Other Games - 2020/2021

jamesfp1

8 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

A pen and a red not given by VAR in quick succession. I can’t believe they think doubling down on wrong decisions somehow looks better on them. Refs are bottling big decisions and VAR is bottling overturning them. It’s BS.

The goalie hand ball was a ‘nailed on’ red !

this VAR malarkey is beyond all reason now 😠

9 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

A pen and a red not given by VAR in quick succession. I can’t believe they think doubling down on wrong decisions somehow looks better on them. Refs are bottling big decisions and VAR is bottling overturning them. It’s BS.

Personally I would just keep the goal line technology and get rid of VAR altogether.   At the end of the day it's still just human opinion and interpretation.  Just let the on field officials ref it like in the good old days.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Saint Billy said:

Perhaps a good manager would get more out of Adams.

Doubtful. Never really had a track record for scoring goal baring 1 season in the championship. 

Not sure we could get more from him in terms of work rate, but goals, I’m not sure they’ll ever come. 

39 minutes ago, igsey said:

That's pretty much normal for every team surely? That's how league tables work.

I'd like to think that Manchester City have only won the league on the back of us and the other 18 teams dropping more points than they have. It's not really down to anything they've done themselves.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

In other news, Lemina, who thought that he was too good for us now has a relegation from the Premier League on his CV. Unfortunately, we now have to find some other mugs to take him from us.

I didn’t realise that he joined us four years ago and still has another year left on his contract.

Shame it didn’t work out.

20 hours ago, HarvSFC said:

In other news, Lemina, who thought that he was too good for us now has a relegation from the Premier League on his CV. Unfortunately, we now have to find some other mugs to take him from us.

At least we’ve got to the point where another loan is as good as selling him. He won’t be back next summer, wherever and however he goes. He’s looked okay for Fulham and seems to be getting regular games, he might have suitors.

Credit to Leicester on that one, I didn't see them getting a result here. Must frustrate them that all the media seem to care about is that Man Utds defeat handed City the title.

That was a great result for Leeicter and they've beaten both Manchester clubs on their own patch this year. They clearly deserve top 4, from looking ropey after the Newcastle game I think after West Ham losing and them winning tonight it's all but done.

Watching Villa and Everton. Not sure I can listen to Hinchcliffe co-commentating anymore.  I've said it before, but he's doing my crust in. The man just spends 90 minutes of each game criticizing players. "He should have done this", "He should have done that", "He simply had to score there", "He should have driven that cross in and not floated it" and in the next sentence "He's driven that ball in when he should have floated it". He must have been one hell of a player in his time......although as I recall, he was an average premiership player. Every sentence he utters is a real "downer". 

How come Sky are so consistently bad at employing co-commentators and pundits. Surely there's better out there.  

40 minutes ago, Saint Keef said:

He must have been one hell of a player in his time......although as I recall, he was an average premiership player. Every sentence he utters is a real "downer". 

Wasn't even as good as that. Ten-a-penny left back.

That being said, Efan Ekoku's been getting our games lately - and I don't know what historical crimes we've done to upset the lad, but he seems to really have a gnawing dislike for us. Any praise is through gritted teeth. He gave Danny Ings man of the match the other night whilst simultaneously claiming he could've given it to Benteke. A guy scores two goals in a 3-1 win - and he wants to give MotM to a bloke on the losing team who barely had a kick after the first 10 minutes.

48 minutes ago, Saint Keef said:

The man just spends 90 minutes of each game criticizing players. "He should have done this", "He should have done that", "He simply had to score there", "He should have driven that cross in and not floated it" and in the next sentence "He's driven that ball in when he should have floated it".

So exactly the same as the comments here on a Saints match thread. The difference is he's played the game at the top level.

Man Utd? No penalty. Saints and Vestergaard? Pen and red card. Same issue. Bailly got ball first but followed through. Ref Anthony Taylor overrules penalty. One rule etc

Edited by DT
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, DT said:

Man Utd? No penalty. Saints and Vestergaard? Pen and red card. Same issue. Bailly got ball first but followed through. Ref Anthony Taylor overrules penalty. One rule etc

VAR,the new essential refereeing tool to prevent undesirable results on their watch.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, skintsaint said:

I only saw on a small screen but did the Newcastle player put his foot down on the City defenders foot and get a pen? 

I think he put his left foot out in order to turn but it was dragged away from him by Aké when he went to block.

Anyone else buzzing for the woman’s champions league final tomorrow? Chelsea v Barcelona. Could be a great few weeks for Chelsea dominating two of the sixty three genders in Europe 

Edited by Turkish

24 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Anyone else buzzing for the woman’s champions league final tomorrow? Chelsea v Barcelona. Could be a great few weeks for Chelsea dominating two of the sixty three genders in Europe 

I'm looking forward to the playoffs in the "Identifying as a watermelon (it/thingamy)".

Live on The Ocho.