Other Games - 2020/2021

jamesfp1

10 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

So, Poch went to PSG, the league at which they've dominated for years. I think everyone accepted he was finally going to get a trophy once and for all. But once again he'll finish a season without a trophy as manager as PSG have just blown it tonight. 

Weird career Poch has had. 

Didn’t he win a cup couple of weeks after arriving?

Burnley win tonight and they go above us.

However it means we can’t go down as Fulham can’t catch us.

What utter dog shite that we are one place above those who got relegated. The likes of Brighton, Burnley, Newcastle who have been garbage are above us and they just shows how bad we’ve become. I honestly think it’s time to change the coaching staff.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pilchards said:

What utter dog shite that we are one place above those who got relegated. The likes of Brighton, Burnley, Newcastle who have been garbage are above us and they just shows how bad we’ve become. I honestly think it’s time to change the coaching staff.

We have a game in hand on Brighton and Newcastle. Win it tomorrow and we go above both of them.

What more could you want?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BallBoy said:

Not sure what to hope for tonight.

Fulham win: we stay above Burnley.

Burnley win: guaranteed safety.

I would like to think it doesn't matter because we will go on a winning streak anyway.  

Burnley win. Get rid of any faint possibility of relegation then play with some freedom on Tuesday, try out friinge players and hopefully end the season strongly.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nordic Saint said:

Three ex-Saints battling it out at the top:

!st Jose Fonte's Lille

2nd Pochettino's PSG

3rd Paul Mitchell's Monaco

With only 2 games left to play, it looks likely that Fonte will lead his team to the title with the best defensive record in Europe and pick up his third major trophy. 

French Ligue 1 Table - Football - BBC Spor

Jérémy Pied is also at Lille.

12 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Good point, he won the super cup over there. 

Fuck me, I know Jose does it, but the charity shield has never been considered a proper trophy. They’ll be counting these Asian cup pre season things soon. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Like 1

It’s another sad indictment of where we are as a club that we are concerned about the outcome of Fulham V Burnley at this late stage of the season. 
we are where we are because we are utter shite….on and off the pitch….through all levels and departments of the club. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

A Fulham win is quite obviously the best result for us, the fact that people are still entertaining the possibility of them catching us from 10 points behind with 4 games left is crazy. 

It is possible, though.

Not other games as such, but Ollie McBurnie doesn't seem to be taking his recovery as seriously as he ought to be: Oli McBurnie: Sheffield United to investigate video on social media - BBC Sport

Reed's ricket with Carrillo was bad enough for £20m, Monaco could see the foolish coming with the VVD money and it was a double glazing sale with a confused pensioner, but not sure what Sheffield United's excuse was with this lump of trouble. Brewster's been terrible as well but like Solanke with Bournemouth, might make them back a bit of money in the Champ. Whereas McBurnie against us looked as bad as I've ever seen in the top flight. They had Billy Whitehurst who whilst agricultural (and very hard) was a better footballer. 

Craig Bellamy's nose for controversy but minus all of Bellamy's talents.

Edited by saint1977

11 hours ago, Pilchards said:

Ralph's doing a good job though. 

We were really, really good for a whole calendar year.. Apparently. Or something.

7 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

A Fulham win is quite obviously the best result for us, the fact that people are still entertaining the possibility of them catching us from 10 points behind with 4 games left is crazy. 

Exactly, and if we can't get ourselves up to go and beat a mediocre Palace side to assure our own safety we deserve all that comes our way.  I, for one, will be cheering on Fulham tonight. 

3 hours ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

Fulham aren't making up ten points in four games when they have been worse than us this season, can't believe some are still worrying. I want Fulham to win as I want us to finish above Burnley.

Exactly.

They're not even beating Burnley tonight let alone win 4 on the bounce.

Interesting comment in Guardian match report: 

: When Fulham almost certainly go down, they will sell off a number of players for a decent price. Burnley will stay up, however, and barely any of their players will attract interest. It’s a strange old world.

3 minutes ago, Green said:

: When Fulham almost certainly go down, they will sell off a number of players for a decent price. Burnley will stay up, however, and barely any of their players will attract interest. It’s a strange old world.

That’s pony (no surprise it is The Guardian after all ). 

There’s half a dozen that’ll attract interest if they became available, at least as many as Fulham 

6 minutes ago, Green said:

Fulham's players, I'm guessing, will have relegation wage drop clauses so will be keen to move. If Burnley players have the same, it's academic if they stay up. 

Nothing strange there. Non story. 

6 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

It’s possible for Miss Sweden to knock on my front door, declare her undying love for me and start ripping her clothes off. Not happening though, is it?

No. That is not possible at all. 

8 minutes ago, DT said:

Rejoice, for we are the fourth shittest team in the Premier. Only in worse form! Suppose the little darlings won’t feel so much pressure tomorrow now. 

Against all odds, in one of the most uncomfortable seasons in our history we are 45 minutes from safety with 4 games to play. Incredible stuff 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DT said:

Rejoice, for we are the fourth shittest team in the Premier. Only in worse form! Suppose the little darlings won’t feel so much pressure tomorrow now. 

Disappointed to see your absolutely unshakeable belief that Fulham are going to survive at our expense finally be extinguished.

My commiserations.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Just now, JustinSFC said:

Che gets a ton of stick but he's exactly what we paid for him.

I'm not sure what people expect for what we paid for him.

I agree. But I’d also have Woods over Adams in my saints v Burnley combined 11. Some wouldnt

Now that we are 17th, I don't know why but I've recently got the feeling that despite the soundbites about competing for "7th to 12th", deep down the reality is we're content with 17th and the board probably pat themselves on the back for it.

Edited by nta786