Other Games - 2020/2021

jamesfp1

Probably the most unfair result. Rotherham should have won their game 3 or 4, they tossed their chances away.

Sheff Wednesday would have stayed up if it was not for the boardroom mess. Nothing to be proud of for Derby, they snuck over the line.

Rooney is not a manager, not sure why he's now being lauded as someone who saved them. He should be looked at as someone who almost relegated them.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

Hmm that looked like a better shout for a pen than the one given in the 1st half. What an utter mess VAR is. They need to get rid of this "clear and obvious" nonsense. It's so subjective and basically how the VAR ref can squirm out of showing up one of his pals. 

1 minute ago, OttawaSaint said:

Hmm that looked like a better shout for a pen than the one given in the 1st half. What an utter mess VAR is. They need to get rid of this "clear and obvious" nonsense. It's so subjective and basically how the VAR ref can squirm out of showing up one of his pals. 

This, its become a absolute joke 

15 minutes ago, LGTL said:

Chelsea could win the title next year, they look fantastic. 

And highlights what a poor job Lampard was doing. 

He did a decent job with young lads who grew up idolising and respecting him. The problem was bringing in big names who are used to higher calibre managers with more experience than a half decent season at Derby.

3 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

He did a decent job with young lads who grew up idolising and respecting him. The problem was bringing in big names who are used to higher calibre managers with more experience than a half decent season at Derby.

I Lampard deserves some credit. Without him, I doubt the likes of Mount Etc would have flourished as they did. 

Inthink he’d do an alright job here, tbh. 

But Tuchel has taken them to another level. My fav for the CL

Edited by SKD

6 minutes ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

Skates currently pissing away their place in the playoffs 😂

I don't think I've ever paid so much attention to an Accrington Stanley result. "COME ON YOU..........ACCERS?????!.........STANLEY?????...."

....or whatever their fans shout.

20 minutes ago, Saint Keef said:

I don't think I've ever paid so much attention to an Accrington Stanley result. "COME ON YOU..........ACCERS?????!.........STANLEY?????...."

Been watching the game. Accrington look pretty decent actually, miles better than the blue few.

48 minutes ago, Saint Keef said:

Accrington Stanley? Who are they?

• Haha 1

Excellent, Wolves winner v Brighton, every place and penny counts until Gao gone. This game should be sent to Saints coaching team as a training example of how to stretch an opposition reduced to 10 men. Wolves haven’t been in great form, almost as bad as SFC, including a 0-4 defeat to Burnley, but have showed a level of effort and desire we’ve not seen from SFC until Leicester game and in patches last night.

12 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

Bit gutted for our Nige tbh, him making the playoffs at the skates expense would have just been too hilarious a story.

Gave it a good go tbh. Only out on GD in the end. They'll be a decent outfit next year I think

4 hours ago, SaintBobby said:

Not going to lie, that Skates game was fucking hilarious.

Well.......you say that, as enjoyable as that was to watch, part of me is disappointed. I like to see them get into the play offs every year, kinda of raises their hopes bless em, and then you just sit back and watch their annual play off F up. Oh well.....shouldnt complain I suppose.

23 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

What was the Stanley keeper like? Toby Savin. We were heavily linked with him last Summer, possible we agreed to hold on for a year. 

Did ok from what I saw. One save from Daniels where he probably went down too early but still got a strong hand to the ball.

29 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

What was the Stanley keeper like? Toby Savin. We were heavily linked with him last Summer, possible we agreed to hold on for a year. 

With a name like that you’d expect him to be saving everything!

• Haha 2

So, Poch went to PSG, the league at which they've dominated for years. I think everyone accepted he was finally going to get a trophy once and for all. But once again he'll finish a season without a trophy as manager as PSG have just blown it tonight. 

Weird career Poch has had. 

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

So, Poch went to PSG, the league at which they've dominated for years. I think everyone accepted he was finally going to get a trophy once and for all. But once again he'll finish a season without a trophy as manager as PSG have just blown it tonight. 

Weird career Poch has had. 

Three ex-Saints battling it out at the top:

!st Jose Fonte's Lille

2nd Pochettino's PSG

3rd Paul Mitchell's Monaco

With only 2 games left to play, it looks likely that Fonte will lead his team to the title with the best defensive record in Europe and pick up his third major trophy. 

French Ligue 1 Table - Football - BBC Spor

• Like 1