3. Dyche.

It will go to Guardiola, of course. But I think Man City would probably have won the league if I was the bloody manager.

I couldn’t have got Leicester to top 4, West Ham to top 6 or kept Burnley up though, in all modesty.

4 minutes ago, SaintBobby said:

It will go to Guardiola, of course. But I think Man City would probably have won the league if I was the bloody manager.

I couldn’t have got Leicester to top 4, West Ham to top 6 or kept Burnley up though, in all modesty.

Dyche has had far better seasons than this one, and currently below even us in the league. Not sure how you'd rank him above, say, Potter or even Ralph.

Beyond that, Dyche is also a million miles behind Dean Smith or Bielsa. And let's also respect the league winning manger Pep and even Ole has also had a good season.

Basically I am not sure what Dyche has done this year to be singled out.

Just now, CB Fry said:

Dyche has had far better seasons than this one, and currently below even us in the league. Not sure how you'd rank him above, say, Potter or even Ralph.

Beyond that, Dyche is also a million miles behind Dean Smith or Bielsa. And let's also respect the league winning manger Pep and even Ole has also had a good season.

Basically I am not sure what Dyche has done this year to be singled out.

Burnley are shite. They were part of a useless bottom 4 early doors. He’s kept them up again. I’m not saying the Manchester managers are poor - they ain’t. But it’s not obvious over-performance.

3 minutes ago, SaintBobby said:

Burnley are shite. They were part of a useless bottom 4 early doors. He’s kept them up again. I’m not saying the Manchester managers are poor - they ain’t. But it’s not obvious over-performance.

He has done better with them in the past though, he got them into Europe with a very similar type team, same level of quality than they have atm. They've got solid/burly centre forwards who will create problems at this level for most, and they'll get wins over the line. i'd agree and say he's done well with Burnley, but overall it's a pretty standard season for them and he certainly hasn't over achieved.

Edited by S-Clarke

5 minutes ago, SaintBobby said:

Aren't Brighton shite? Isn’t what Bielsa with a newly promoted team, and Smith with a nearly relegated team "obvious over performance"?

If the criteria is "do okay by not as good as other seasons"  then the Wolves manager is in with a shout.

You like Dyche, fine. He's a competent manager in the Big Sam mould, fine. I like him, a bit. But this ain't a vintage season for them. They're below us FFS.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SaintBobby said:

I'd have gone Bielsa instead of Dyche. No denying the Leeds media love in has been excessive but they've played well, battled Arsenal for a top half spot and left the other two promoted sides for dust.

25 minutes ago, SaintBobby said:

Weren’t you banging on earlier how next season the bottom 3 won’t be as bad as this seasons bottom 3, apart from the fact the bottom 3 are always shit which is why they’re the bottom 3. Seems like you’ve already decided one team who is part of a bottom 3 that is so much better than this seasons bottom 3, unless the manager with one of the worst team in the league performs as part of the top 3 managers in the country once again.

Edited by Turkish

9 hours ago, SaintBobby said:

Yep, I'd go with that. It's hard to separate those 3. They've all over achieved with their squads, Moyes in particular. 

11 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

I’d rather be stood near 100 people holding flares than have one chucked at me. Nelson Dida got quite a nasty burn in that Milan CL semi.

Was at as Lazio Napoli match years ago. One of the Napoli fans fired a flare at the Lazio fans, but it hit a beam and the roof, doing a great snooker shot and landing right back by the guy who launched it.  

City score with their first attack. PSG have really stepped up the diving and playacting from last week, and the ref is giving in to it more than Felix whatsisface from last week. Already bought a penalty, though VAR rightly overturned it.

Edited by igsey

5 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

Commentators love -in with Mendy tonight. Two routine saves is causing waves of ecstasy 

The first one was very good, the second one relatively easy.

He's a great keeper though. Such good movement and positioning.

11 minutes ago, The Cat said:

The first one was very good, the second one relatively easy.

He's a great keeper though. Such good movement and positioning.

Second one was definitely routine, I haven’t seen enough of him to give an opinion on his ability in general. The game generally is a bit of a disappointment so far, maybe that’s why they are homing in on that?

Edited by Toussaint

Chelsea have been defensively excellent tonight. Superbly organised and have worked so hard to deny Real Madrid space. Thoroughly deserved the win.

Does the 2 English teams in the final effect the league place if they both finish top 4?

Could end up that this season, we’ll have beaten the reigning Premier League champions, knocked the holders of the FA Cup out, gone unbeaten against this season’s FA Cup Winners, and gone unbeaten against this season’s Champions League winners.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

Could end up that this season, we’ll have beaten the reigning Premier League champions, knocked the holders of the FA Cup out, gone unbeaten against this season’s FA Cup Winners, and gone unbeaten against this season’s Champions League winners.

In other words, we've drawn twice with Chelsea, and won against Liverpool.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

We’ve gone top of the league this season as well.

You weren’t Tony Blair’s spin doctor in a former life were you? You’ve just convinced me we are one of the best teams in the world, fair play!

• Haha 2