Other Games - 2020/2021

jamesfp1

1 hour ago, TWar said:

United spend £41m a year on wages more than City, wages aren't necessarily predictive in a vacuum. Things like transfer fees matter a lot too. They are low on those too to be fair, so definitely doing well. Just saying "big 6" is kind of a bad place to draw the line.

I think we will have to agree to disagree..I think there is a massive gap in income, spending and wages between the top 6 and the rest. Granted their is a big big gap between Spurs and the rest, and if Arsenal aren't careful they could fall behind but they have won the FA cup more than anyone recently still..Any club, even Everton, who bloody's their noses by winning a cup deserve every credit for doing the near impossible IMO!

4 hours ago, LGTL said:

Incredibly jealous of Leicester because they’re the one team where you think - ‘that could be us. 

Fuck sake, one day.  

Yep can’t help but think it could have been us. 

This afternoon's diving competition should be interesting but Grealish is going to have to work very hard to preserve his title as he will only be appearing as a second half sub and by then Zaha will have built up a big lead. Grealish will of course get more points for style.

Entertaining game that, Palace deserved winners though. You can't defend like Villa did against players like Zaha and Eze and expect to get points.

I wish we'd have signed Eze, imagine him in our 11 rather than Redmond or Moussa - we'd be so much better.

21 hours ago, JRM said:

It's really hard not to feel jealous of Leicester, in recent years they've got to see their team win the league, good run in the Champions League,  win the FA Cup  and perhaps their biggest achievement of all beating Saints by that infamous scoreline, enough "Once in a lifetime" moments in just a few years. 

Can't stand Vardy after his needless crocking of VVD ahead of the the LC Final, and Rodgers still grates after 2014 although that is wearing thin now. Apart from that don't mind them but am quite envious especially of the sound and ambitious owners they've got. Similar size club although they have pulled ahead of us in the transfer market and ambition. Complete contrast to us under Gao.

6 hours ago, Dorchester Saint said:

I can’t help thinking that if we’d actually bothered to turn up to the FA Cup semi final and tried to win, we would have done and we’d have beaten Chelsea yesterday and won the bloody thing!! 

Thought the same, although them having a GK to pull off two outstanding saves isn't something I'd want to rely on. McCarthy perhaps might have got down to the header, but FF would have been buggered if he couldn't try blocking them with his ankles.

29 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

So Mike Dean pulls it back for the ref obstructing a Liverpool player (not the ball), lets them take a quick free kick for it instead of doing a drop ball, and Liverpool score from it...

:facepalm:

He had to be the worst ref around or is corrupt 

Liverpool getting all the breaks. It’s almost as if there are vested interests in wanting them to still be in with a chance of the champions league...

hold on West Brom! 
klopp moaning at every official on the sidelines. Such a twonk. 

16 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

And there you have it a WBA goal disallowed, joke decision. 

The player in front of Allison stood still and they rule it out because he was near him, the other end and its given.

Even the bias carragher thought it should have stood

It really was a joke. If at the other end there would have been no chance of an overturn. 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

They play each other, Liverpool have it in their own hands.

Yes if you assume Liverpool will beat Burnley and Palace (They won't if they play like they did today) then it really turns the Chelsea v Leicester game into another cup final, a champions league play off. Chelsea fan on the radio said Tuesday's game is more important than the FA Cup Final, sums up the big 6 mentality. 

14 minutes ago, ChrisPY said:

Couldn’t care who it is. A club needing a win, sending everyone up for a last minute corner that results in the keeper scoring the winner will alway be brilliant!

True but it should have been an equaliser.

On 15/05/2021 at 19:26, CB Fry said:

Leicester are going to get relegated now, right? I believe that's how it works.

I could see them missing out on Champions League again, despite their position (although Liverpool have been doing their best to throw it away themselves). Only takes one step from the sublime to the ridiculous, starting with a John Cleese style lunge on Tuesday at the rematch.

Not that their fans will be all that bothered. Four trophies in the last 25 years, despite being fodder for large periods. Every single club in the Midlands must be looking at them with envy.

The table has pretty much taken shape now, bar the top 4. For the purposes of the league remaining interesting then Liverpool needed to win. If they'd have dropped points than pretty much every game left would have had nothing on it, bar prize money. At least we might get the entertainment of them screwing it up on the final day.

Everton look to have blown any chances of European football and you'd have to think, based on their start and their summer spending, that equals a bit of a let down for our dug out friends. I think their squad is still a little unbalanced though, not many goals in that side apart from Calvert-Lewin and he just had a purple patch at the start of the season.

I see Everton fans calling for Carlo to get the sack though, who do they think they are? Yes, a disappointing season in context of their expectations, but their squad isn't all that and it came clear in the end. There are probably mentalists in their support base who'd sack Carlo for Eddie Howe.

55 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

The table has pretty much taken shape now, bar the top 4. For the purposes of the league remaining interesting then Liverpool needed to win. If they'd have dropped points than pretty much every game left would have had nothing on it, bar prize money. At least we might get the entertainment of them screwing it up on the final day.

Everton look to have blown any chances of European football and you'd have to think, based on their start and their summer spending, that equals a bit of a let down for our dug out friends. I think their squad is still a little unbalanced though, not many goals in that side apart from Calvert-Lewin and he just had a purple patch at the start of the season.

I see Everton fans calling for Carlo to get the sack though, who do they think they are? Yes, a disappointing season in context of their expectations, but their squad isn't all that and it came clear in the end. There are probably mentalists in their support base who'd sack Carlo for Eddie Howe.

Everton fans, along with Newcastle fans, have the biggest delusion of grandeur going. 

2 hours ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

I could see them missing out on Champions League again, despite their position (although Liverpool have been doing their best to throw it away themselves). Only takes one step from the sublime to the ridiculous, starting with a John Cleese style lunge on Tuesday at the rematch.

Not that their fans will be all that bothered. Four trophies in the last 25 years, despite being fodder for large periods. Every single club in the Midlands must be looking at them with envy.

Most clubs would be. Everton, Spurs, Newcastle not achieved anything close to what they have. I know I’m incredibly jealous

5 hours ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

Every club outside the top 6 must be looking be looking at them with envy .

You could probably throw in Tottenham too come to think of it .