Other Games - 2020/2021

jamesfp1

2 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

We’ve been safe since we beat Liverpool. Fulham are still 2 points behind where we were after that game on 4th January.

That’s probably true. The bottom 3 are spectacularly awful this season. Feels like the most boring and predictable relegation scrap in years.

11 hours ago, SaintBobby said:

That’s probably true. The bottom 3 are spectacularly awful this season. Feels like the most boring and predictable relegation scrap in years.

Wait until next season, none of the clubs coming up look likely to stay up for long. The champs are more or less the same Norwich side that ended up bottom of the PL last season.

11 hours ago, SaintBobby said:

People say that every season. Every frigging year someone says the bottom 3 next season won’t be as bad as this years and they always are. If we will be one of those awful bottom 3 next season is a different point but the argument that the bottom three next season won’t be as bad as this one is a completely irrelevant point. 

16 minutes ago, Turkish said:

People say that every season. Every frigging year someone says the bottom 3 next season won’t be as bad as this years and they always are. If we will be one of those awful bottom 3 next season is a different point but the argument that the bottom three next season won’t be as bad as this one is a completely irrelevant point. 

Come next January there will be, regular as clockwork, people on here confidently predicting that "40 points won't be enough this season".

Every fucking year.

Edited by CB Fry

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Spot on. Points tally of 18th placed team:

42 - 1

40 - 2

39 - 1

38 - 2

37 - 1

36 - 5

35 - 1

34 - 4

33 - 5

30 -1 

1 hour ago, Chapel End said:

🥱

Strange how it always provokes such vehement denials. Always gets a bite. You Always react. You don’t do a very good job of convincing people you are not always. 

18 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Strange how it always provokes such vehement denials. Always gets a bite. You Always react. You don’t do a very good job of convincing people you are not always. 

You post to get a reaction/attention and i don't like to disappoint 😉

A 🥱 isnt a vehement denial is it.

Like i have said, believe what you like, i don't care anymore but you  clearly do. 🤭

If i chose to respond that's up to me isn't it? Just as its your choice to bang on about it 🤔

Enjoy the weekend 😘

10 minutes ago, egg said:

Pathetic. Fans have gone. If they try getting back, give them a whack. No reason whatsoever to call the game off. And I have 4 of them players in my fantasy team. 

Yep that is the true casualty. I have 4 players too and my missus had the gaul to say ‘it’s only a game’ - I’m 30 points behind the leader!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, whelk said:

Yep that is the true casualty. I have 4 players too and my missus had the gaul to say ‘it’s only a game’ - I’m 30 points behind the leader!

Sad times. Leader in my mini league has 5 and I'm close behind so not all bad. 

It'll be interesting to see where they shoehorn the match into. Obviously needs to be before the 23rd, which actually means before the 19th.

Utd have matches on: 6th. 9th, 12th, 19th, 23rd and, most probably, 26th

Liverpool on: 8th, 16th, 19th, 23rd

Should have just waited as long as it took and played it today, as the only dates which really could be viable are tomorrow or the 14th (which will cause Liverpool to have a meltdown).

43 minutes ago, Minsk said:

It'll be interesting to see where they shoehorn the match into. Obviously needs to be before the 23rd, which actually means before the 19th.

Utd have matches on: 6th. 9th, 12th, 19th, 23rd and, most probably, 26th

Liverpool on: 8th, 16th, 19th, 23rd

Should have just waited as long as it took and played it today, as the only dates which really could be viable are tomorrow or the 14th (which will cause Liverpool to have a meltdown).

They will probably postpone ours to fit this one in. 😉

Edited by Chapel End

5 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Can't they just play tomorrow afternoon?

Do you reckon they will have to play at a neutral venue? If I was one of those fans, now that I know I can get stuff called off, I would be back tomorrow if they were going to play then! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Would make sense wouldn't it. Dont pack up the tv cameras etc just carry on. They'll probably have a huge police presence but with no fans there this time

3 hours ago, skintsaint said:

if that was us we would get points deducted I'm sure. But I'm guessing giving one to Utd will be handing City the title they won't do it. Just a paltry fine I'm sure.

For breaking which rule would it lead to a point deduction or fine?

3 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

I can't see how it would be fair to punish United. They clearly wanted the game to be played. The decision not to play was taken out of their hands. This was completely different to when Bryan Robson decided he was so big and important that he could take the decision to postpone a Middlesbrough game and they rightly had points deducted. What I am surprised about is that they didn't just decide to play the game today. It could have been a lunchtime kick-off.

12 hours ago, The Cat said:

Thats all they had to do, 12.00 kick off, job done and it doesnt affect United's Europa Cup game too much....although at 6-2 up it shouldnt make a difference.

54 minutes ago, aintforever said:

They should have played yesterday, the pitch was cleared pretty early on. Everyone is turning into a bunch of pussies nowadays.

Werent both teams marooned inn their hotels due to protestors gathering outside?

5 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Surely a failure to be able to safely host a match? I assume clubs are responsible for safety in the stadium, at least to some degree. Making sure fans aren't on the pitch tearing it up an hour before kick off that kind of thing?

If there aren't penalties for these sort of things, we need a new strategy of invading St Mary's when we have 2 or 3 key players on the cusp of returning from injury. Get the game postponed, get Ings back into the match squad...that kind of thing.

On 02/05/2021 at 11:22, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Spot on. Points tally of 18th placed team:

42 - 1

40 - 2

39 - 1

38 - 2

37 - 1

36 - 5

35 - 1

34 - 4

33 - 5

30 -1 

We will see how WBA and Fulham get on in their last few games. But it looks like we will see the 18th placed team at the lower end of that spectrum and quite possibly even below 30 points. Which would rather confirm my view that the bottom 3 this year really are pretty awful comapred to others in recent times.

2 hours ago, spyinthesky said:

Werent both teams marooned inn their hotels due to protestors gathering outside?

In most other countries the plod would just turn up in riot gear, smash the fuck out of the protesters and get the game on.

The players were never in the slightest bit of danger, the fans gripe is with the owners.

59 minutes ago, aintforever said:

In most other countries the plod would just turn up in riot gear, smash the fuck out of the protesters and get the game on.

The players were never in the slightest bit of danger, the fans gripe is with the owners.

Patently part of the problem would have been decontaminating the common areas that the poor precious hyperstars would have used.

Unbelievable

1 hour ago, aintforever said:

Someone threw a flare at the Sky Sports team, nearly hitting Jamie Carragher. Is that not moronic behaviour and more than 'slightly dangerous'?

3 hours ago, aintforever said:

The players might not have been the target but as soon as they came out and the game started it would have gee'd the mob right up.

It was Man United v Liverpool, the police were always calling it off.

It only takes one twat feeling confident to somehow have a go at an oppo player or chuck something and they all follow.

From the pictures I saw, most of them had cans of beer in their hands, probably had a skin full.

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

Someone threw a flare at the Sky Sports team, nearly hitting Jamie Carragher. Is that not moronic behaviour and more than 'slightly dangerous'?

Fans throw flares at football stadiums all round the world.

• Confused 1