Other Games - 2020/2021

jamesfp1

35 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

Remember when they played highlights of the 9 goals......that's the real Leicester. Classless. 

You don't think every single group of fans in the world wouldn't do the same thing, including ours?

Fuck me some people are pathetic.

• Like 2

Just now, The Cat said:

Who does everyone want to come up from the Championship? Has to be Brentford for me, new ground, reasonably close. They seem like a well run club who play good football. 

Barnsley... because they will likely be the weakest of the four in the playoffs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Cat said:

Who does everyone want to come up from the Championship? Has to be Brentford for me, new ground, reasonably close. They seem like a well run club who play good football. 

Swansea, because they are shit and will result in an easier season for us. Maybe Barnsley.

Not Bournemouth or Brentford as we are linked to Danjuma and Henry.

Edited by TWar

2 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Me too used to work in Brentford for thirty years lived not far away so like friends and wife's family who support them I hope they get promoted

3 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Barnsley... because they will likely be the weakest of the four in the playoffs.

Wouldn't mind Barnsley, I'm quite a fan of away games to small Northern towns. 

I'm not sure any of the 4 play off teams will put up much of a fight next season without a lot of investment. Do any of them have much money?

7 minutes ago, TWar said:

Swansea, because they are shit and will result in an easier season for us. Maybe Barnsley.

Not Bournemouth or Brentford as we are linked to Danjuma and Henry.

Bournemouth is always funny so we can laugh at their fans getting overexcited about playing us but I'd like to see Brentford having a turn. Whether we would even have the ability to sign Henry if they don't go up is debatable anyway. 

Brentford would be nice, our new "local derby" :p - 65 miles to Hounslow West, big car park (free at weekends), quick trip on the tube and a half mile walk from Boston Manor.

They'd only be 1,500 away tickets (if away fans are allowed back) so not much chance for most of us.

Brentford have just missed an open goal from about 4 yards. Unbelievable miss. Bournemouth one up but Brentford well on top now. I’d like to see Brentford come up, Barnsley after that. 

Edited by Turkish

7 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Technically Barnsley aren't new to the Premier League... 😉 

Was at that game. Big open away end. Good game. We had quite a few up there which was unusual for that time as we rarely took more than 500 north of Birmingham in those days 

Edited by Turkish

23 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Technically Barnsley aren't new to the Premier League... 😉 

Ok a lot newer. 

After watching that brentford bournemouth game i’m Left wondering if toney is as useless as he appeared or is he completely injured and brentford just refused to play a fit player in his stead.

2 hours ago, The Cat said:

All 4 of them have potential for decent away day, but has to be Barnsley for me, proper away day in the same sort of style Huddesfield was, but if not I've always enjoyed trips to South Wales. 

I'd have preferred Brentford if they were still at Griffin Park, sort of place if they don't come up hopefully we'll play them away pre season. 

4 hours ago, LiberalCommunist said:

Remember when they played highlights of the 9 goals......that's the real Leicester. Classless. 

I seriously prefer the hammers.....and that's saying something! 

They played the highlights because they always play the highlights of the last time they met whoever it is they’re facing at the King Power that particular day.

Even still I can’t believe so many of our fans are a bunch of precious whingers that they get so upset about a little bit of mind games from an opponent.

9 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

not a game but old Woy moving on from Palace, thought he did well there with an aging back line. Palace best choose wisely for the next new manager as there squad is not the best.

They have circa 12 first team players out of contract this summer, so big changes may be needed.

Is VAR not being used atall tonight, especially after Leeds 1st goal tonight which I thought was offside. Now Chelsea should have had a blatant penalty after Warner was kicked and they didn't get nothing. Bloody Dean the ref surprise surprise.

What a crappy season this has been, City will win the league - by a mile - on no more than 86 points. The standard has dropped massively this year of all the sides, possibly because of the condensed fixtures and no pre-season I guess.

It's been a terrible season for most, probably bar West Ham and Leeds. Lots of sides will improve next year, they have to.

Edited by S-Clarke

10 hours ago, davefizzy14 said:

Is VAR not being used atall tonight, especially after Leeds 1st goal tonight which I thought was offside. Now Chelsea should have had a blatant penalty after Warner was kicked and they didn't get nothing. Bloody Dean the ref surprise surprise.

That what I was wondering. Agree about the first Leeds goal - didn't seem to be any meaningful check. And the Chelsea pen. But then it went into overdrive first to find a faint reason not to disallow MU's goal, then to try to give Fulham's offside. Surprise, surprise. 

The only one it got right was Chelsea's pen. But Dean's reffing was ridiculous after that - free kick given the wrong way, mass brawl ignored except for one yellow.

I really get worried about corruption and the huge financial interests of keeping certain teams at the top.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

I really get worried about corruption and the huge financial interests of keeping certain teams at the top.

Is it any worse than it used to be though? All VAR does is bring under the spotlight the bias (consious or unconscious) that the regulators generally have toward bigger teams. Refs have been doing it for years anyway. (See figures for penalties given against Man Utd at OT)

27 minutes ago, BotleySaint said:

Is it any worse than it used to be though? All VAR does is bring under the spotlight the bias (consious or unconscious) that the regulators generally have toward bigger teams. Refs have been doing it for years anyway. (See figures for penalties given against Man Utd at OT)

I agree. VAR just gives them another way to be biased. 

24 minutes ago, nta786 said:

image.thumb.png.bf5d5a1f0903fa20db5bbecff10cab26.png

The Liverpool forum tonight 🤣🤣🤣

Imagine being done with football for not buying a forward - big 6 fans do make me laugh

I must admit, I'd be pretty cheesed off if my forward line included Firmino, Salah, Mane, Jota, Origi as options. I mean christ, what an absolute load of chuff!

20 hours ago, Give it to Ron said:

16 listed this morning think big changes at Palace new manager too

lost Eze till the end of this year as well. Could struggle next season.

To be honest I thought he had died overnight when I saw this pic this morning :

image.png.f0c0174b5e3201904f5ffda74d5e9664.png

Edited by skintsaint

Yep, looks like Palace could be in trouble next season. They'll need to get Hodgson's replacement spot on as they will have the say over who gets released or if any get new contract offers - and they don't exactly have a great track record with new managerial appointments.

Zaha will also kick up his annual fuss wanting a move away.

2 hours ago, igsey said:

Yep, looks like Palace could be in trouble next season. They'll need to get Hodgson's replacement spot on as they will have the say over who gets released or if any get new contract offers - and they don't exactly have a great track record with new managerial appointments.

Zaha will also kick up his annual fuss wanting a move away.

I can't get my head around what Palace are doing, current manager leaving, loads of players out of contract, apparently they are looking at picking up free transfers , seems a bit risky. 

Losing Eze is a massive blow for Palace, according to some rumours they had lined up Zaha's sale this summer in light of Eze being a ready made replacement. The fee for Zaha was going to help them rebuild their squad and replace all their out of contract players.

I think they're a bit stuck now.